Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 277 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, csinclair said:

Goal for Nisbet. His first for Millwall I think?

His first for them in a competitive game, aye.

5 minutes ago, dan cake said:

That would have to be 2 more times he’d have touched the ball than in this game, 0-3 hammers

It was only 2-0 before he came off, so hell mend them.

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

That would have to be 2 more times he’d have touched the ball than in this game, 0-3 hammers

Did you watch the game? Gilmour had a more than decent game and his passing accuracy once again was incredible. 

13 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Freak result, very rare for a team that sees so little of the ball and passes it so badly scores 3 goals. 

Exactly, looking at the stats without knowing the score, you'd never even consider West Ham as winners, never mind 3-1 winners!  The beauty of football though, can't be many sports where the least dominant team comes out winners.

Edited by todd

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Interesting to see Ryan Hardie has scored 3 in 5 so far this season. Never really seen as an option but if he bangs in goals at championship level then he might get considered eventually.

Interesting year in the Championship Hardie and Adams started well, Nisbet got a goal yesterday, Dykes, Mcburnie, Stewart, Conway and Gallagher to come back

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

McBurnie is in the EPL, that should be interesting. 

Sheffield United about to shell out millions on a new striker - says it all.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sheffield-united-striker-cameron-archer-27602908

Edited by Caledonian Craig

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Couple of goals and an assist for Gauld this morning in the states

Really wish he had tried his hand in a top league rather than move to Canada. 

Aye.10️, 8 Assists & 7 MOTM Awards in his last 14 Games in all competitions. Messi and mini Messi ripping up the MLS! https://x.com/whitecapsfc/status/1695689070503141398?s=48&t=ojmEXS1hX53ejHCePh7cDQ  

My reservations about Gauld is if he is so good why did he stink the place out on his time at Hibs. okay maybe a bit strong but he did not excel. We keep getting force-fed comments about how shite a standard the SPL is yet he looked not good enough for it.

Incidentally, I did hold very high hopes for him when he moved to Spain but its been a long, slow downward spiral in terms of expectation levels as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

18 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Aye.10️, 8 Assists & 7 MOTM Awards in his last 14 Games in all competitions. Messi and mini Messi ripping up the MLS! https://x.com/whitecapsfc/status/1695689070503141398?s=48&t=ojmEXS1hX53ejHCePh7cDQ  

He definitely deserves a place in the next squad imo. He won't be in the mls much longer if he keeps this up. Must be some clubs in europe interested in him.

13 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

My reservations about Gauld is if he is so good why did he stink the place out on his time at Hibs. okay maybe a bit strong but he did not excel. We keep getting force-fed comments about how shite a standard the SPL is yet he looked not good enough for it.

Incidentally, I did hold very high hopes for him when he moved to Spain but its been a long, slow downward spiral in terms of expectation levels as far as I am concerned.

Injured or certainly not fully fit at Hibs….-and it was Portugal. He’s clearly too good for the team he’s currently playing at but I guess +£2m a year would suggest no reason to leave. 

9 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Injured or certainly not fully fit at Hibs….-and it was Portugal. He’s clearly too good for the team he’s currently playing at but I guess +£2m a year would suggest no reason to leave. 

I know he only played five games at Hibs but still I know Hibs fans told me they were not impressed. Now considering how we are told ad nauseum how crap the SPL is do you not find it odd that he never shone? I certainly do.

And why is he languishing in Canada now if he is mini-Messi or a player rated highly?

23 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Is he actually eligible for Canada yet or will he be? I've lost track of that particular issue.

9 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I know he only played five games at Hibs but still I know Hibs fans told me they were not impressed. Now considering how we are told ad nauseum how crap the SPL is do you not find it odd that he never shone? I certainly do.

And why is he languishing in Canada now if he is mini-Messi or a player rated highly?

He’s in Canada because Vancouver took a punt and offered him a £2,000,000 a year contract. 

Still not good enough for the SPFL though.