Life is Great Just Now - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Life is Great Just Now

Caledonian Craig

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Judith said:

Beat Cyprus and we need a point from our last 3 games.

Simples.

We may not even need that.

Its all on the Cyprus game.

Not quite as Norway would still be able to beat us to second place if they win the rest of their games and beat us by two clear goals at Hampden. 

If Spain beat Norway (or at least don’t lose to them) and also beat Georgia twice then a win against Cyprus would be enough for us. 

27 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Not quite as Norway would still be able to beat us to second place if they win the rest of their games and beat us by two clear goals at Hampden. 

Mathematically yes.

Realistically?

Im pretty sure if we beat Cyprus we are there. As the other teams will cut each others throats one way or another.....

7 minutes ago, Judith said:

Mathematically yes.

Realistically?

Im pretty sure if we beat Cyprus we are there. As the other teams will cut each others throats one way or another.....

Yeah I agree but at the same time I won’t believe we have qualified until it actually happens. 

15 points has been enough for second place in every 5 team group since at least World Cup 2014 qualifying so if we beat Cyprus and finish 3rd in the group we are truly cursed. 

2 hours ago, borojock said:

The professionalism, confidence, consistency, strong team spirit and quality we have now i'm so confident that we will beat Cyprus 

My predictions for the rest of the group are -

Cyprus, win 2-0 

Spain, Draw 1-1 

Georgia, Win 1-0

Norway, Lose 2-1 

What happened in the Norway game then?

2 hours ago, borojock said:

The professionalism, confidence, consistency, strong team spirit and quality we have now i'm so confident that we will beat Cyprus 

My predictions for the rest of the group are -

Cyprus, win 2-0 

Spain, Draw 1-1 

Georgia, Win 1-0

Norway, Lose 2-1 

If your first 3 predictions are correct I can’t see us losing to Norway. They would  be out by then and that big doofus Haaland would likely pull out in a huff. 

Edited by Texas Pete

On 6/27/2023 at 2:32 PM, Shaundy said:

Agree with you both . We are a better team and have good bench now. Do think 5 subs changes the dynamics for a coach, mebbies our best asset, to influence when able to change half the outfield team . 
incredible to think of the no subs , injury only subs times. 

Theres a piece on bbc sport scotland about the impact of the change to 5 subs. The angle it takes is abit simplistic as the stats are solely looking at goals scored by subs however what I cant wrap my head around is Peter Grants view that we should return to 3 subs as there are too many players not getting an apportunity and sitting around on the bench.

Surely 3 subs means 2 less players getting any gametime each week?

I was trying to think of what he could mean and could only come up with that he thinks that having more subs on the bench means they arent playing elsewhere however I cant think thats true as squad sizes havent changed as far as im aware. Ie if you can name 9 on the bench now as opposed to 6, all it means is 3 players who would normally be in the 1st team squad arent sitting at home on match day?