Indyref 2 (2) - Page 223 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Worth a watch to get a bit of background on Humza Yousaf. IMO he comes over pretty likeable, I just wish I had more confidence in his ability as FM. 

Amazed that you see him as likeable. Most people think he's a creep. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mariokempes said:

I have never felt he is a creep, but I have often felt he is very false. I have to say I thought he came over very genuine in that interview..

1 hour ago, mariokempes said:

Have you conducted a poll on who thinks he is a creep? Why do you think he is a creep?

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

As strategies go it is totally pathetic - unless of course between now and the GE there is a massive upsurge in the Tory vote within Scotland (There wont be)

You only have to look at the polls to see what the danger is - daft cunts in Scotland thinking British Labour is the answer

The only thing I can think of is the argument that even if Labour get in, they don't last long and you'll get the Tories back again. The only way to get rid off the Tories permanently is to vote SNP and become independent of England who keep foisting them upon us 

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Have you conducted a poll on who thinks he is a creep? Why do you think he is a creep?

This poll isn't clear why he's unpopular (it might be because people think he's a creep or it might be something else) but unpopular he is:

https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies.com/scottish-independence-referendum-westminster-voting-intention-10-11-march-2024/

I can't remember Sturgeon or pre-trial Salmond ever polling so poorly. It's alarming too that Anas Sarwar - a man with the charisma of a wardrobe - is marginally ahead of him in preferences for next FM.

I spend a fair bit of my time (through work) in England and frequently hear the locals far from enthused about the nailed-on cert of a Labour government in the next GE. Generally, hear quite a bit terminology like 'they'll be no better than the Tories'. Scottish yoons take note - hardly a glowing indictment of the Westminster political scene that you are so desperate to remain part of.

5 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I spend a fair bit of my time (through work) in England and frequently hear the locals far from enthused about the nailed-on cert of a Labour government in the next GE. Generally, hear quite a bit terminology like 'they'll be no better than the Tories'. Scottish yoons take note - hardly a glowing indictment of the Westminster political scene that you are so desperate to remain part of.

They'd be better off closing the Scottish parliament and forgetting about Independence for 100 years if the Scottish population is stupid enough to vote for Labour.

6 hours ago, scotlad said:

This poll isn't clear why he's unpopular (it might be because people think he's a creep or it might be something else) but unpopular he is:

https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies.com/scottish-independence-referendum-westminster-voting-intention-10-11-march-2024/

I can't remember Sturgeon or pre-trial Salmond ever polling so poorly. It's alarming too that Anas Sarwar - a man with the charisma of a wardrobe - is marginally ahead of him in preferences for next FM.

I honestly don't get why he is so unpopular. I understand why sunak isn't popular but not sure where the dislike of humza comes from

I'll tell you what doesn't help scotland. The in fighting with independence supporters. Cunts like yhe guy from.l wings had the knives out for the snp at every opportunity. That will never help the cause

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I honestly don't get why he is so unpopular. I understand why sunak isn't popular but not sure where the dislike of humza comes from

I'll tell you what doesn't help scotland. The in fighting with independence supporters. Cunts like yhe guy from.l wings had the knives out for the snp at every opportunity. That will never help the cause

Well if its anything like the opinion on here it is because he is seen as 'the chosen.one' by his predecessor. No more, no less.

It is F-all to do with his leadership skills or persona as to why the SNP have fallen in the opinion polls and more to do with the hatchet job done on the party by the biased media who smelt the blood in the water over the Nicola Sturgeon scandal which as ywt proved to be groundless accusations and since then any thing they could pick up on such as Matheson running up a iPad bill they have jumped on. Those sort of things,are what have harmed the SNP polls and naturally you get a time after over a decade in power where people will buy into the mantra of 'its time for a change' but do not stop to think of the rancid options.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Campbell already said it's because he now sees the SNP as an obstacle to Independence and wants them out the way - although he hasnt really explained what the alternatives and consequences would be.

