Indyref 2 (2) - Page 182 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

So the basis of HL’s rants are that Scotland is full of people coming here, attracted by benefits, not contributing, can’t hear a local accent anywhere and something needs to be done about it.

And people are trying to justify that?  

Shame on you.  

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, aaid said:

So the basis of HL’s rants are that Scotland is full of people coming here, attracted by benefits, not contributing, can’t hear a local accent anywhere and something needs to be done about it.

Shame on you.  

I don't think he objects to anyone actually being here.  It's them having a vote in an indyref that is the sticking point.  I'm sure you can see the problem if the UK were actively to encourage hundreds of thousands of people from England, all vetted for their unionist beliefs, to move to Scotland.  It would be a sort of plantation of Ulster situation.  I know that's a huge exaggeration, but don't expect the UK to play fair over indy.  We need to overcome the problem by persuading incomers that their life will be better under indy, by pointing out the benefits they already have, and also pointing out that if they are stupid enough to vote for any unionist party (Labour in particular but also the other ones) they will likely end up losing a lot of the benefits we currently enjoy, up to and including the Scottish Parliament.  I don't think anyone is suggesting burning people out of their homes or any form of violence - leave that to the yoons of 19th September 2014.

22 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Apologies , unfortunately I can’t get the bitter taste from my mouth with everything that has gone on internally to sabotage the party. We were so close, incompetence doesn’t cover it. A sore een to take 

👍 

59 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I don't think he objects to anyone actually being here.  It's them having a vote in an indyref that is the sticking point.  I'm sure you can see the problem if the UK were actively to encourage hundreds of thousands of people from England, all vetted for their unionist beliefs, to move to Scotland.  It would be a sort of plantation of Ulster situation.  I know that's a huge exaggeration, but don't expect the UK to play fair over indy.  We need to overcome the problem by persuading incomers that their life will be better under indy, by pointing out the benefits they already have, and also pointing out that if they are stupid enough to vote for any unionist party (Labour in particular but also the other ones) they will likely end up losing a lot of the benefits we currently enjoy, up to and including the Scottish Parliament.  I don't think anyone is suggesting burning people out of their homes or any form of violence - leave that to the yoons of 19th September 2014.

Agree completely.

I dont always see eye to eye with Loon but have never seen racism and dont think he was being racist on this occasion either, just frustrated and concerned. 
I would never want to stop any decent person making Scotland their home but realistically most people from other parts of the UK will want to keep the Union as it is. They will not share the passion of Scottish independence . The best we can do is , as you say, try and point out the benefits. Ask them to think of why they have actually chosen to uproot themselves from other parts of the UK. 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Grangemouth refinery set to close, or is Ratcliffe playing funny buggers again?....

Completely removing Scotland's ability to refine oil.  Ratcliife doing his bit to strip Scotland of the ability to exploit our own resources.

5 hours ago, aaid said:

Shame on you.  

It’s ok you just stick to the London SNP 🤣 you couldn’t make that shit up,,, an snp branch based on London to further Scottish independence while based in the country we want independence from. I know who I am, I know what who I am, you don’t have a clue what kind of person I am,, one thing anyone who knows me will tell you is that I am number a family man, committed to Scotland and independence, i an unwavering commitment to further scottish independence and will argue it’s case until my dying breath, and regardless of how many times I have been offered to work abroad I will never leave Scotland or in fact the toon I was brought up in!! I don’t imagine youncould understand that!!!

17 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Completely removing Scotland's ability to refine oil.  Ratcliife doing his bit to strip Scotland of the ability to exploit our own resources.

Now that sturgeon backed the SNP into a ludicrous oil and gas position, humza has zero wiggle room at all, ratclife isn’t a stupid lad, he’s probably had enough of the stupid student politics, some uncomfortable debates to be had, ratcliffe will have them dancing to his tune 

“”””The only operating crude oil refinery in Scotland, and one of only six remaining in the UK, supplies 80% of the country’s fuel.

The refinery in Falkirk is responsible for 4% of Scotland’s GDP and approximately 8% of its manufacturing base.

Refinery operations are expected to cease in under 18 months in spring 2025.

Owners Petroineos, a joint venture between PetroChina and INEOS, said the site would become an import and distribution hub””””

Let that sink in!!! How idiotic is sturgeon and her minions!! Westminster have had an open goal with this.. 

This has been an act of sabotage from sturgeon, pure and simple, she set the foundations to strip Scotland of its oil and gas industry so that no rest would be put up from the “nationalist” she has taken the hope and trust folk had in the snp and used it against it. We now have a party of drones who are not acting in the interests of independence,, it’s sickening 

18 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

This has been an act of sabotage from sturgeon, pure and simple, she set the foundations to strip Scotland of its oil and gas industry so that no rest would be put up from the “nationalist” she has taken the hope and trust folk had in the snp and used it against it. We now have a party of drones who are not acting in the interests of independence,, it’s sickening 

100%. But some clowns still trust her and the many, very many , hangers-on..

And they are far more damaging to indy than any number of Unionists

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I doubt she is bright enough to come up with that one deliberately.  However her stance on oil and gas was I think, like many things, more about virtue signalling than anything else.  She has almost the SNP into a corner and it is essential that a more pragmatic attitude is adopted pronto.  She has removed a source of GDP, reduced our energy security, and put us at the mercy of international markets as far as oil and gas are concerned.  Meanwhile the rest of the world will continue to produce fossil fuels and sell them to us.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

I doubt she is bright enough to come up with that one deliberately.  However her stance on oil and gas was I think, like many things, more about virtue signalling than anything else.  She has almost the SNP into a corner and it is essential that a more pragmatic attitude is adopted pronto.  She has removed a source of GDP, reduced our energy security, and put us at the mercy of international markets as far as oil and gas are concerned.  Meanwhile the rest of the world will continue to produce fossil fuels and sell them to us.

