Kieran Tierney... - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kieran Tierney...

Big Ramy 1314

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I'm watching the Real Sociedad game.

KT subbed off injured FFS

Can see it was before half-time 

What does it look like to you? 
Serious or what?? 

Just now, broraboy said:

Can see it was before half-time 

What does it look like to you? 
Serious or what?? 

Looked like it was his hamstring

There was no challenge on him.... Just went for a clearance and then immediately signaled to the bench. Then hobbled off clutching the back of his thigh

36 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

There was no challenge on him.... Just went for a clearance and then immediately signaled to the bench. Then hobbled off clutching the back of his thigh

Is this for real?How is it possible for a guy to get injured so much.Trouble is it always seems to be a long term serious one.Can only hope it isn't a hamstring.Saying that Salah got a bad hamstring playing for Egypt but they seem to think he would only be out for 3-4 weeks.

Well you can get various degrees of serious hamstring injuries. A full blown tear and he could face a couple of months out  but should still be back in plenty of time for the Euros. A less serious tear and could be out for a month and just a twinge and could be back in a couple of weeks.

11 hours ago, thesaint said:

Is this for real?How is it possible for a guy to get injured so much.Trouble is it always seems to be a long term serious one.Can only hope it isn't a hamstring.Saying that Salah got a bad hamstring playing for Egypt but they seem to think he would only be out for 3-4 weeks.

He said he's never had a hamstring injury until he did it a few months ago. Hopefully it's just bad luck but I doubt his career in the top flight will go past 30.

Fingers crossed it’s not too bad a Hamstring injury! 
Below a quote from The National 

Unlucky Scotland star Kieran Tierney is facing another spell on the sidelines after suffering a hamstring tear playing for Real Sociedad. 
The on loan Arsenal defender missed almost two months of the La Liga season earlier this term after a hamstring injury in October.
And his injury jinx struck again after he had to go off in this week's Copa del Rey quarter final win at Celta Vigo, when he limped off six minutes before half time.
Real Sociedad manager Imanol Alguacil revealed they are now waiting to assess his scan results to see the extent of the damage. He said: "We're going to wait for the relevant tests, but it's clear with Kieran that it's a rupture in the hamstring. "It's a shame, because we have left back Aihen Munoz out too and it's important to double up in positions because of the amount of games we're going to have to play.

I find his situation heartbreaking and I'm not even the guy battling with the injuries.  Could you imagine how he is feeling right now.  On his day, he is one of the World's best in his position but to be hindered with so much setbacks.  I can't see him playing beyond 30, it's so tragic.  

3 hours ago, romanticscot said:

I find his situation heartbreaking and I'm not even the guy battling with the injuries.  Could you imagine how he is feeling right now.  On his day, he is one of the World's best in his position but to be hindered with so much setbacks.  I can't see him playing beyond 30, it's so tragic.  

Agree it must be getting more and more frustrating for him.Here's hoping he can shake this one of within a couple of months or so.Obviously such a huge loss for us.When he isn't there  it really changes the way we play.Takes away such a big part of our attacking play.Fingers crossed.

14 minutes ago, runningtings said:

He would be a big miss for us, but I have a good bit of faith that Stevie Clarke will have a plan in the event that he is injured come the Euros.

It's all very well having a plan but having the players to put it into practice  is another story. Certainly don't have anybody else  as explosive as Tierney. When Robertson and Tierney didn't play against Norway the drop in the quality of our attacking was very very noticeable.If we have our strongest team i think we can do well... If not i think we might struggle. 

39 minutes ago, runningtings said:

He would be a big miss for us, but I have a good bit of faith that Stevie Clarke will have a plan in the event that he is injured come the Euros.

Maybe Kenny McLean at LCB? 

One of Clarke’s favourites and has played centre back for Norwich this season. 

He’s decent in the air and would be able to join in attacks. Unlikely to be as defensively switched on or be able to make a Tierney Spain style run. 

5 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

One of Clarke’s favourites and has played centre back for Norwich this season. 

He’s decent in the air and would be able to join in attacks. Unlikely to be as defensively switched on or be able to make a Tierney Spain style run. 

Plenty of options. McKenna, Cooper, Souttar, Doig, Hickey ...

11 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Unlikely to be as defensively switched on or be able to make a Tierney Spain style run. 

This is the key. Our system relies on Robertson and Tierney with Tierney attacking from the LCB position. I don't think there is any replacement. Clarke might have a plan but whatever that plan is will remove some of our attacking (and defending) capabilities.

No further news on Kieran Tierney ? 

Do we know if it’s the same hamstring that kept him out at the end of last year ?? 
Fingers crossed it’s only a Grade.1 Hamstring injury ( minor ) 

1 hour ago, BryanBlessed said:

This is the key. Our system relies on Robertson and Tierney with Tierney attacking from the LCB position. I don't think there is any replacement. Clarke might have a plan but whatever that plan is will remove some of our attacking (and defending) capabilities.

Our system very much relies on Robertson and Tierney bombing down that left wing. Without both of them we look far less dangerous going forward and also weaker at the back. Our system changes and not for the better. Fingers crossed that Tierney is fit. Still 5 months to go so shouldn't be too worried just yet. 

7 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

He’ll be retired in the next couple of years. Lennon ruined him. The laddie could barely walk at times and got injected to fuck to play a game of football 

Not to defend his being overplayed but he'd never had this kind of injury before so I don't know if the two things are linked. I suppose it might all be connected though. I just remember Michael Owen saying that it totally changed him as a player and he lost a lot of pace.

In retrospect, from a Scotland point of view, his game time (not that much but not negligible) at Arsenal was perfect.

43 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

Not to defend his being overplayed but he'd never had this kind of injury before so I don't know if the two things are linked. I suppose it might all be connected though. I just remember Michael Owen saying that it totally changed him as a player and he lost a lot of pace.

In retrospect, from a Scotland point of view, his game time (not that much but not negligible) at Arsenal was perfect.

I think it is more likely this injury was caused by him coming back too soon after the previous hamstring injury. Hamstrings do need to fully heal or else they can be prone to going again as has happened here. Worryingly, apparently if this is what has happened the second tear can be worse and take 3 to 5 months to heal. I hope that is not the case here.

News on Kieran Tierney 

Kieran Tierney’s thigh injury is not as bad as first feared and the defender could return in time to feature in Real Sociedad’s Champions League last-16 tie with Paris Saint-Germain.

The 26-year-old, who is on loan from Arsenal, sustained the injury to his left thigh during his side’s 2-1 victory over Celta Vigo in the Copa del Rey quarter-final earlier this month.

That sparked suggestions of a lengthy lay-off which could have even put his participation for Scotland at Euro 2024 this summer in doubt.

However, he is only expected to miss between two and three weeks with the two-legged tie with PSG seen as a realistic target for a comeback.

Tierney has been limited to 17 appearances in all competitions this season, after suffering a hamstring injury earlier in the campaign. The issue saw him miss almost two months.

In recent seasons, Tierney has been hampered by recurring injury issues and he underwent surgery on a knee injury in April 2022.

Tierney confirmed earlier this month that he would not be ending his loan spell early to return to Arsenal.

“Several people have asked me about this but the answer is no. I am definitely staying here (in January),” he told Spanish newspaper Noticias de Gipuzkoa:

“Arsenal fans are great, they always gave me a lot of support. During the four years I was there, I will always be grateful to the fans.”