Andew Robertson - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andew Robertson

Chripper

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Never noticed Liverpool fans chanting his name as a centre mid, nor him playing all these games as a centre mid.

He's worth £72m as a centre mid to you say? News to me.

If you think Robertson should be moved from the position he is rated at £72m playing, get's lauded off top mangers playing. played in the European Cup Final playing,, then batter in.

You're off your head and no matter how many times you say it, it's mental.

As I said, stick to Football Manger and being a condescending prat.

I'm only being sarcastic as that's exactly as you do when folk disagree with your pie in the sky formations. Bit like when you guaranteed we'd qualify if we switched to a back 3.

Absolutely zero to base that on except the thoughts in your head.

I've been sarcastic in two football threads with you 1) when you suggested merging teams to creat super teams and 2) when you suggested playing our best player out of position.

Both mental yet you've convinced yourself they are good ideas.

The other one I was sarcastic with you, was when you went on a massive rant on Scotty's Christmas thread with your usual "look at me" posts.

And I'm the one with too much time on my hands, you're the one checking up formations from every league in Europe ya weirdo!

Missed the Napoli match where he made a goal-saving interception when he floated into the middle of midfield? Yes, that did encourage the Liverpool fans to chant his name.

He's worth £72m as a footballer

OK. That's your opinion, but what's with the insults and personal attacks? When you reduce yourself to that kind of behaviour then you lose the higher ground.

Mmm.. I haven't played Football Manager since the 2013 edition. People keep saying that I regurgitate, but how can I not when I have to repeat myself?

Anyway. I'm not going to reply to all that as I literally speed-read through it. It lost my interest.

A little advice? Stop with the insults and personal attacks. You're better than that.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, Chripper said:

Missed the Napoli match where he made a goal-saving interception when he floated into the middle of midfield? Yes, that did encourage the Liverpool fans to chant his name.

He's worth £72m as a footballer

One wee run into midfield and he's suddenly a midfielder?!

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, Chripper said:

Anyway. I'm not going to reply to all that as I literally speed-read through it. It lost my interest.

A little advice? Stop with the insults and personal attacks. You're better than that.

You saying stop the insults/personal attacks but the line above you said you never even read my post as you lost interest.

Couldn't give you a red neck with a blow torch.

You're the most sondescending post on this thread, which is ironic as you take the huff more than anyone else.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

One wee run into midfield and he's suddenly a midfielder?!

You saying stop the insults/personal attacks but the line above you said you never even read my post as you lost interest.

Couldn't give you a red neck with a blow torch.

You're the most sondescending post on this thread, which is ironic as you take the huff more than anyone else.

Do you really want another round? If so, I'm game.

Is that the post where you called me a prat and a weirdo? Gee, you want to take a stab at why I lost interest?

I'm the most "sondescending post"? HOW DARE YOU!!! I have never sondescended in my entire life... I don't even know what the hell it is!

Edited by Chripper

1 minute ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Read most of the stuff on here about Andrew Robertson moving in to midfield pro and cons. Not sure if any one has asked this question, quite simple, why fix something that isn't broken?

With Robertson or with Scotland?

We've went 20 years without qualifying for anything, so I would say that things are very broken. And with each and every passing year it's become more and more broken.

We have Tierney, a player who could end up being better than Robertson, so I don't see any negatives with regards to moving Andy into midfield. As it stands we have no defensive midfielders: Armstrong, Cairney, McGregor, Snograss, Fraser, Forrest, Johnston, Morgan are all attacking midfielders. There's McTominay, but there's no guarantee where he'll end up at club level.

2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

We've went 20 years without qualifying for anything, so I would say that things are very broken. And with each and every passing year it's become more and more broken.

We have Tierney, a player who could end up being better than Robertson, so I don't see any negatives with regards to moving Andy into midfield. As it stands we have no defensive midfielders: Armstrong, Cairney, McGregor, Snograss, Fraser, Forrest, Johnston, Morgan are all attacking midfielders. There's McTominay, but there's no guarantee where he'll end up at club level.

I was focusing on Robertson. Personally, i would be concerned that it wouldn't suit him, not saying the boy is not capable of adapting positions but he is an exceptional left back and moving positions could maybe set him back, affect his confidence and his career if it didn't work for him. As i said why fix something it isn't broken. Respect your opinion tho.

1 minute ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

I was focusing on Robertson. Personally, i would be concerned that it wouldn't suit him, not saying the boy is not capable of adapting positions but he is an exceptional left back and moving positions could maybe set him back, affect his confidence and his career if it didn't work for him. As i said why fix something it isn't broken. Respect your opinion tho.

Fair points. 

Recently I have seen a lot of Darren Fletcher in him, I'm talking the 09/10 Fletcher who was action-packed and full of energy and endeavor. I'd love to see Robertson in midfield, but ultimately, it's up to Klopp or McLeish.

Thanks. :)

4 hours ago, Chripper said:

You can't just make a false statement like that. This is what winds people up. McGinn, Shinnie, Jack, McDonald, and Fleck are all defensive mids who have bee called up this year. McGregor has also been playing defensive midfield for the last few months and showed he's very capable there. Finally, what the hell is Johnston doing in that list?!

1 minute ago, mrniaboc said:

You can't just make a false statement like that. This is what winds people up. McGinn, Shinnie, Jack, McDonald, and Fleck are all defensive mids who have bee called up this year. McGregor has also been playing defensive midfield for the last few months and showed he's very capable there. Finally, what the hell is Johnston doing in that list?!

