Pop Master Radio 2 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pop Master Radio 2

• 5 months later...

A guy just got ZERO on Popmaster, possibly the first time that's happened. 

Usually if you're drawing a blank Ken gives you the last answer so at least you get three points, but the other fella only got three so he couldn't.

Pop disaster!

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

A guy just got ZERO on Popmaster, possibly the first time that's happened. 

Usually if you're drawing a blank Ken gives you the last answer so at least you get three points, but the other fella only got three so he couldn't.

Pop disaster!

Were their names Dykes and Adams by any chance...... 

Edited by stocky

• 4 months later...

Anybody listen this morning? Guy from Manchester ripping the pish out of Scott mills, when he asked the guy his profession "I make chess pieces for a living, this week I'm on knights". Mills praised him for staying up so long to play pop master 😄

• 1 year later...

I did give it a go, but only briefly.   The format didn't work for me at all.   Maybe I was just not into Pop.

It has been a while, and the radio version fun was in being part of a team on (extended) tea break at work.   I've given that up sadly 😄

At the very least, we needed A Young One, Disco Steve, A Hippy and Captain 80s for us to win.   Not many hard rock & metal questions came up you see, and even then I was old and slow.   (Come to think of it Ken's 50s questions were better for me 🥺 )

My current favourite quiz is House of Games (repeats... as I'm slow on new stuff), but not Broken Karaoke!    Better on Where is Kazakhstan!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2023 at 12:40 PM, scottincarlisle said:

I watched the first episode of catch up but it did seem to drag on a bit.

I'll stick to the GH Radio version for now. 

Yes watched it a few times, found it much harder than the radio quiz.

Agree that it dragged a bit.

10 hours ago, robbo cop said:

Yes watched it a few times, found it much harder than the radio quiz.

Agree that it dragged a bit.

Agreed.  I think they could do with trimming it down to 3 contestants and tweaking the format a bit.  The hour seems at least 20 minutes too long as it currently is.