Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 52 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt it mate, I've just never seen them.

Certainly it's never been on anywhere near the same scale as this one.

a few Belgium fans also - but never any team in any significant numbers in my lifetime (been going to home games since about 1975)

Can't complain though as I have and would do the same and I don't see any trouble anyway.

Are we overlooking the following Tuesday though?

I've never seen away fans in with us I must admit so it's hard to say one way or the other.

I mind some England fans in the front of the old North Enclosure at Hampden (1985 I think), I was well clear, but a few teeth & a splattering of the red stuff was flying about :lol:

a few Belgium fans also - but never any team in any significant numbers in my lifetime (been going to home games since about 1975)

Can't complain though as I have and would do the same and I don't see any trouble anyway.

Are we overlooking the following Tuesday though?

Me either

and na the following Tuesday won;t be a problem. Any England fan that wants one for their own end will get one imo

I had a German flatmate when we played them in 2002 or 2003. The 1-1 draw at Hampden. His friend came over for the game and they got tickets for the home end. When Germany scored they jumped up and were called Nazi b@stards, shouted at etc and thrown out of the stadium.

So not everyone is accomadating to away fans in the home end.

I had a German flatmate when we played them in 2002 or 2003. The 1-1 draw at Hampden. His friend came over for the game and they got tickets for the home end. When Germany scored they jumped up and were called Nazi b@stards, shouted at etc and thrown out of the stadium.

So not everyone is accomadating to away fans in the home end.

Yeah, I had a few French mates with me in the 1-0 game at Hampden. Fortunately, we won and they sat on their hands all game, but there were quite a few abusive comments aimed at them during the game.

The concept of away fans in the home sections at Scotland games is pretty much untried and untested here, but I think it's utterly niave to think that every Scotland fan greets the few away fans that have done it with a big cuddle and a handshake.

If Irish fans in the home sections next weekend think there's going to be some kind of big c(hard c)eltic love-in because we're all 'brothers across the water', I think a few might be in for a shock.

It's cause the rugby is full o' no voting Tory loving Barbour wearing kqunts.

I think that sums it up perfectly.

I'm going to the Ireland game on Friday and then to the rugby on Saturday v New Zealand.

So are we effectively saying football fans are scvmbags and can't be trusted with a drink, but rugby fans are OK?

I'm both, so how does that work?

J

I'm going to the Ireland game on Friday and then to the rugby on Saturday v New Zealand.

So are we effectively saying football fans are scvmbags and can't be trusted with a drink, but rugby fans are OK?

I'm both, so how does that work?

J

I'm a rugby fan as well.

Fact is, football is a tribal sport where rugby isn't. I'm sure that both of us behave in differently at the rugby than we do at the football.

(I tend to boo more at the rugby :-)

You must have missed them then mate, on my phone, will get them for you later if you wish.

Edit: look at greenforever's post a couple of days ago, there are others also.

Anyway it looks like the SFA have warned us not to enter the home section in colours, should be interesting!

Is this true?Have they made a statement.

And the lack of neds would be why the TA away are a much classier outfit than the TA at home. On that note is it a concern the Orange ned element will be out to embarrass the support at Hamden?

I wondered when we played Northern Ireland back in 2008 at Hampden, if their kind would show up for an Orange love in but (purely from what I saw) they stayed away or kept quiet.

I don't think there will be any trouble as it happens.

I wondered when we played Northern Ireland back in 2008 at Hampden, if their kind would show up for an Orange love in but (purely from what I saw) they stayed away or kept quiet.

I don't think there will be any trouble as it happens.

Me neither and you'd think after 87 pages I'd remember it was at Parkhead as well.

Me neither and you'd think after 87 pages I'd remember it was at Parkhead as well.

Sorry to be pedantic but once after I referred to the stadium as 'Parkhead' I was told it was obvious that I was not a Celtic fan as it is actually 'Celtic Park!' I was well and truly telt and have never forgotten that!

I see on this short thread some Irish referring to their national stadium as 'Lansdowne' rather than the 'Aviva!' Liam (my new found friend) is there a story to this?