No Highlights Of Game On Tv - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

No Highlights Of Game On Tv

giblet

Cos its the Feckin BBC who couldn't give the Ars of a rat about Scotland.

No doubt they'll plead poverty so what the Feck do our TV licencences actually pay for? Apolologies and respect to those of us who have already cancelled ours.

A joke of a national broadcaster along with their fellow bedfellows at STV.

TV rights nothing to do with the SFA, all controlled by UEFA now. Sold as a a champions league type package. Which was bought by Sky and ITV. BBC didn't bother their arse.

Why are ITV all over England , live matches plus highlights, a package with the main focus on England - and nothing close to approaching that on STV/Grampian?

Itv bought all the rights to the England games from UEFA, as they could afford to having lost champions league from next year. Would have to ask STV why they choose to show England games because as far as I remember that'll cost them money. Would have thought STV could have got some kind of highlights deal.

Itv bought all the rights to the England games from UEFA, as they could afford to having lost champions league from next year. Would have to ask STV why they choose to show England games because as far as I remember that'll cost them money. Would have thought STV could have got some kind of highlights deal.

Dear SFA Marketing Team,

Please stop d1cking around with all yer social media pash, getting yourselves a taxi over to Pacific Quay, sit down with STV and work out how to get a highlights show together.

That'll be #abetteruseofyourtime.

Ha ha, trust me I'm not SFA. Go google it. SFA had no input into tv rights this time, all part of this week of football nonsense from UEFA

You're missing my point. It's in the SFA's best interests to have a highlights show. ITV have the rights and yet STV, an ITV franchise, have no platform to show even half hour highlights.

You might think SFA can do nothing about this, I respectfully disagree.

Totally agree its in the SFA best interests, but what can they do? They cant sell a highlights package that isnt theirs to sell. Its STV that need to get their fingers out. STV will be the ones paying ITV money to show England games, like they have to do to show things like Corrie and Emmerdale.

Totally agree its in the SFA best interests, but what can they do? They cant sell a highlights package that isnt theirs to sell. Its STV that need to get their fingers out. STV will be the ones paying ITV money to show England games, like they have to do to show things like Corrie and Emmerdale.

Stop making excuses for the SFA, unless you know they've cajoled, persuaded, flattered, lobbied and negotiated with STV to ensure they buy the footage from ITV and helping them get the most out of that investment.

It's what a competent Marketing and Communications Department would do.