Zander - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Zander

Capital Saint

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, thelonehutch said:

Think some people are being a bit harsh on Marshall here. Obviously if he is 3rd choice at Derby he won't be playing but he's been a great servant for Scotland and I don't think he's quite done yet.

He's not done yet but he needs a new club. Somewhere like Aberdeen would be good for him.

26 minutes ago, thelonehutch said:

Think some people are being a bit harsh on Marshall here. Obviously if he is 3rd choice at Derby he won't be playing but he's been a great servant for Scotland and I don't think he's quite done yet.

He's 3rd choice at a struggling team, we shouldn't be calling up a keeper like that. His form for scotland is also poor, thats not harsh - Thats reality

None of our goalies are playing at a high level.  I would have Gordon as number 1, McLaughlin 2 and Marshall 3 but only if he can find a decent club where he gets a start.  Zander Clark is knocking on the door, but would prefer to see what he could do at a big club.  The rest have proved their ability at a higher level.

19 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

None of our goalies are playing at a high level.  I would have Gordon as number 1, McLaughlin 2 and Marshall 3 but only if he can find a decent club where he gets a start.  Zander Clark is knocking on the door, but would prefer to see what he could do at a big club.  The rest have proved their ability at a higher level.

I don't get your logic here....... Clark just won the cup double and is playing in Europe this season. Marshall is off form and has always been average, now he's not even making the bench at a shite basket case club

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't get your logic here....... Clark just won the cup double and is playing in Europe this season. Marshall is off form and has always been average, now he's not even making the bench at a shite basket case club

Bit unfair on Marshall, he was a good keeper 8 years ago but your right, pretty much bang average(if that) over the last few years

Got to like Gordon for the way he moved from Celtic to find first team football and his current form and vast experience must make him first choice.

Clark is still learning and fast by the looks of things and being at a smaller club is hardly going to stop that.

If anyone can explain Mclaughlins career please do. Appears to let no team down but moves on or gets released every second year but he still looks good enough to play at a reasonable level.

Only really Liam Kelly other than those three and at least he is the younger  if nothing else.

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I think as the man in possession, Marshall should stay included but only if he starts at a decent level.  If not, he is out.  
clark is playing well and yes just started in uefa cup.  Gordon is the best and most experienced in the squad,

Marshall had an outstanding season in the Premiership with Cardiff. They were losing and conceding loads of goals nearly every week and they were still raving about Marshall on MOTD every week. He should have been in the Premiership team of the year but they took the safe option and gave it to whoever had been in goal for the league winners (Czech I think). I was always amazed that no prem team took him on when Cardiff got relegated, even if it was just as back up. Admittedly, this was a few years ago but I’m not having it that he was always average.

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Couple of bad goals lost tonight. Happy to have him in the squad but not our number 1 yet IMO.

I think he is borderline squad to be honest. Only if Marshall fails to secure decent level football. We are very short on goalkeepers.  Only mcgregor and Gordon are really top class goalies in my view.

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Aye, he’s not very good.  We have a looming goalie crisis with no international class goalies on the horizon having had two in mcgregor and Gordon. It’s plain to see, no goalies, no centre half’s, no centre forwards.

Two central defenders who are captains of EPL clubs. In case you hadn't noticed. 

4 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Aye, he’s not very good.  We have a looming goalie crisis with no international class goalies on the horizon having had two in mcgregor and Gordon. It’s plain to see, no goalies, no centre half’s, no centre forwards.

We’re not bad for centre halves now really.

Hopefully McCrorie gets a move and progresses a bit. 

8 hours ago, Malcolm said:

That will be two centre halfs that leaked 8 goals between them today.  The reality is they are not international level defenders

They are international level. They were playing against two of the biggest and best sides in world football. There will be better centre halves who will leak just as much goals.