The news thread - Page 206 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

He was an excellent guitarist, way ahead of his time. I loved that big, echo-y sound he created. Cool looking fella too. RIP.

I was 17 when Love Like Blood came out and i can remember where i was when i heard it and saw the video it was that different and good

That's when you realised the early 80s had been hijacked by shite engineered music in the main

Was bad enough that The Smiths never made it high up the charts but Killing Joke only reached number 16 when it should clearly have been number 1 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

He's not just been arrested, he's been charged so the police believe a law has been broken. 

He's due to appear un court in January. 

EDIT - he's been charged with failing to complain with a direction to disperse

I watched the video. He wad asked to move on because the organisers didn't want him their. He then starts shouting like a little spoiled child about freedom of speech and him being a journalist. Most people would move on, he didn't. He wanted a show and he wanted the show to be about him not about the march.

The only people who will think he's a victim are morons

Yeh he wanted attention and the police helped him get it and have now given him a opportunity to rinse his followers of more money and have given his supporters a legitimate gripe to complain about.

What law did he break. Was there actually a restraining order against him attending that march?

51 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh he wanted attention and the police helped him get it and have now given him a opportunity to rinse his followers of more money and have given his supporters a legitimate gripe to complain about.

What law did he break. Was there actually a restraining order against him attending that march?

someone has already posted the detail after my post

18 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

All I would say on the Tommy Robinson situation is that If this was for example , Abu Hamza al Masri,  would folk be supporting his rights so vocally? 

Tommy the journalist Robinson would be making youtube videos about how Hamza was attacking British values

41 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

All I would say on the Tommy Robinson situation is that If this was for example , Abu Hamza al Masri,  would folk be supporting his rights so vocally? 

I would. I believe in free speech no matter how daft or hateful it is.

Does that guy get arrested much anyways? I thought one of the far rights main gripes was that hate preachers like him get away with spouting bile.

24 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Does that guy get arrested much anyways? I thought one of the far rights main gripes was that hate preachers like him get away with spouting bile.

Given that he’s serving life in a US penitentiary, not so much. 

39 minutes ago, aaid said:

Given that he’s serving life in a US penitentiary, not so much. 

😂

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Free speech is fundamental but a line needs to be drawn when it incites hatred that has consequences. We are no talking about name calling and pulling pigtails.

It doesn’t take much to stir up trouble in certain places, and Tommy Robinson certainly seems to thrive on it. 

20 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂

Free speech is fundamental but a line needs to be drawn when it incites hatred that has consequences. We are no talking about name calling and pulling pigtails.

It doesn’t take much to stir up trouble in certain places, and Tommy Robinson certainly seems to thrive on it. 

You either have free speech or you dont. Theres no in-between imo.

Who decides where the line is drawn?

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Total free speech is a myth. It doesn't exist

Patrick Harvie on the looney left bandwagon again with plans to fine home owners and deny them mortgages or insurance if they dont install heat pumps by 2033.

if he wants to stump up the £100k or so it will take to insulate my house to make that effective he is welcome to transfer the money.  Back in the real world I will stick with my 1974 highly inefficient gas boiler thanks.

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I was 17 when Love Like Blood came out and i can remember where i was when i heard it and saw the video it was that different and good

That's when you realised the early 80s had been hijacked by shite engineered music in the main

Was bad enough that The Smiths never made it high up the charts but Killing Joke only reached number 16 when it should clearly have been number 1 

Funnily enough I walked past the bar where this was on last Thursday, it looked a very weird set up.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/killing-joke-jaz-coleman-supper-club

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Then thats not free speech. I would say America arguably has free speech. 

Which is what I said above. Free speech in the context that you can say whatever you want doesn't exist in the UK

Good for the yanks if they have absolute free speech

14 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Patrick Harvie on the looney left bandwagon again with plans to fine home owners and deny them mortgages or insurance if they dont install heat pumps by 2033.

if he wants to stump up the £100k or so it will take to insulate my house to make that effective he is welcome to transfer the money.  Back in the real world I will stick with my 1974 highly inefficient gas boiler thanks.

Where did you see this?

All I can see is ambitious plans to have every home in Scotland at an EPC rating of C by 2033.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

When does your opinion or my opinion ever matter? we still like to give it on here on various topics anyway.

Why get testy now?

I'm not getting testy. I'm in a good mood today 😆 

48 minutes ago, aaid said:

Funnily enough I walked past the bar where this was on last Thursday, it looked a very weird set up.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/killing-joke-jaz-coleman-supper-club

Love like Blood was that good anything they did after that was always going to be shite and probably why he reinvented himself as an oddball 

Because in 1985 he was more like a Bob Hope in Emmerdale than a John Cooper Clarke copy 

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.db57c4d43e19cf171ed29590a5b24834.jpg

BX53J3-1.webp.0040d647c9747eb06128c2c004ae4b97.webp

tumblr_dc273dfa2662a4b9aba2d87e947914ec_df554d3c_1280.thumb.jpg.a7a1693ee7f2eb75ba5ff606e601f35f.jpg

Edited by Ally Bongo

38 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Then thats not free speech. I would say America arguably has free speech. 

Guns and free speech. What could possibly go wrong…

Seriously though there has to be a line. People cannot just go about whipping up anger and hatred . Laws  will dictate what can and cant be said in certain situations . MPs get chucked out or disciplined in Westminster for saying fairly benign things sometimes so it’s clearly no absolute free speech in the UK.