Flight Prices...... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flight Prices......

So, not confirmed, but my lovely wife is planning on sending me to Scotland for a retirement gift, Also England, my sister lives in Durham. We were looking at the price of flights. Oh my fuck has it gone up !!! I flew over 3 year ago, and the prices are ridiculous now. I'll probably fly out of Montreal, my wife will drive me there from our bit in Ottawa, it's about 2hr drive... Anyone else traveling and finding airfare out of control? Bloody robbery !!!

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So, not confirmed, but my lovely wife is planning on sending me to Scotland for a retirement gift, Also England, my sister lives in Durham. We were looking at the price of flights. Oh my fuck has it gone up !!! I flew over 3 year ago, and the prices are ridiculous now. I'll probably fly out of Montreal, my wife will drive me there from our bit in Ottawa, it's about 2hr drive... Anyone else traveling and finding airfare out of control? Bloody robbery !!!

Prices are ridiculous at the moment. A lot of it driven by the sharp increase in fuel costs. 

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Was it not yourself a few years ago that was going to swim through shark infested waters to get back for a Scotland game ?

Just strap a wee waterproof bag on your back and put the flippers on.

P.S. Joking apart, enjoy your retirement you lucky so and so,

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I flew to the US six months ago and it was just shy of £2k.  Thankfully work paid.

I’m not a big fan of flying having had to do it every week for about 10 years so now avoid it as much as possible.  

11 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

imagine you should get for around US $1000 - i can get Houston-Cape Town for $1000 at Xmas going via AMS/CDG

although paid $1450 3 weeks ago but that was booking Friday flying Sunday due to urgency   

depends when you are going  - i would ecpect less, but i am scratch out US-ABZ for around $1000

get on Skyscanner and play aroudn and travel on Tuesdays/Thurs;day 

11 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I went a bit daft in January and booked loads of holidays but I didn’t find any of them particularly pricy. Generally with flights the first 3 months after they are released and the last 3 weeks before departure is when they are at their most expensive. In between times is when you’ll usually get the best deal but I don’t think there is as much leeway with transatlantic flights.

What about Transat Air? Are they still on the go? My uncle lives in Ontario and over the last few years has always used them. The last time I toyed with going over to see him they were the cheapest but Air Canada were fuckin ridiculous!

Good luck!

2 hours ago, slasher said:

I went a bit daft in January and booked loads of holidays but I didn’t find any of them particularly pricy. Generally with flights the first 3 months after they are released and the last 3 weeks before departure is when they are at their most expensive. In between times is when you’ll usually get the best deal but I don’t think there is as much leeway with transatlantic flights.

What about Transat Air? Are they still on the go? My uncle lives in Ontario and over the last few years has always used them. The last time I toyed with going over to see him they were the cheapest but Air Canada were fuckin ridiculous!

Gofouod luck!

Found a good one out of Montreal Slasher, and it's Air Transat.. $1100.00 Canadian.. Mid May, till mid June... All the other airlines are 16, 1700, unreal man...

In 2005 i went from Glasgow to Houston, Texas via Newark with an open end 30 day return - was when Continental ran a route

It was as cheap as shite - about £350ish i think - and the leg from Newark to Houston was a Boeing 777 with about 14 folk on it

Mental

Wow !! Mrs.Ramy just booked 2 flights to Halifax, Nova Scotia for $220.00 return for both of us. Flying out the day after I retire. It was one of those 24hour deals, non refundable, fuck it, that's some deal... Think it's more for her as she us from Nova Scotia..😉🤣

On 4/11/2023 at 8:28 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Maybe a one way ticket Ramy 😜