World Cup 2030 - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Cup 2030

Diamond Scot

I'm pretty sure that the South American games, will have south American teams playing there ,and a diddy from the Carribbean or mibee Australia..

Guaranteed The group will not be England, Switzerland Qatar and Egypt or anything similar 

More like Brazil, Peru, Japan or another team from the Pacific Trinidad and Tobago 

The draw will be complicated but no doubt if there is a way for a European team to be based in South America, then that will be us, if we qualify 

38 minutes ago, stocky said:

I'm pretty sure that the South American games, will have south American teams playing there ,and a diddy from the Carribbean or mibee Australia..

Guaranteed The group will not be England, Switzerland Qatar and Egypt or anything similar 

More like Brazil, Peru, Japan or another team from the Pacific Trinidad and Tobago 

The draw will be complicated but no doubt if there is a way for a European team to be based in South America, then that will be us, if we qualify 

Will there not be a team from Europe in every group?

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Will there not be a team from Europe in every group?

Why? 

I don't know.🤔

Mibee..🤔

48 teams 12 groups of 4 ? 

14? European teams qualify 

I have no idea. .

1 hour ago, stocky said:

The opening 3 games will be in Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay so they will be home team each time. Presumably they will be in three different groups, although it might make sense to put Paraguay in Argentina or Uruguay's group to cut down the travelling.

47 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

The opening 3 games will be in Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay so they will be home team each time. Presumably they will be in three different groups, although it might make sense to put Paraguay in Argentina or Uruguay's group to cut down the travelling.

So you are saying possible 3 groups will be in South America🤔

12 teams 

How many south American teams qualify.. 

5🤔

Man I'm getting a sair heid thinking about this..

6 minutes ago, stocky said:

So you are saying possible 3 groups will be in South America🤔

12 teams 

How many south American teams qualify.. 

5🤔

Man I'm getting a sair heid thinking about this..

Only 1 game from each group though.

The tournament is being extended to 6 weeks in length. The opening 3 games in South America will be played on the first weekend in June. There will then be a gap until the following weekend when the rest of the tournament starts in Iberia/Morocco.

23 hours ago, ProudScot said:

If we qualify for a world cup i couldn’t give a fuck if we were based on the moon, in Ukraine or the Gaza Strip I’d be delighted just to be at the World Cup 

A lot of expense required to travel to South America for one game, I do give a fuck if thats ok. 

6 hours ago, dan cake said:

A lot of expense required to travel to South America for one game, I do give a fuck if thats ok. 

If we can do enough to achieve a top seeding we'd be guaranteed not to play in South America.

Obviously that's unlikely, but I still estimate for the rest of the teams it's around an 11-1 chance that you'll have to travel there. Coupled to our odds of actually qualifying in the first place, then it's a fairly long shot that we'd be affected.