Harry Kane 'Song' - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Harry Kane 'Song'

Robbo `81

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Whelky75 said:

Problems?!!

I think you need to worry about your own problems, before trying to diagnose/solve other people’s!

Lol i will head to the doctors today and see if he/she can help me. Doubt it to be honest. 

I am only kiddin with you whelky, i actually love how you manage to piss everyone off without even trying. 

You gunna stick around this time? Its about to be a glory period for scotland and i would hate for you to miss out on the glorious chats and discussions when we win the euros in germany.

55 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol i will head to the doctors today and see if he/she can help me. Doubt it to be honest. 

I am only kiddin with you whelky, i actually love how you manage to piss everyone off without even trying. 

You gunna stick around this time? Its about to be a glory period for scotland and i would hate for you to miss out on the glorious chats and discussions when we win the euros in germany.

It’s a teacher you should be seeking out, not a doctor!

I think you might be disappointed if you think it’s about to be a ‘glory period’ for Scotland. As you yourself have pointed out several times on here, the team still has plenty of players playing at a relatively low level, which unfortunately is going to severely limit what we can achieve.

23 minutes ago, Whelky75 said:

It’s a teacher you should be seeking out, not a doctor!

I think you might be disappointed if you think it’s about to be a ‘glory period’ for Scotland. As you yourself have pointed out several times on here, the team still has plenty of players playing at a relatively low level, which unfortunately is going to severely limit what we can achieve.

It will limit what we can achieve but we could still be in for a relative glory/golden era.

Obviously we wont be winning or getting to the final of a major tournament but we should be getting to the euros and looking to get out the group stages. To me that would be a glory period.

Maybe if guys like doak or mebude turn into stars then we can hope for more.

5 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

It will limit what we can achieve but we could still be in for a relative glory/golden era.

Obviously we wont be winning or getting to the final of a major tournament but we should be getting to the euros and looking to get out the group stages. To me that would be a glory period.

Maybe if guys like doak or mebude turn into stars then we can hope for more.

Honestly don't think getting out of the group and into the last 16 is as big a deal as some make out. 

We have had numerous teams reach the last 16 in the past

19 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Honestly don't think getting out of the group and into the last 16 is as big a deal as some make out. 

Aye when Europe had far fewer countries and the majority of other international teams were terrible. 

Edited by Texas Pete

35 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

In different formats, getting to the top 16 teams in Europe would be a bigger achievement. However, with the poor current format of the European Championships, it’s not such an achievement - it’s almost more difficult to get knocked out in the group stages of the finals, than it is to get through them.

Getting to the top 16 teams - League A - in the Nations League is probably a slightly bigger achievement for example.

I think we’re still a fair bit off from being one of the best 16 teams in Europe though. We’ve made a bit of progress and would hopefully be inside the top 24 teams now, but not top 16, in my opinion.

Edited by Whelky75

5 pages on a song where around a third of the comments are about the song 👀 Getting back on topic, last time I heard it sung was on the train to Mount Florida for the Israel game it was then followed up by if you hate the fuckin English clap your hands. Personally I think there's a lot of mock outrage and whatabootery when it comes to football chants, but at the same time I certainly wouldn't be singing it and I think it's time we moved on from songs such as these. Thing is the train did have non TA passengers as well, if I was one I'd be thinking what's the difference between some of the Old Firms dodgy songbook and this?

3 hours ago, Whelky75 said:

In different formats, getting to the top 16 teams in Europe would be a bigger achievement. However, with the poor current format of the European Championships, it’s not such an achievement - it’s almost more difficult to get knocked out in the group stages of the finals, than it is to get through them.

Getting to the top 16 teams - League A - in the Nations League is probably a slightly bigger achievement for example.

I think we’re still a fair bit off from being one of the best 16 teams in Europe though. We’ve made a bit of progress and would hopefully be inside the top 24 teams now, but not top 16, in my opinion.

