Random Videos..... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New thread. Random videos of whatever folk might find interesting, funny, travel, whatever.. I came across this video. I have a fear from heights and near passed out watching this. Never in a million years, no matter how much you paid me would I do this... These lads have brass baws   https://www.facebook.com/reel/714706920255712?s=yWDuG2&fs=e....😳

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I had intended to visit Russia back in 2013. Not only Moscow, but also Volgograd for what would have been the 70th anniversary of the victory at Stalingrad.

Sadly, I talked myself out of going (something I regret immensely now).

Anyway, one of the things I missed was this.

It is projected on to the front of the Hotel Volgograd on the main square.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, aaid said:

Patna 

I grew up just south of Ayr in the 80s/90s, and we knew of Patna for its notoriety.

I used to drive through it for work every day. I assume it was a former mining town that has degenerated over the decades (probably in no small part to its middle-of-nowhere ruralness) into an absolute shithole.

8 hours ago, Dave78 said:

I grew up just south of Ayr in the 80s/90s, and we knew of Patna for its notoriety.

I used to drive through it for work every day. I assume it was a former mining town that has degenerated over the decades (probably in no small part to its middle-of-nowhere ruralness) into an absolute shithole.

That just about sums the place up.  Was built in the 19th century to provide housing for miners. It was named after Patna in India as that was where the family fortune came from.   Middle of nowhere, mine closes, train station closes, place is fucked. 

3 hours ago, aaid said:

That just about sums the place up.  Was built in the 19th century to provide housing for miners. It was named after Patna in India as that was where the family fortune came from.   Middle of nowhere, mine closes, train station closes, place is fucked. 

I thought that video was a wind up. I was through Ayrshire when I was home, thank fuck I missed that Patna place..😳