Europe 23/24 - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Really good game. 2-2 with 10 mins or so to go. Probably about the right score. Our second goal was a cracker. Could go either way. 

Second goal looked off from Desslers ball, maybe it was the angle of the camera. Hard to tell without lines. 

I thought the huns looked better last night, more structured. (any other time I’ve seen them they’ve been rank) They’re certainly miles ahead of where we are at the moment what with injuries and a lack of transfer activity. Still not sure they will get past PSV though.

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

I thought the huns looked better last night, more structured. (any other time I’ve seen them they’ve been rank) They’re certainly miles ahead of where we are at the moment what with injuries and a lack of transfer activity. Still not sure they will get past PSV though.

I've not seen any of Celtic so far this season but if we're miles ahead you must be rotten as we've been miles off it other than last night and even then our forwards were pretty poor.

22 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I've not seen any of Celtic so far this season but if we're miles ahead you must be rotten as we've been miles off it other than last night and even then our forwards were pretty poor.

We are!

We are a bit of a mess at the moment. 3 out of the first choice back 4 out and the GK and LB not good enough. Add to that a few off form plus Hatate out and looking like he’s for the off anyway and we’re still pissing about in the transfer market. As it stands we’ll lose 0-3 approx at Ibrox and make a complete cunt of ourselves in Europe!

There’s still time of course and players to come back but I honestly don’t know what we are waiting on. We had to post a profit warning to the stock market last month ffs!

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

It's impossible to wish Ranger well in Europe. Next to no Scots in their squad ; the flags and songs and they are awful as well. Beale is a chancer too.

Hope PSV cuff them.

It would a big failure on PSV's part if they were to lose out on CL groups again to Rangers. PSV have splashed the cash this summer, they have spent almost £20M more than Rangers have. Pressure is all on PSV but this time I think they will have the quality to beat Rangers. 

3-0 PSV

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It would a big failure on PSV's part if they were to lose out on CL groups again to Rangers. PSV have splashed the cash this summer, they have spent almost £20M more than Rangers have. Pressure is all on PSV but this time I think they will have the quality to beat Rangers. 

3-0 PSV

I think we'll score over there as they are a bit of a bombscare at the back.  They also took their to CHs off with 5 minutes to go last night and it didn't look tactical so they could be even lighter back there.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

We are!

We are a bit of a mess at the moment. 3 out of the first choice back 4 out and the GK and LB not good enough. Add to that a few off form plus Hatate out and looking like he’s for the off anyway and we’re still pissing about in the transfer market. As it stands we’ll lose 0-3 approx at Ibrox and make a complete cunt of ourselves in Europe!

There’s still time of course and players to come back but I honestly don’t know what we are waiting on. We had to post a profit warning to the stock market last month ffs!

Do you think they're maybe angling to try and get Tierney as the "marquee" signing?  Seems to be gathering a bit of pace although I'm not sure I'd be overly happy with that as a Celtic fan.  He's obviously a very good player but would be quite expensive and spends a lot if time unavailable.  As a Rangers fan, if he is your marquee signing I'd be relatively happy with that.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Do you think they're maybe angling to try and get Tierney as the "marquee" signing?  Seems to be gathering a bit of pace although I'm not sure I'd be overly happy with that as a Celtic fan.  He's obviously a very good player but would be quite expensive and spends a lot if time unavailable.  As a Rangers fan, if he is your marquee signing I'd be relatively happy with that.

I’d have him back in a heartbeat, according to KT he was available all last season at Arsenal. Apparently he’s keen on coming back and so is Rodgers but the clubs would need to make the numbers work, Arsenal want a permanent transfer seemingly.

We’re also linked with Eric Dier, Solbakken at Roma and a goalkeeper I’ve never heard of. At this point I’d take any ####!

22 minutes ago, slasher said:

I’d have him back in a heartbeat, according to KT he was available all last season at Arsenal. Apparently he’s keen on coming back and so is Rodgers but the clubs would need to make the numbers work, Arsenal want a permanent transfer seemingly.

We’re also linked with Eric Dier, Solbakken at Roma and a goalkeeper I’ve never heard of. At this point I’d take any ####!

Solbakken was linked with us for a couple of seasons, looks a cracking player.

12 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Solbakken was linked with us for a couple of seasons, looks a cracking player.

He does. Apparently he has 4 options and will decide on deadline day so I’ve already dismissed the chances of him coming to us! 😂

It does maybe give a clue as to what sort of deals we are involved in where players are waiting to see what their options are till the end of the window. It’s a risky strategy I would say and we could be left with an absolute shit show on 1st September but lots of money in the bank 🙈

Re Tierney we have a 10% sell on so there might be a bit of wiggle room to do a deal with Arsenal but I’ll believe it when I see it.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Good luck to the Hibees tonight but if I was a betting man I’d be going for 0-5!

I really can’t see anything else much better unless Villa don’t take it seriously (unlikely given Emery’s track record).

Hope they do it but the sheer spending power of the EPL will be clear tonight. Best wishes to Hearts and Aberdeen as well tomorrow.