And when you see Humza fighting an election on "oust the Tories" rather than an anti union campaign it's just another endorsement of what Campbell believes

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Campbell already said it's because he now sees the SNP as an obstacle to Independence and wants them out the way - although he hasnt really explained what the alternatives and consequences would be.

Another man without a plan. ( wings not you Ally) . Willing to stir shite and make unfounded accusations but has no concrete alternative . He clearly wants Alex Salmond back in charge however with Alba polling at 1% in Scotland, outdone even by Reform Uk at 3%, he is living in cloud cuckoo land. 

15 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Countries are governed by creeps the world over. Being a creep doesn’t prevent someone from raising to the highest level in any job.

There are some negative words I  could use to describe Humza, none of them is a ‘creep’. 

I don't think the "Tories out" tactic is a good idea at all.  Apart from the way it's been distorted into the SNP wanting a genocide of Tories by the MSM, it raises the question of why vote SNP as compared to Labour.  the SNP need to go for the jugular with Labour, and it's not a hard thing to do; apart from their anti indy anti referendum anti democracy stance, they are pro brexit and against the single market and freedom of movement - in other words they ARE pretty much Tories with a different tie as far as Scotland is concerned.  The Tories have what, 6 MPs is it?  Why prioritise beating them at the expense of letting Labour's lies gain traction.  If Yousaf goes down the "get the Tories out" route, he's even more stupid than I thought.  Getting the Tories out is down to what the English electorate do.  He's aiming at the wrong target.

FFS we need the SNP to stop fucking up at every turn.  And the hate crime law coming in on 1st April is going to be another clusterfuck.  Who dreams up all these monumentally stupid ideas?  and more importantly why?  Is it just stupidity or is it deliberate sabotage?

The problem for the SNP IMO is there is not one, well rounded MP or MSP , that can lead the party. 
I dont think Humza has the competency to be FM, I think Stephen Flynn speaks very well but can be a bit too arrogant at times. That doesn’t bother me but it could bother others. I think Kate Forbes probably has the competency but there is something about her delivery that could grate with people. 

These problems dont stop politicians at WM getting selected, in a constant 2 horse race the bar doesn’t need to be set that high, and they do not have a small matter of independence clouding judgement . 

The time it is taking for the police investigation is an utter joke. Must be coming up for 3 years now. There is no good outcome. The SNP will either be slaughtered or there will not be enough evidence which leaves a lingering smell, even if they are cleared the focus will be put on the cost of the investigation to the electorate. 

9 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I don't think the "Tories out" tactic is a good idea at all.  Apart from the way it's been distorted into the SNP wanting a genocide of Tories by the MSM, it raises the question of why vote SNP as compared to Labour.  the SNP need to go for the jugular with Labour, and it's not a hard thing to do; apart from their anti indy anti referendum anti democracy stance, they are pro brexit and against the single market and freedom of movement - in other words they ARE pretty much Tories with a different tie as far as Scotland is concerned.  The Tories have what, 6 MPs is it?  Why prioritise beating them at the expense of letting Labour's lies gain traction.  If Yousaf goes down the "get the Tories out" route, he's even more stupid than I thought.  Getting the Tories out is down to what the English electorate do.  He's aiming at the wrong target.

FFS we need the SNP to stop fucking up at every turn.  And the hate crime law coming in on 1st April is going to be another clusterfuck.  Who dreams up all these monumentally stupid ideas?  and more importantly why?  Is it just stupidity or is it deliberate sabotage?

The fact its coming in on 1 April does not help the ‘stupidity ‘ angle. 

34 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I do see what you are saying and do tend to agree but perhaps there is a little trepidation to do this yet. There is still a rank outside chance would then perhaps struggle to get a full majority and if that happened then zilch chance of Labour turning to SNP for a coalition and potential referendum as a caveat. That could perhaps be a reason.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I do see what you are saying and do tend to agree but perhaps there is a little trepidation to do this yet. There is still a rank outside chance would then perhaps struggle to get a full majority and if that happened then zilch chance of Labour turning to SNP for a coalition and potential referendum as a caveat. That could perhaps be a reason.