How can an opinion be false? 

McGinn is a good player, but in no way is he a defensive player. He's too careless in possession to be trusted. Jack isn't a player that I rate, nor is McDonald, nor is Fleck. McGregor plays as an anchorman and gets away with it playing in Scotland (playing against free transfers, etc) but in Europe of internationally, it's a different case.

Shinnie, I accept. 

Michael Johnston will probably be called up sooner rather than later, especially if he gets a run of games.

28 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

This is what winds people up. 

If It winds people up then it's none of my concern. I'm here to voice my opinion (like everyone else here), if my opinion winds people up then so be it. I've read loads of opinions that I don't particularly agree with (Someone just told me that Earth is the only planet in the Solar System...) but it doesn't wind me up.

A little bit of respect for opinions of others goes a long way. (Apart from the guy who claimed that Earth is the only planet in the Solar System)

18 minutes ago, Chripper said:

How can an opinion be false? 

McGinn is a good player, but in no way is he a defensive player. He's too careless in possession to be trusted. Jack isn't a player that I rate, nor is McDonald, nor is Fleck. McGregor plays as an anchorman and gets away with it playing in Scotland (playing against free transfers, etc) but in Europe of internationally, it's a different case.

Shinnie, I accept. 

Michael Johnston will probably be called up sooner rather than later, especially if he gets a run of games.

So you said "As it stands we have no defensive midfielders" but what you meant was "In my opinion, as it stands we have no good enough defensive midfielders"? Do you see how those two statements are not equivalent? The first is a factual statement, which is false. The second is an opinion, which is valid but with which I disagree.

5 minutes ago, Chripper said:

If It winds people up then it's none of my concern. I'm here to voice my opinion (like everyone else here), if my opinion winds people up then so be it. I've read loads of opinions that I don't particularly agree with (Someone just told me that Earth is the only planet in the Solar System...) but it doesn't wind me up.

A little bit of respect for opinions of others goes a long way. (Apart from the guy who claimed that Earth is the only planet in the Solar System)

You see, you're mixing up opinions and facts! It's not an opinion to say the Earth is the only planet in the Solar System. it's a misrepresentation of facts. It's an opinion to say that the Earth is the best planet in the Solar System (which is definitely is), or that the Earth would be better occupying a more central role in the Solar System, which is ludicrous because we'd all die if that happened, but that's still just an opinion.

Edited by mrniaboc

2 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

So you said "As it stands we have no defensive midfielders" but what you meant was "In my opinion, as it stands we have no good enough defensive midfielders"? Do you see how those two statements are not equivalent? The first is a factual statement, which is false. The second is an opinion, which is valid but with which I disagree.

No. Why? Because I wouldn't call up any of the players that you mentioned (and play them as anchormen), therefore, we have no defensive midfielders, well, apart from McTominay.

Just now, Chripper said:

No. Why? Because I wouldn't call up any of the players that you mentioned (and play them as anchormen), therefore, we have no defensive midfielders, well, apart from McTominay.

No! We DO have defensive midfielders. You just don't value them! That doesn't mean they don't exist hahaha. 

Just now, mrniaboc said:

You see, you're mixing up opinions and facts! It's not an opinion to say the Earth is the only planet in the Solar System. it's a misrepresentation of facts. It's an opinion to say that the Earth is the best planet in the Solar System (which is definitely is), or that the Earth would be better occupying a more central role in the Solar System, which is ludicrous because we'd all dieif that happened, but that's still just an opinion.

Have I entered the Twilight Zone?! Am I asleep?!

So, you're saying that it's an opinion that Earth is the only planet in the Solar System? That's not an opinion, it's a flat-out lie. And Earth is the "best planet"? I have no idea what that means.

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

Have I entered the Twilight Zone?! Am I asleep?!

So, you're saying that it's an opinion that Earth is the only planet in the Solar System? That's not an opinion, it's a flat-out lie. And Earth is the "best planet"? I have no idea what that means.

Haha I think you misread my statement. Try reading it again. I said the exact opposite. 

Haha I think you misread my statement. Try reading it again. I said the exact opposite. 

:lol: Ah. Sorry. Totally my bad.

I just got frazzled when the guy said that Earth is the only planet. 

I mean... what can you do with that? Generally I do respect everyone's beliefs and opinions... but... oh my....

You're not the manager Chripper! These lads are being called up. This isn't #fakenews. Some of them even started in the last few matches hahaha.

I'm not?! How do you know I'm not Alex McLeish? ;)

But... I'm not... If I were then we would STICK WITH THE THREE AT THE BACK! :P

Fine, fine... we have... two defensive midfielders (McDonald and Shinnie). Happy? Although, McDonald's imitation of a tree is very lifelike.

Just now, Chripper said:

:lol: Ah. Sorry. Totally my bad.

I just got frazzled when the guy said that Earth is the only planet. 

I mean... what can you do with that? Generally I do respect everyone's beliefs and opinions... but... oh my....

Yeah that's just mental hahaha. I would have loved to have been in that conversation. In my job as an astronomer I meet a lot of people with crackpot "opinions". But it's important to draw the line on it being an opinion when there are cold hard facts that go against it. Did he have any sort of argument to support this idea? It's like saying "In my opinion, Madrid is the capital of Scotland". That's not how opinions work, and we do have defensive midfielders :P