As far as I am concerned there has been a coordinated effort to sabotage certain “pillars” of independence, they took nationalism out of the party and made it sit in a corner, they went against the oil and gas industry that they basically built independence on, they went after the fishing strong hold constituencies of ewing and salmond, they went after the infrastructure that will be required in an iscotland, they went after the members who were not trans aligned,they pushed humza for first minister and don’t get me started on the salmond stitch up, the party has been compromised there is no way this is incompetence

Edited by hampden_loon2878

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

As far as I am concerned there has been a coordinated effort to sabotage certain “pillars” of independence, they took nationalism out of the party and made it sit in a corner, they went against the oil and gas industry that they basically built independence on, they went after the fishing strong hold constituencies of ewing and salmond, they went after the infrastructure that will be required in an iscotland, they went after the members who were not trans aligned,they pushed humza for first minister and don’t get me started on the salmond stitch up, the party has been compromised there is no way this is incompetence

On the ball as ever. And again so few can see it

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

As far as I am concerned there has been a coordinated effort to sabotage certain “pillars” of independence, they took nationalism out of the party and made it sit in a corner,

What you could say about this is that it was the Scottish people that did that in 2014 

Could the SG step in and nationalise Grangemouth, like they did with Ferguson's shipyard and Prestwick Airport? Because if they can, they really need to pull out all the stops and do it. This is a critical matter. If Grangemouth closes it makes Scotland less able to maintain its own fuel security. We're being shafted here!

8 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Could the SG step in and nationalise Grangemouth, like they did with Ferguson's shipyard and Prestwick Airport? Because if they can, they really need to pull out all the stops and do it. This is a critical matter. If Grangemouth closes it makes Scotland less able to maintain its own fuel security. We're being shafted here!

Absolutely nae chance of it happening under Humza and his precious Green alliance

I don't think this proposal has happened just because Ratcliffe wants it - it's a nailed on certainty that the UK government is involved, and without a doubt Starmer is in the loop.  Remove Scotland's capacity to refine our own oil and you have Scotland by the balls.  It said in the papers that the refinery made a loss of £360 million last year, but shuffling money around and a bit of creative accountancy can create a "loss" to order.  How does this plant compare with the 5 plants in England and Wales?  This is a blatant political act of economic vandalism, aided by Sturgeon's naive and impractical virtue signalling about oil and gas - if the SNP actually had a leader, rather than the ventriloquist's dummy shoehorned into place (andIi use the word dummy deliberately) there would have been an immediate and incandescent response.  This is an act of economic war against Scotland almost as much as destroying the plant by bombing, along the lines being threatened by some unionist politicians in 2014.

Pipelines and cables being taken ashore south of the border.  Destruction of Scotland's industrial capacity.  Already they're talking about stealing our water resources as well as our hydrocarbons, our wind and wave energy.  what a shame we have such a bunch of useless wankers masquerading as a government in Scotland.  My pronouns for the vast majority of them are fuck and off.  And if I hear the phrase "just transition" again, I may spontaneously combust.

How the fuck did we ever get to this situation?

15 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Can't disagree with a word of that tbh.  Those that facilitated it need to be identified, called out, and exposed for what they are.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

I don't think this proposal has happened just because Ratcliffe wants it - it's a nailed on certainty that the UK government is involved, and without a doubt Starmer is in the loop.  Remove Scotland's capacity to refine our own oil and you have Scotland by the balls.  It said in the papers that the refinery made a loss of £360 million last year, but shuffling money around and a bit of creative accountancy can create a "loss" to order.  How does this plant compare with the 5 plants in England and Wales?  This is a blatant political act of economic vandalism, aided by Sturgeon's naive and impractical virtue signalling about oil and gas - if the SNP actually had a leader, rather than the ventriloquist's dummy shoehorned into place (andIi use the word dummy deliberately) there would have been an immediate and incandescent response.  This is an act of economic war against Scotland almost as much as destroying the plant by bombing, along the lines being threatened by some unionist politicians in 2014.

Pipelines and cables being taken ashore south of the border.  Destruction of Scotland's industrial capacity.  Already they're talking about stealing our water resources as well as our hydrocarbons, our wind and wave energy.  what a shame we have such a bunch of useless wankers masquerading as a government in Scotland.  My pronouns for the vast majority of them are fuck and off.  And if I hear the phrase "just transition" again, I may spontaneously combust.

How the fuck did we ever get to this situation?

Has there been a response by the first minister to the Grangemouth closing?

Just now, Malcolm said:

don’t worry, I am sure Patrick harvie will have these 500 poor souls building windmills in no time.

From what I've read the refinery isn't closing completely. It will act as a hub for imported fuel so their is hope for jobs.

I'm not sure what hardie has got to do with my question, harvie isn't and never was first minister.

Based on your posts today I'm guessing you've gone full gammon again

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

From what I've read the refinery isn't closing completely. It will act as a hub for imported fuel so their is hope for jobs.

I'm not sure what hardie has got to do with my question, harvie isn't and never was first minister.

Based on your posts today I'm guessing you've gone full gammon again

you do like putting people in boxes 😂 no doubt you think I read the daily Mail too. The greens have been pushing the snp around since the Bute house agreement and now with such a weak leader as Humza who is also broadly aligned with their loony left policies you will see more influence.