As with any election campaign a lot of it comes down to timing. Some of the timing is in the control of each party but most of it isn't. This is one thing the SNP should be in control of. We don't even know even the election will be yet. Although I think the main parties are now narrowing it down to Sept, Oct or Nov. 

I'm not sure your point holds, as Labour not getting a full majority is the only way the SNP can have any influence at Westminster. I might have misunderstood what you are saying though?

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

As with any election campaign a lot of it comes down to timing. Some of the timing is in the control of each party but most of it isn't. This is one thing the SNP should be in control of. We don't even know even the election will be yet. Although I think the main parties are now narrowing it down to Sept, Oct or Nov. 

I'm not sure your point holds, as Labour not getting a full majority is the only way the SNP can have any influence at Westminster. I might have misunderstood what you are saying though?

Yes my point is perhaps the SNP are loathe to wade in on Labour too much as Labour would point blank refuse any coalition should that situation arise. Also thinking about it perhaps SNP are comfortable enough with Labour getting in at Westminster, wait for the inevitable implosion and point to the walking disasters (Tory and Labour parties) that are destined to forever rule Scotland unless we get independence.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes my point is perhaps the SNP are loathe to wade in on Labour too much as Labour would point blank refuse any coalition should that situation arise. Also thinking about it perhaps SNP are comfortable enough with Labour getting in at Westminster, wait for the inevitable implosion and point to the walking disasters that are destined to forever rule Scotland unless we get independence.

I think that is a pretty risky strategy, the more seats Labour get in Scotland the more likely Labour will get a majority. I could perhaps understand it if the polls were much tighter and in Tories favour . 

Edited by TDYER63

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes my point is perhaps the SNP are loathe to wade in on Labour too much as Labour would point blank refuse any coalition should that situation arise. Also thinking about it perhaps SNP are comfortable enough with Labour getting in at Westminster, wait for the inevitable implosion and point to the walking disasters that are destined to forever rule Scotland unless we get independence.

I don't think either of those points come into SNP thinking at all. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Another man without a plan. ( wings not you Ally) . Willing to stir shite and make unfounded accusations but has no concrete alternative . He clearly wants Alex Salmond back in charge however with Alba polling at 1% in Scotland, outdone even by Reform Uk at 3%, he is living in cloud cuckoo land. 

This is my problem with independence supporters having a go at the snp, what is the current alternative? People with a voice like Jim Spence and the wings clown see to permanently pissed off because salmond isn't the golden boy anymore or the snp aren't aligned with their politics. 

The snp have been attacking Labour as well as the tories. See the snp opposition day as proof.

The whole tories out thing has been amplified by the media and blown out of proportion.

I'd also add that being a Conservative in an independent Scotland isn't a bad thing. You need good opposition in a new government BUT ousting this version of Conservative is fine by me because its not they fact they hold Conservative views, its the fact they still see England  as the senior partner in this union and they act like its still the days of the empire. 

I believe the election will be September.

It was always going to be after the Euros.

England have a great chance of winning it and don't underestimate the boost it would give to the sitting government ( and perversely to the SNP) 

if England don't win the Tories will lose huge, if they do win they will  lose but not by as much.

however this is only my opinion 

So perhaps as independence supporters we should hope England win the Euros 🤔🤔🤔

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd also add that being a Conservative in an independent Scotland isn't a bad thing. You need good opposition in a new government BUT ousting this version of Conservative is fine by me because its not they fact they hold Conservative views, its the fact they still see England  as the senior partner in this union and they act like its still the days of the empire. 

I think this is what constantly gets missed despite Scotland already having a far more democratic voting system than England. Its amazing the number of people who do not know how Scottish elections work.

An independent Scotland is NOT going to be a constant one party state . 

2 minutes ago, stocky said:

I believe the election will be September.

It was always going to be after the Euros.

England have a great chance of winning it and don't underestimate the boost it would give to the sitting government ( and perversely to the SNP) 

if England don't win the Tories will lose huge, if they do win they will  lose but not by as much.

however this is only my opinion 

So perhaps as independence supporters we should hope England win the Euros 🤔🤔🤔

Too far. You just took that tooooooo far.