Season 23/24 - Page 24 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Another soft as baby shite penalty to rangers today. 

But but but but sellick. 

And a soft as shite foul that chopped off our fourth goal and a soft as shite red card that rules one of our only fit midfielders out of the cup final. But Rangers. 

36 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

And a soft as shite foul that chopped off our fourth goal and a soft as shite red card that rules one of our only fit midfielders out of the cup final. But Rangers. 

Haven't seen them yet, I'll reserve judgement till I watch the highlights 

56 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Have you seen the incident or are you basing it on that still picture? 

I’ve seen it on the tv & it’s a late tackle, still picture as much per usual makes it look worse but does show how far up the leg he contacted, so for me it’s a red.

Edited by RDFH64

8 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

I’ve seen it on the tv & it’s a late tackle, still picture as much per usual makes it look worse but does show how far up the leg he contacted, so for me it’s a red.

Just watching Sportscene Neil McCann isn’t half making an arse of himself, red card all day long

Thoroughly deserved win for Killie!

Rodgers can cop all the flak at our end. He must be the only person who can’t see how bad Hart, Philips and Taylor are. The lack of depth to cover just a couple of injuries is appalling and all down to complacency in the boardroom.

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

Thoroughly deserved win for Killie!

Rodgers can cop all the flak at our end. He must be the only person who can’t see how bad Hart, Philips and Taylor are. The lack of depth to cover just a couple of injuries is appalling and all down to complacency in the boardroom.

Why was Kyogo on the bench? 

40 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Staunch defending the staunch, nae conflict of interest there 🤯

Most Scottish pundits with an allegiance to either side of the OF are an embarrassment. They just can't give any sort of impartial view. 

Mon the killie! Fuck yez aw. 

You can only point this out when you win. But there was equivalent injury time accrued in each half. 

In the first half 4 mins accrual resulted in 2 mins additional time. In the second half 4 mins accrual resulted in 8mins additional time.

Both Var and the additional discretionary injury time have resulted in officials providing the old firm with even more advantages than before.

Personally a find it a little annoying. Discretion needs to be limited to minimise unconscious bias.  

46 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Mon the killie! Fuck yez aw. 

You can only point this out when you win. But there was equivalent injury time accrued in each half. 

In the first half 4 mins accrual resulted in 2 mins additional time. In the second half 4 mins accrual resulted in 8mins additional time.

Both Var and the additional discretionary injury time have resulted in officials providing the old firm with even more advantages than before.

Personally a find it a little annoying. Discretion needs to be limited to minimise unconscious bias.  

Clock should stop at injury treatments & VAR checks etc, restart the clock when play restarts then you would only have added time for goals, bookings & time wasting which a good ref should nip in the bud quickly.

Killie should also have had a penalty when Johnston dived and cleared the ball off the line with his arm. Not reviewed. 

I mean VAR doesn’t even need to look at the incident. Just review Johnston’s guilty face.

Again there are limited opportunities to point out the inequity of VAR and extended injury time and the significant advantages conferred upon the old firm by these systems. As you can only really point it out when you beat them.