The news thread - Page 166 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whole life sentence with no Parole

Justified if she really did it

Biggest miscarriage if not

I doubt this will be the end of it as the Government are already shitting it about a statutory inquiry

33 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Whole life sentence with no Parole

Justified if she really did it

Biggest miscarriage if not

I doubt this will be the end of it as the Government are already shitting it about a statutory inquiry

I can't say I'm surprised by that sentence, given what she's been found guilty of. Her life will truly be hell on earth in prison (women convicted of harming children face a worse time in jail than even male prisoners convicted of the same thing).

Like others have said though, she appears to have been convicted on entirely circumstantial evidence. I don't really believe in coincidences - apparently the instances of babies dying or getting into difficulties plummeted when she was on other duties - but the evidence that's in the public domain does seem quite flimsy to convict someone of such an atrocious crime.

On 8/17/2023 at 6:25 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Did you not notice that the bit where June says to Derek "Ive seen the ads with Parky on TV" was cut a while back to remove "Parky" ?

Expanding on what i said earlier i always thought when Parkinson was being interviewed himself he was excellent but particularly in a lot of his interviews with the stars he came across as quite awkward

We in the UK had never heard of Dick Cavett however if you go on youtube and watch his interviews with the same stars it comes across more relaxed and friendly even whilst asking the same sensitive questions - they seem to open up to him more

Parky's interview with Helen Mirren (when she was an absolute ride) is a classic example 

She's really no that nice at all 😂

1 hour ago, ger intae them said:

I know there is an element of each to their own when you’re weighing up (waheyy!!) the merits of nectar burds……. but have to say that you defo need new specs.

in my opinion 

She's ok, but definitely wouldn't describe her as a ride by any means 😂 her eyes are weird as fuck

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

No straight man with all his faculties in place would say No to the 20-something Helen Mirren (unless he's one of those oddballs who lusts after big fatsos or something). 

100% correct sir.

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

NHS now saying 1 in 2 people will develop some form of cancer in their lifetime.

That's some jump from 1 in 3 from a couple of years ago. 

Anyone any theories about Wtf is going on? 

Change in conditions.

Live longer, overweight. Different diets now.

If I had to guess if you controlled for age factors that would eliminate a large proportion of the difference.

No point listening to me though i'm not a biostatistician.

2 hours ago, phart said:

Ah Norman Fenton and Scott Mclachan. I hadn't seen them since they were posting all sorts of stuff about covid and vaccines. Seems they found another bandwagon to get on, I wonder how HART is getting on.

I didn't know who either of them were so i googled them before i watched it to make sure they weren't conspiracy kooks and both their qualifications and fields are fairly impressive

On looking at Fenton's timeline he seems to have been majoring in Vaccine dangers and Covid numbers scepticism long before it became as mainstream as it is now

36 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I didn't know who either of them were so i googled them before i watched it to make sure they weren't conspiracy kooks and both their qualifications and fields are fairly impressive

On looking at Fenton's timeline he seems to have been majoring in Vaccine dangers and Covid numbers scepticism long before it became as mainstream as it is now

I dont know any of the people in any of these posts however much of the information is not too difficult to understand and  I am definitely not as confident of this verdict  as I was a few days ago. 

Granted I do not have details of an entire 10 months worth of trial and there will be things not reported to the media. You would however think that all the major reasons that led to the verdict  have been announced .

Each of these things have been challenged in recent days and tbh the challenges seem reasonable. Certainly reasonable enough to provide doubt if presented by the defence. Its strange that they didn’t use more information. On a charge like this you would expect them to be throwing the kitchen sink at it. 

You want to trust that has justice has been served but it would not surprise me in the least if there was an appeal . 

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

He was a member of Hart and signed that daft letter in 2021 as did the guy he is speaking to.

https://archive.ph/mo75l

This one.

I know him from spending a lot of time reading up on covid

Anyway he's moved from epidemiology onto criminology now. I could follow the maths I didn't follow the criminal case.

So I have no idea what's going on there , i'm just laughing cause the "contrarians" pop up taking the opposite view , i see he is talking about climate change being a psyops as well.

I'm glad you did your due dilligence though.

I'm away to get on with life before i get killed by George Soros.

20 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Each of these things have been challenged in recent days and tbh the challenges seem reasonable. Certainly reasonable enough to provide doubt if presented by the defence. Its strange that they didn’t use more information. On a charge like this you would expect them to be throwing the kitchen sink at it. 

You want to trust that has justice has been served but it would not surprise me in the least if there was an appeal . 

This is something that is bothering me & McLachlan goes into it a bit near the end suggesting that the defence KC had his "hands tied"

I have no idea what that means - whether it is incompetence or whether he thought she was guilty 

The defence summing up was very good which makes it all the more surprising they didnt produce more expert witnesses to back it up

Her friends and family not being called to testify is another strange one

Was listening to the media show on Radio 4 with Ros Atkins with the perspective of 3 journalists who covered the case

Cheshire Police were asked if anyone would come on the show - nobody was available they said

What they (Cheshire Police) have done though is issued a documentary of their own on "Operation Hummingbird" lasting nearly an hour

By doing this they avoid anyone asking questions on the investigation and scrutinising them

There's another big red flag for you