Andew Robertson - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andew Robertson

Chripper

6 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I'm not?! How do you know I'm not Alex McLeish? ;)

But... I'm not... If I were then we would STICK WITH THE THREE AT THE BACK! :P

Fine, fine... we have... two defensive midfielders (McDonald and Shinnie). Happy? Although, McDonald's imitation of a tree is very lifelike.

Haha we would all know if you were Big Eck as indeed we'd be playing a 3-5-2 with Robbo in the anchorman position and you wouldn't be able to get any of the player's attention because you wouldn't have learned their names!

I really think McGinn could turn out to be a great defensive mid. remember he's still pretty young and I think he's still learning. McTominay could go either way at the moment. McGregor is definitely capable and has shown that standing in for Brown at Celtic.

Edited by mrniaboc

8 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Yeah that's just mental hahaha. I would have loved to have been in that conversation. In my job as an astronomer I meet a lot of people with crackpot "opinions". But it's important to draw the line on it being an opinion when there are cold hard facts that go against it. Did he have any sort of argument to support this idea? It's like saying "In my opinion, Madrid is the capital of Scotland". That's not how opinions work, and we do have defensive midfielders :P

Not many things stop me in my tracks and put the blocks on my thoughts... but that one sure did. Turns out that he's religious (and born again). I have experience with people like that, so I get it. It's sad when people get so low and desperate that they need to grasp something so illogical. They're usually recovering alcoholics or drug addicts, so it's like they're just swapping one addiction for another... and the people who get really fundamental about religion.... I'd say that all three addictions are equally unhealthy.

You're an astronomer? Very cool. For how long?

Did he any argument to support this idea? Not really. People like that just shut off their brains and just let the Bible (or the men who wrote it) do their thinking for them. Besides, when he said that I just gave us as there's more chance of me having a meaningful dialogue with a brick wall than talking sense into him.

Alright, alright, don't get cocky.... :P

5 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Haha we would all know if you were Big Eck as indeed we'd be playing a 3-5-2 with Robbo in the anchorman position and you wouldn't be able to get any of the player's attention because you wouldn't have learned their names!

I really think McGinn could turn out to be a great defensive mid. remember he's still pretty young and I think he's still learning. McTominay could go either way at the moment. McGregor is definitely capable and has shown that standing in for Brown at Celtic.

That would be so awesome! *sigh* Ah well... I can dream. :lol:

I do like McGinn but he kinda reminds me of Steven Gerard in that he often empties the midfield. I remember Rafa Benitez saying something similar, that's why he played him behind Torres. It's amazing just how many midfielders that we could use as false number 9's. McTominay is an interesting one, I do think he's a good player, but he seems to be getting the kind of abuse from his own fans (at least online) that Fletch got for so many years. Hopefully McTominay has as much fortitude as Fletcher.

One name that hasn't been talked about is Greg Docherty. Not saying that he's ready, but you saw what happened to McGregor when he came back from his loan spell.

4 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Not many things stop me in my tracks and put the blocks on my thoughts... but that one sure did. Turns out that he's religious (and born again). I have experience with people like that, so I get it. It's sad when people get so low and desperate that they need to grasp something so illogical. They're usually recovering alcoholics or drug addicts, so it's like they're just swapping one addiction for another... and the people who get really fundamental about religion.... I'd say that all three addictions are equally unhealthy.

You're an astronomer? Very cool. For how long?

Did he any argument to support this idea? Not really. People like that just shut off their brains and just let the Bible (or the men who wrote it) do their thinking for them. Besides, when he said that I just gave us as there's more chance of me having a meaningful dialogue with a brick wall than talking sense into him.

Alright, alright, don't get cocky.... :P

Going on 15 years. Yeah, it's interesting to see what people with think and believe as a coping mechanism sometimes. We are all guilty of it to a certain extent though. I for one ascribe the utmost importance to 11 lads I've never met, kicking a ball around a grass field. When I think about the actual meaninglessness of that I verge on existential crisis, so I find it best to just buy a pie and Bovril (who's name is derived from an alien race and I absolutely am not shitting you here!)  and not think about it too much.

