Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 55 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

Please don't think all of us Irish are like Helen Donegan with her political shite in every post.We couldn't give a shite about that.

The real Boys in Green (7,000 of us strong) can't wait to share a good few beers with you all win lose or draw

Now is this in your humble opinion or do you consider yourself in the position to speak for 7.000 Irish men and women???????????????

The only time I mention anything political is in reply to someone I disagree with strongly and I believe to be talking rubbish.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what they should have done, was completely rodded of the home fans(because feasibly this is a game where the home end should sell out easily) just to make the Irish happy?

You should always look after the home fans first, always.

Recently Hearts announced they were cutting Rangers allocation at Tynecastle because they wanted more home fans in the stadium. Instead going by your logic they should have bent over, let Rangers shag them and give them half the stadium.

You are missing the point completely. Fact is the SFA are struggling to sell the tickets so are happy to sell home end tickets to away fans.

This could and should have been avoided by giving a bigger allocation to the irish.

So what they should have done, was completely rodded of the home fans(because feasibly this is a game where the home end should sell out easily) just to make the Irish happy?

You should always look after the home fans first, always.

Recently Hearts announced they were cutting Rangers allocation at Tynecastle because they wanted more home fans in the stadium. Instead going by your logic they should have bent over, let Rangers shag them and give them half the stadium.

spot on

many on here are advocating the irish should haver been given more tickets in the hope the irish reciprocate for the away fix so they have more chance of a ticket

There was an agreement in place between the Germans, Poles, Irish and Scots to give up to 10% of tickets for visiting supporters,

The SFA reneged on this agreement.

The source for this is the same as the Germany games were in Gelsenkirchen and Dortmund and widely posted on YBIG within days of the draw.

The FAI will still give the SFA 10% of the ground as they know like us, you will get tickets anyway and its preferable to have you all together. (You will still probably have loads in the home end, as I would guess you will bring 10,000 + at least.

There was an agreement in place between the Germans, Poles, Irish and Scots to give up to 10% of tickets for visiting supporters,

The SFA reneged on this agreement.

The source for this is the same as the Germany games were in Gelsenkirchen and Dortmund and widely posted on YBIG within days of the draw.

The FAI will still give the SFA 10% of the ground as they know like us, you will get tickets anyway and its preferable to have you all together. (You will still probably have loads in the home end, as I would guess you will bring 10,000 + at least.

We got nowhere near 10% in Poland and didn't in Gemrnay, although we got more than Ireland did. THink we got 4900 offiically, with about double that over there.

You are missing the point completely. Fact is the SFA are struggling to sell the tickets so are happy to sell home end tickets to away fans.

This could and should have been avoided by giving a bigger allocation to the irish.

Exactly! If they could justify the allocation by the home ticket sales that would be superb - but at the moment they cannot. They are still selling tickets and there will be thousands of irish fans in the home end.

Makes no sense. And it is not pandering to the Irish 'in the hope of getting more tickets' or 'bending over and getting shafted' - ludicrious statements.

The SFA are hopeless and clueless, and to suggest otherwise is mental!

And beforehand would you have guessed we would have been struggling so much to sell them? Everything before this pointed to us having a big support at this game, Scotland fans just haven't been buying tickets.

If any home fans had missed this game because we gave a needlessly large allocation to the Irish that would be a proper injustice.

The FAI have been a bigger shambles with there total lack of loyalty system. Thats not the SFA's fault.

And beforehand would you have guessed we would have been struggling so much to sell them? Everything before this pointed to us having a big support at this game, Scotland fans just haven't been buying tickets.

If any home fans had missed this game because we gave a needlessly large allocation to the Irish that would be a proper injustice.

The FAI have been a bigger shambles with there total lack of loyalty system. Thats not the SFA's fault.

Heres a thing. We (the SFA) have known about this game for donkeys. Why did the sales not open say last May, and allow SSC members to reserve/pay for their tickets, then open it up to SSC members where each member can buy 5 tickets each on a first come first served basis? Any additional tickets will be added to the one or group that members have previously purchased.

Simultaneously give the FAI their 10%, while at the same time keeping the adjacent blocks out of the SSC sale for Scotland fans.

Then say in September/October when the SFA and the FAI know how many they have actually sold we can sell the odds and sods left in the home end to a Scottish public sale and either open the adjacent blocks to the away end to home fans, or if there is no demand offer them up to the FAI.

Is that too difficult in this day and age of Internet sales, customer databases, friends and families lists, etc?

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

We got nowhere near 10% in Poland and didn't in Gemrnay, although we got more than Ireland did. THink we got 4900 offiically, with about double that over there.

We got what we asked for in Germany. Everybody that applied got a ticket in the away end. We have given Germany 10%+ on their recent visits to Dublin and got 10% for Stuttgart in 06 and what we asked for in Cologne last year. I'm guessing we will give the Germans and Poland a minimum of 10% and probably yourselves as well.

It surely makes sense to give more to the away fans when you struggle to sell to your own fans.

If you didn't agree to give 10% you may not have got or asked for 10%.

I would have preferred Pittodrie to Parkhead.

Also you did keep back tickets beside the away end. My understanding is those blocks were not sold initially. However the reports that Gordon Strachan only wanted the minimum 5% given to away fans are probably true and explain the SFA's decision. You can't really over ride your manager - damned if you do and damned now when you don't. I suspect he may have been asked again and still said No and then those blocks were sold.

Everything pointed to us having a big support at this game????????????

NOT AT THESE PRICES SORRY.

Everything before this pointed to us having a big support at this game,.

Aye right.

Uproar around the prices

Season ticket sales being significantly down on last campaign.

The last home game (and on a Saturday) being only two thirds full

Everything pointed to this game not selling out. SFA should have known this and they should have known the Irish would bring at least 5,000 fans and given them enough segregated space in the stadium.

These days SFA struggle to get the basics right.

Aye right.

Uproar around the prices

Everything pointed to this game not selling out. SFA should have known this and they should have known the Irish would bring at least 5,000 fans and given them enough segregated space in the stadium.

I agree! This is exactly what I have been saying in my previous posts. How can we defend the clearly indefensible?!

Everything pointed to us having a big support at this game????????????

NOT AT THESE PRICES SORRY.

Aye right.

Uproar around the prices

I agree! This is exactly what I have been saying in my previous posts. How can we defend the clearly indefensible?!

Annnnnnd the games a sell out.

As mentioned previously, It was fairly obvious there was going to be a big demand for this game, I'll accept your apologies.

Annnnnnd the games a sell out.

As mentioned previously, It was fairly obvious there was going to be a big demand for this game, I'll accept your apologies.

It has only sold out because of the several thousand Ireland fans buying home end tickets. They could have all got tickets in a section together. Edited by Jagtag

It has only sold out because of the several thousand Ireland fans buying home end tickets. They could have all got tickets in a section together.

EXACTLY! It seems reasonable to assume that AT LEAST 5,000 (conservative estimate) Ireland fans will be in the home end. If they were unable to snap these briefs up, then under current alloction the game would not be a sell-out!

8,000 tickets or so to Ireland and the game would be a sellout, with the same number of home and away fans, and properly segregated!

SFA have been attrocious in their handling of all this.