Unpopular Opinions - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Unpopular Opinions

On 3/2/2019 at 8:28 AM, ParisInAKilt said:

I don’t think that’s as unpopular as the media would like us to believe 

Maybe a few years ago, but these days I'm not so sure. This subject came up in discussion recently with work colleagues and a few other randoms on a work night out...My views were very much in the minority. A twenty year old something American woman was literally frothing at the mouth and telling me I'm 'Homophobic' and a 'Nazi' because I think transgender people are nuts and need psychiatric help, not sympathy...The fact she called me homophobic and a Nazi is probably down to the shite media she's watching.

1 hour ago, derekfaejapan said:

Maybe a few years ago, but these days I'm not so sure. This subject came up in discussion recently with work colleagues and a few other randoms on a work night out...My views were very much in the minority. A twenty year old something American woman was literally frothing at the mouth and telling me I'm 'Homophobic' and a 'Nazi' because I think transgender people are nuts and need psychiatric help, not sympathy...The fact she called me homophobic and a Nazi is probably down to the shite media she's watching.

How do you come to the conclusion they need Psychiatric help ?

Do you feel homosexuals need Psychiatric help too ?

From my basic understanding of chromosones, DNA and genes it doesnt take much of a divergence to make someone "straight" or "gay" and presumably it's the same with a man born in a woman's body and vice versa

Shit all to do with the brain

In all cases though there are obviously exceptions 

28 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Do you feel homosexuals need Psychiatric help too ?

No, I don't. This is the problem...People confuse transgender and homosexuality and somehow make them the same thing when it's completely different. It's now become that if you question trannies then you become a homophobe.

Edited by derekfaejapan

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It’s a complex issue.I don’t really care what adults do with their own bodies but allowing children to begin transitioning is just wrong. 

It's basically child abuse...But, if you disagree with it then it's you who has the problem for not understanding. This is how some of these mental leftwing extremists think.

1 minute ago, derekfaejapan said:

It's basically child abuse...But, if you disagree with it then it's you who has the problem for not understanding. This is how some of these mental leftwing extremists think.

Best ignored, any deviation from Trans activists views and you’re transphobic. 

13 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It’s a complex issue.I don’t really care what adults do with their own bodies but allowing children to begin transitioning is just wrong. 

It's complex thanks to the loonies...For me it isn't. There are only two genders.

2 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

It's complex thanks to the loonies...For me it isn't. There are only two genders.

I tend to agree biologically anyway, the sad thing is that there is people out there who struggle with their gender and all the troubles that come with it but it’s been highjacked by activists who wanna use this to control how people speak and think. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I tend to agree biologically anyway, the sad thing is that there is people out there who struggle with their gender and all the troubles that come with it but it’s been highjacked by activists who wanna use this to control how people speak and think. 

How can anyone struggle with their gender? You're either male or female...It's that simple.

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

There’s obviously people who do. I don’t think people are transitioning for a laugh or something to do. 

Do you think a 52 year old married man who has fathered 7 children and has transitioned' into a 6 year old girl needs understanding/acceptance from people like you or I? I think he needs psychiatric help.

I don't think people do it for a laugh either (in some cases).

16 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

How can anyone struggle with their gender? You're either male or female...It's that simple.

I really think you should do some basic research on this otherwise coming out with statements like that in public will lead to someone disagreeing angrily

From what we have learned in the the last 50 years it is not as simple as being born with a penis or vagina that 100% determines your "gender"

It will do on your birth certificate but that's not the whole story

You will agree that some men show feminine traits and some women show masculine traits whilst being "straight" ?

That being the case, and the way genes and chromosones etc work, it doesnt take much for those traits to go further when you are in the womb leading to a mix up of gender 

Edited by Ally Bongo

5 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

Do you think a 52 year old married man who has fathered 7 children and has transitioned' into a 6 year old girl needs understanding/acceptance from people like you or I? I think he needs psychiatric help.

I don't think people do it for a laugh either (in some cases).

This man is clearly the expectation and not the rule. Sadly his story trivialises the people who feel they’ve been born the wrong gender. 

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

This man is clearly the expectation and not the rule. Sadly his story trivialises the people who feel they’ve been born the wrong gender. 

He's clearly a man with mental health issues, that's for sure...BTW, I feel sorry for him, I didn't post that for a laugh.

6 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

Yes, it is.

The scientific community would disagree

If you dont believe me google is your friend

Do you have mental health issues for thinking you are a man Derek? 

biology is not black and white. This is how you get two fucking heads on one fucking body.

the chimera hypothesis on homosexuality is interesting and and I dare say trans is in there as well.

35 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

It's really not that simple at all. There is a whole spectrum of ways people regard themselves, and some people simply don't want to be - or see the need to be - pigeon-holed into categories defined by others. TAMB allows us not to specify a gender ☺️

I am talking in general here not specific cases. A particular individual may need help but in general people just want to live their lives free of preconceptions of other people telling them who they are.

But being (shall we say) trans-sceptic is probably not such a minority opinion.

Calling people homophobic or Nazi is wrong, and certainly not helpful.   

Edited by exile

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

The scientific community would disagree

If you dont believe me google is your friend

13 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I really think you should do some basic research on this otherwise coming out with statements like that in public will lead to someone disagreeing angrily

From what we have learned in the the last 50 years it is not as simple as being born with a penis or vagina that 100% determines your "gender"

It will do on your birth certificate but that's not the whole story

You will agree that some men show feminine traits and some women show masculine traits whilst being "straight" ?

That being the case, and the way genes and chromosones etc work, it doesnt take much for those traits to go further when you are in the womb leading to a mix up of gender 

Unless you’re talking about intersex wouldn’t science agree that you’re biologically a man or women?