Funny thing is, the other planets of the Solar System are actually mentioned in the Bible...

3 minutes ago, Chripper said:

That would be so awesome! *sigh* Ah well... I can dream. :lol:

I do like McGinn but he kinda reminds me of Steven Gerard in that he often empties the midfield. I remember Rafa Benitez saying something similar, that's why he played him behind Torres. It's amazing just how many midfielders that we could use as false number 9's. McTominay is an interesting one, I do think he's a good player, but he seems to be getting the kind of abuse from his own fans (at least online) that Fletch got for so many years. Hopefully McTominay has as much fortitude as Fletcher.

One name that hasn't been talked about is Greg Docherty. Not saying that he's ready, but you saw what happened to McGregor when he came back from his loan spell.

It really upset me to see the bile that was being directed towards him online from supposed fans recently. Are these the same people who were praising him for completely nullifying Kante in a match only a few months back? Many football fans have such short memories. I hope he doesn't let it get to him and gets his head down like Fletch did.

10 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Going on 15 years. Yeah, it's interesting to see what people with think and believe as a coping mechanism sometimes. We are all guilty of it to a certain extent though. I for one ascribe the utmost importance to 11 lads I've never met, kicking a ball around a grass field. When I think about the actual meaninglessness of that I verge on existential crisis, so I find it best to just buy a pie and Bovril (who's name is derived from an alien race and I absolutely am not shitting you here!)  and not think about it too much.

Funny thing is, the other planets of the Solar System are actually mentioned in the Bible...

15 years? Very impressive. I'm guessing there aren't many scientists in this place. Yeah, "interesting" in an understatement. I have personal experience with people hitting rock bottom and climbing out with Jesus, so I know when it's a lost cause. But you're right, everyone has a coping mechanism when they hit breaking point.

Wait, you actually waste your time watching and talking about a bunch of guys kicking a ball around a grass field?! Are you nuts?! Tell me, what is this activity you speak of? :P Wow. I just looked it up, it would appear that Bovril was named after Vril-ya in the novel "The coming race". Cool. You learn something new every day... or you should.

:lol: Really? Weirdly enough I'm not surprised by that. People only notice what they want to and ignore what they don't. I wouldn't know as I haven't read it. I look to Aesop and the Grimm's for my fairy tales. 

11 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

It really upset me to see the bile that was being directed towards him online from supposed fans recently. Are these the same people who were praising him for completely nullifying Kante in a match only a few months back? Many football fans have such short memories. I hope he doesn't let it get to him and gets his head down like Fletch did.

I'd say so. Sometimes people forget that footballers are still human beings and doing to a kid, well, it's just bloody stupid. Remember the Chelsea fan who was roaring and allegedly being racist towards Raheem Sterling? The guy was 60 years old! It just underlines that age does not bring maturity. But yes, hopefully McTominay can get his head down and improve. He seems like a quiet lad with a nice family, so I'm guessing he'll get all the support he needs.

This is a very strange forum. One of the weirdest I've ever know.

I talk about Scotland playing with a back three and I'm asked a multitude of question for about a month or so, and I'm faced with mockery and derision. I also face the same for suggesting that Andy Robertson could be a very good anchorman.

Meanwhile in the "Merry Christmas, everyone!" thread, the OP states that Earth is the only planet in the Solar System and that there are no such thing as Alien lifeforms... and no one says boo about it.

It would appear that people on TAMB would rather believe that Earth is the one and only planet than believe that Robertson could excel as an anchorman. :lol:

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

This is a very strange forum. One of the weirdest I've ever know.

I talk about Scotland playing with a back three and I'm asked a multitude of question for about a month or so, and I'm faced with mockery and derision. I also face the same for suggesting that Andy Robertson could be a very good anchorman.

Meanwhile in the "Merry Christmas, everyone!" thread, the OP states that Earth is the only planet in the Solar System and that there are no such thing as Alien lifeforms... and no one says boo about it.

