Tennis 2019 - Page 13 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2019

Hertsscot

Kyrgios beats Medvedev 3-1. 

It's hard to pick a winner in the men's draw this year. Nadal might be the obvious favourite but will his fitness hold? 

Big chance for Norrie or Kyrgios to pick up their first slam

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Murray in a 5 setter against Berrettini into he 1st round of the Aussie open.

Very entertaining match

Great win for Murray.  Saved a match point, and squandering a 2 set lead, to beat the 13th seed.  His first grand slam win against a top 20 seed for 6 years.

4 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Well played and great determination by Andy - he'll need a good recovery before his next game (Thursday I assume??)

No I think it is scheduled for Wednesday but that may change due to the tournament falling a little behind schedule due to todays heat and rain interruptions.

These sorts of wins are memorable for the drama, the guts, the determination, the excitement and the entertainment. It is what I think Andy carries on for. I do feel defeat in the next round is more likely than not due to the physical condition he will be in but at least it is a win that shows he still has it. Great stuff against a top notch opponent. 

I know it's unlikely that Murray can go deep in this tournament however his side of the draw has opened up unbelievably with Nadal, Rudd, Fritz and Zverev all going out early. Batista Agut, who he'd face next if he wins today, looked like he might be struggling too but just won in 5 sets.

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I know it's unlikely that Murray can go deep in this tournament however his side of the draw has opened up unbelievably with Nadal, Rudd, Fritz and Zverev all going out early. Batista Agut, who he'd face next if he wins today, looked like he might be struggling too but just won in 5 sets.

Nadal was in the other half of the draw to Murray but lets just take one match at a time. More interestingly Djokovic is really toiling against French qualifier Couacad who has levelled it up at one set all. With approaching two hours on the clock and Djokovic with movement questionable with a heavily strapped left thigh he will not want a marathon match and that is what he has now.