Kieran Tierney... - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kieran Tierney...

Big Ramy 1314

5 minutes ago, broraboy said:

News on Kieran Tierney 

Kieran Tierney’s thigh injury is not as bad as first feared and the defender could return in time to feature in Real Sociedad’s Champions League last-16 tie with Paris Saint-Germain.

The 26-year-old, who is on loan from Arsenal, sustained the injury to his left thigh during his side’s 2-1 victory over Celta Vigo in the Copa del Rey quarter-final earlier this month.

That sparked suggestions of a lengthy lay-off which could have even put his participation for Scotland at Euro 2024 this summer in doubt.

However, he is only expected to miss between two and three weeks with the two-legged tie with PSG seen as a realistic target for a comeback.

Tierney has been limited to 17 appearances in all competitions this season, after suffering a hamstring injury earlier in the campaign. The issue saw him miss almost two months.

In recent seasons, Tierney has been hampered by recurring injury issues and he underwent surgery on a knee injury in April 2022.

Tierney confirmed earlier this month that he would not be ending his loan spell early to return to Arsenal.

“Several people have asked me about this but the answer is no. I am definitely staying here (in January),” he told Spanish newspaper Noticias de Gipuzkoa:

“Arsenal fans are great, they always gave me a lot of support. During the four years I was there, I will always be grateful to the fans.”

Great news, a huge relief for him & Scotland.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, broraboy said:

News on Kieran Tierney 

Kieran Tierney’s thigh injury is not as bad as first feared and the defender could return in time to feature in Real Sociedad’s Champions League last-16 tie with Paris Saint-Germain.

The 26-year-old, who is on loan from Arsenal, sustained the injury to his left thigh during his side’s 2-1 victory over Celta Vigo in the Copa del Rey quarter-final earlier this month.

That sparked suggestions of a lengthy lay-off which could have even put his participation for Scotland at Euro 2024 this summer in doubt.

However, he is only expected to miss between two and three weeks with the two-legged tie with PSG seen as a realistic target for a comeback.

Tierney has been limited to 17 appearances in all competitions this season, after suffering a hamstring injury earlier in the campaign. The issue saw him miss almost two months.

In recent seasons, Tierney has been hampered by recurring injury issues and he underwent surgery on a knee injury in April 2022.

Tierney confirmed earlier this month that he would not be ending his loan spell early to return to Arsenal.

“Several people have asked me about this but the answer is no. I am definitely staying here (in January),” he told Spanish newspaper Noticias de Gipuzkoa:

“Arsenal fans are great, they always gave me a lot of support. During the four years I was there, I will always be grateful to the fans.”

That last paragraph sounds to me like he's thinking he will never play for Arsenal again 🤔

18 hours ago, ger intae them said:

I think the opposite…… keeping them sweet for a return?

You could be right, it was just the past tenseness (not the right word, I know) of it all that made me think that

Edited by todd