Bank Account Emptied - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bank Account Emptied

Checked my bank account yesterday and almost £1000 had been emptied from it. Bank of Scotland were fantastic and a 15 minute phone call had the money back in my account. They didn't even ask me if I was sure I hadn't spent it.

Is this kind of thing widespread? I'm guessing it is, given the bank's response.

My wife is going through this just now, the phantom moved two weird amounts in the last week........to another of my wife's accounts. Unreal, bank explained that sometimes they do this to gather if you notice.

Having then told various women in her work, it appears this is a regular occurrence, but mostly money leaving their account to go to someone else's.

My wife is going through this just now, the phantom moved two weird amounts in the last week........to another of my wife's accounts. Unreal, bank explained that sometimes they do this to gather if you notice.

Having then told various women in her work, it appears this is a regular occurrence, but mostly money leaving their account to go to someone else's.

That's............interesting.

But, what if they do that and, in the meantime, you try to do a transaction that leaves you financially embarrassed?

I got my Lloyds account emptied on the 21st December two years ago and they were excellent. I was doing Christmas shopping at the time when I had an 'embarassing situation' but they had it sorted in 15 mins.

Last week I got a call from American Express to say I had fraudulent activity on my card so they have cancelled the card, reimbursed me and sent me a new card. The sceptic in me thinks that it's because I have not used it in a few months they are concerned that I have cut it up.

Last week I got a call from American Express to say I had fraudulent activity on my card so they have cancelled the card, reimbursed me and sent me a new card. The sceptic in me thinks that it's because I have not used it in a few months they are concerned that I have cut it up.

Didn't know they accepted AMEX in Bathgate!!

:wink2:

Will we see you in Warsaw?

Checked my bank account yesterday and almost £1000 had been emptied from it. Bank of Scotland were fantastic and a 15 minute phone call had the money back in my account. They didn't even ask me if I was sure I hadn't spent it.

Is this kind of thing widespread? I'm guessing it is, given the bank's response.

Where had it gone? Who moved it?

well my rbs account has just been emptied; but that's because I've moved my account away from them after 30 years due to their ridiculous stance on the referendum

Edited by dipped flake

Didn't know they accepted AMEX in Bathgate!!

:wink2:

Will we see you in Warsaw?

Bathgate, not sure that they even have touch pad AMEX, in Linlithgow that's how I pay for my frappuccino.

I stated off rather disappointed with the SSC and boycotting this campaign out of principle, but decided to take the trip up for the Ireland game at home. Not going to a single away game this time round after getting to 7 points. You over for Ireland?

Talking of banks, can anyone recommend an internationally renown offshore bank which has on-line facility for transfers, a global view of multiple accounts and as such?

Except HSBC that is...

Had it twice, first time was easy, second time I got some wee bank manager c@nt that thought he was f@cking poirot, sneering at me that 90% percent of fake transactions were family members.

Told him to get my f@cking money back or I'd be back with a lawyer and he scuttled off and paid it back straight away.

Just your luck I think.

Had some amount of bother with Santander with regards to a fraudulent transaction on my CC. There was £2,100 charged to the card in a flower shop, that should have had alarm bells ringing straight away.

Noticed it just before Christmas when my card was declined and reported it straight away. A lot of hassle including them not sending me paperwork to sign, giving me the wrong addresses to send complaints to, telling me I didn't need to do anything as it was in hand then threatening to take the money from my old dear's account (we have a joint one) if I didn't sign certain paperwork they had never issued.

I'm assuming that it is now in hand some 10 months later.

Santander's customer service is horrific. Now have a CC with HBOS and it's miles better, get a text whenever there are large transactions or increased activity.

Had some amount of bother with Santander with regards to a fraudulent transaction on my CC. There was £2,100 charged to the card in a flower shop, that should have had alarm bells ringing straight away.

Noticed it just before Christmas when my card was declined and reported it straight away. A lot of hassle including them not sending me paperwork to sign, giving me the wrong addresses to send complaints to, telling me I didn't need to do anything as it was in hand then threatening to take the money from my old dear's account (we have a joint one) if I didn't sign certain paperwork they had never issued.

I'm assuming that it is now in hand some 10 months later.

Santander's customer service is horrific. Now have a CC with HBOS and it's miles better, get a text whenever there are large transactions or increased activity.

Not good. Iv never had to deal with Santander customer service tbh