I agree that making the top tier of the Nations league is a bigger achievement than qualifying for the last 16 of the Euros would be. I would say we are a lot closer to the top 16 teams in Europe though 

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I agree that making the top tier of the Nations league is a bigger achievement than qualifying for the last 16 of the Euros would be. I would say we are a lot closer to the top 16 teams in Europe though 

I think we might be quite close, but it’s a difficult standard to reach, given that there are probably nine ‘big teams’ that are well ahead of the rest.

That only leaves seven more spaces in the ‘top 16 teams in Europe’, and teams like Czech Republic, Denmark, Poland, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine and Wales, who have all been regularly qualifying for major tournaments, have far more claim to being in that elite group than we do. (I’ve probably forgotten a couple of teams from that list too? I would have said Austria, but their really poor showing in our World Cup 2022 qualifying group kind of harms their case a bit!)

Russia would be another one who are ahead of us in the pecking order, but their current ban obviously bumps us up a place. 

Edited by Whelky75

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

There was enough good teams to make qualifying for the last eight 10 times more impressive than qualifying for the last 16 now. 

I think you might need to redo the maths there!

I don’t think qualifying for the last 8 then would be ten times more impressive than making the last 16 now would it? A bit more impressive, but not that much, surely? Particularly as there were far less teams then, and more to the point, far less good teams, as has been mentioned.

6 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

There was enough good teams to make qualifying for the last eight 10 times more impressive than qualifying for the last 16 now. 

When did we do that? The only time I remember us getting to the last 8 was Euro 92 and the that came about by winning a relatively easy qualifying group. 

5 hours ago, Kiltedsteamer147 said:

Pretty sure Dohadeer was banned for being a helmet.

Why are you back?

Are you one of the moderators, because that’s pretty similar to the ‘official’ reason I was given, I think?!! I’m sure it was something along the lines of ‘banned for general bawbaggery’ or something like that, which I thought was really vague and unfair. By all means, ban me if I’ve broken the rules, but at least tell me which specific rule(s) I’ve broken to merit a ban!

As I mentioned elsewhere, I usually read these threads around the time of international games and this time I saw a horrible misogynistic post that someone had written, so I opened an account in order to contact the moderators and try to have the post removed. So, you have the person who wrote that awful post to thank for my return.

1 hour ago, Whelky75 said:

Are you one of the moderators, because that’s pretty similar to the ‘official’ reason I was given, I think?!! I’m sure it was something along the lines of ‘banned for general bawbaggery’ or something like that, which I thought was really vague and unfair. By all means, ban me if I’ve broken the rules, but at least tell me which specific rule(s) I’ve broken to merit a ban!

As I mentioned elsewhere, I usually read these threads around the time of international games and this time I saw a horrible misogynistic post that someone had written, so I opened an account in order to contact the moderators and try to have the post removed. So, you have the person who wrote that awful post to thank for my return.

No, I’m not a moderator. I decided not to bother with the TAMB anymore a while back because guys like you and Chripper/TDK/Taylor completely ruined the place with your inane bullshit. 

I saw an email as someone sent me a PM recently so logged in and saw you were back. You’ll probably be banned again soon as I’m sure it’s against the rules for banned users to create a new profile to slink back on to the board when they have been told they’re not wanted and as you have admitted to being Dohadeer you won’t have a leg to stand on. 

I’ll maybe come back on in another few months and you’ll no doubt be stinking up the place using yet another username. 

4 minutes ago, Kiltedsteamer147 said:

No, I’m not a moderator. I decided not to bother with the TAMB anymore a while back because guys like you and Chripper/TDK/Taylor completely ruined the place with your inane bullshit. 

I saw an email as someone sent me a PM recently so logged in and saw you were back. You’ll probably be banned again soon as I’m sure it’s against the rules for banned users to create a new profile to slink back on to the board when they have been told they’re not wanted and as you have admitted to being Dohadeer you won’t have a leg to stand on. 

I’ll maybe come back on in another few months and you’ll no doubt be stinking up the place using yet another username. 

Yeah, I assume multiple accounts are not allowed, but as long as they take action against the initial misogynistic post that caused me to join again, then that’s all I’m looking for.

I try not to be too inane with my posts, I just like to call out nonsense, and there’s a lot of it on here at times!