QATAR World Cup 22 Tickets - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

QATAR World Cup 22 Tickets

GaryWood34

Ach I may never get the chance to speculate about tickets for World Cup tickets when Scotland’s would be fixtures have opponents and dates. 

By Thursday morning this could be dead so let’s enjoy it while we can. 

Managed to get to every Euro group game. Never been to a World Cup match. 

Give me your educated or uneducated guesses on how many tickets the SSC would be likely to get for each fixture. 

I can dream…

Edited by GaryWood34

21 minutes ago, dougiemacfarlanearran said:

Similar to euros no doubt, if ur not on 14 / 15 plus points you’ve nae chance!

We should get at least 10,000 tickets for each match if we qualify surely? Given the high cost of travel and the nightmare of trying to book accommodation as well as the short notice caused by the playoff delay I would reckon all games could go down to zero points. Definitely 1 or 2 points anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

That’s ridiculous. 

Yup. The more we all look into Qatar the more obvious the whole thing looks a pile of utter shite 😠

Would still try to get to one game though, but it would be an in-and-out job, which isn’t what the WC is about at all. 

I’ve got a former colleague who left our place to go work for ATC in Doha 5 years ago.

He’s told me he can get tickets for me no problem as he’s resident there, I  can also stay in his apartment for free as he gets the accommodation as part of his contract but it’s empty as he always stays with his bird out there. 

Don’t know if I’m just getting old but despite the above I’ve got no desire to travel there whatsoever. 

3 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

I’ve got a former colleague who left our place to go work for ATC in Doha 5 years ago.

He’s told me he can get tickets for me no problem as he’s resident there, I  can also stay in his apartment for free as he gets the accommodation as part of his contract but it’s empty as he always stays with his bird out there. 

Don’t know if I’m just getting old but despite the above I’ve got no desire to travel there whatsoever. 

Tell him I’ll be his pal ;)

4 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

That’s good that as a fellow buddie I can take your place Jim. ☺️

Sadly, this is a World Cup in name only. Devoid of the atmosphere and passion that footballing mad countries bring. Devoid of proper ticket allocations to proper fans. And that is before we get onto the humanitarian side of things. Obviously, would love Scotland to get there but World Cups of old it ain't going to be.

9 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Yup. The more we all look into Qatar the more obvious the whole thing looks a pile of utter shite 😠

Would still try to get to one game though, but it would be an in-and-out job, which isn’t what the WC is about at all. 

Thats my view.

Try and make a game. No interest in paying crazy money for a week +.

Has anyone looked at accommodation, I had a look at the last week in November on Booking.com, just to see what's available, and there wasn't a single room in the entire country. Literally nothing, not even a 5 star room at £1000 a night.

The people who decided to give it to Qatar, their bungs must have been good, because there's absolutely no way that this should decision should ever have been made.

The only country in the Middle East that should even be considered for the World Cup would be Turkey, certainly not a wee petro-state with zero of the requirements to host it.

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Has anyone looked at accommodation, I had a look at the last week in November on Booking.com, just to see what's available, and there wasn't a single room in the entire country. Literally nothing, not even a 5 star room at £1000 a night.

The people who decided to give it to Qatar, their bungs must have been good, because there's absolutely no way that this should decision should ever have been made.

The only country in the Middle East that should even be considered for the World Cup would be Turkey, certainly not a wee petro-state with zero of the requirements to host it.

Don’t think you can book accommodation until you have secured your match ticket. They are somehow linked, tickets/accommodation. More nonsense. 

No sure how that works for a non-fitba fan who just fancies a week in Qatar in December right enough 🤨

3 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Don’t think you can book accommodation until you have secured your match ticket. They are somehow linked, tickets/accommodation. More nonsense. 

No sure how that works for a non-fitba fan who just fancies a week in Qatar in December right enough 🤨

Just another farce, although you can see the reasoning behind it.

Im going to guess that this means the hotel providers will absolutely rip the pish with the prices then. Might need a bank loan just see group stage games, its looking less attractive every day.

12 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Just another farce, although you can see the reasoning behind it.

Im going to guess that this means the hotel providers will absolutely rip the pish with the prices then. Might need a bank loan just see group stage games, its looking less attractive every day.

There was something in the media yesterday about portakabins as make shift hotels for £163 a night 🙈

I’ve dipped in and out of the whole trip/process as there’s no point actually looking into it all seriously until we actually qualify. 
A girl I’m pally with who stays in Qatar shared this on her Instagram yesterday - basically the Middle Eastern airways promoting their shuttle services from neighbouring countries, obviously making the most of the lack of rooms in Qatar….

148A36F1-A5C1-41B1-AD89-96787D99B407.jpeg

Edited by McTeeko

Seen stuff like this as well, sounds like a shit experience IMO.

https://www.egyptindependent.com/one-day-flight-protocol-signed-to-allow-gcc-football-fans-to-attend-world-cup-matches/

4 or 5 hour airport/flight/immigration/transfer time, then a game of fitba, then the same again on the way back, sounds like a great time to be had. 

Anyway, Ukraine and Wales firstly...

Some of the accommodation in Qatar isn't that much of a rip off. Official accommodation website shows 2 person apartments for $185/night. 

I've just been awarded tickets in the ballot for our games vs Iran and USA (if we get there) but was unsuccessful for the England game. 

So I'd probably be looking for accommodation for 6 nights. It'll be a fortune but given the fact I've never had the chance to see us at a WC, I'll just have to pay it. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Some of the accommodation in Qatar isn't that much of a rip off. Official accommodation website shows 2 person apartments for $185/night. 

I've just been awarded tickets in the ballot for our games vs Iran and USA (if we get there) but was unsuccessful for the England game. 

So I'd probably be looking for accommodation for 6 nights. It'll be a fortune but given the fact I've never had the chance to see us at a WC, I'll just have to pay it. 

Well if you’re struggling to get rid of those tickets and need a paying friend.

I’ll be right here haha.

Congratulations by the way.