It would appear that people on TAMB would rather believe that Earth is the one and only planet than believe that Robertson could excel as an anchorman. :lol:

I haven't seen that thread. I probably shouldn't venture there... 

3 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I wouldn't, it's just another thread ruined by chripper, what he wrote above is revisionist bull shit and lies 

Edited by vanderark14

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes, yes I do. That's exactly what my post insinuated.🙄

What exactly what I lying about then?

I received more derision about Robbo in midfield/three at the back than that guy got for saying that there's only one planet in the Universe.

I'm making taking a huff over it, I just find it rather strange. I ejected from the conversation when he said that there's no other Alien lifeforms.

I respect his opinions, though, as weird as they may be. The sign of intelligence is tolerance and acceptance. Take note.

2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

What exactly what I lying about then?

I received more derision about Robbo in midfield/three at the back than that guy got for saying that there's only one planet in the Universe.

I'm making taking a huff over it, I just find it rather strange. I ejected from the conversation when he said that there's no other Alien lifeforms.

I respect his opinions, though, as weird as they may be. The sign of intelligence is tolerance and acceptance. Take note.

I think you need to take note of your own advice otherwise your beyond the help of strangers on a forum, you will need professional help.

Edited by vanderark14

18 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/topic/12879-merry-christmas-everyone/&page=4&tab=comments#comment-491452

Seriously, though, I wouldn't mix in if I were you. It's a complete and utter waste of time.

I'm the most stubborn person you'll ever meet but I won't go there... again.

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I wouldn't, it's just another thread ruined by chripper, what he wrote above is revisionist bull shit and lies 

So, it's pretty much been a whole 24 hours since that guy stated that there's only one Planet in the Solar System. No one (apart from mrniaboc) has corrected him on his insane theory, including you. So I think it's safe to assume that everyone else agrees with him.

So, I'm guessing everyone is open to being mocked? I mean, if I was mocked about Robbo playing as an anchorman/3-5-2, then I assume that the rule applies to everyone? Cool.

When you hear the word "Mars" do you just think of the chocolate bar? Do you consider "Saturn" to be a planet or a failed Sega console? When someone tells you that they've seen "Uranus" do you check your trousers? When someone mentions "Neptune" do you mention his cracking trident? 

13 minutes ago, thelonehutch said:

Ffs I thought Bonny was the biggest fud on here but Chripper is taking it to a whole new level! 

Nah, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

There's nothing worse than people that can dish it out but are completely unable to take it.

It's all banter, after all. Right?

Edited by Chripper

8 hours ago, Chripper said:

You appear to believe that this board popped into existence the day you started posting on it. Scotty's bible-based cosmology has been discussed on a number of threads over the years and thoroughly refuted to the satisfaction of everybody except Scotty (ok, maybe one other …). Hence, no need to plough the same furrow again. 

41 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

You appear to believe that this board popped into existence the day you started posting on it. Scotty's bible-based cosmology has been discussed on a number of threads over the years and thoroughly refuted to the satisfaction of everybody except Scotty (ok, maybe one other …). Hence, no need to plough the same furrow again. 

OK. Being new, I wasn't aware.

My general point stands, though, a lot of people here can dish out the banter and sarcasm but they get their panties-in-an-uproar* if someone gives it to them back. I really can't abide people like that. When they're being sarcastic and bantery  they are having a whale of a time, but if they receive it back their skin turns to paper. :lol:

I don't mind people mocking me, I can take it, but surely I should be able to give it back without being called a "fud". (that's the kindest name I've been called)

*If you're a fan of It's always sunny in Philadelphia you'll get the reference.

4 hours ago, thelonehutch said:

Ffs I thought Bonny was the biggest fud on here but Chripper is taking it to a whole new level! 

I'm going to stop mocking him, I think there's something wrong with the guy, I've never seen anyone take this place so serious.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

OK. Being new, I wasn't aware.

My general point stands, though, a lot of people here can dish out the banter and sarcasm but they get their panties-in-an-uproar* if someone gives it to them back. I really can't abide people like that. When they're being sarcastic and bantery  they are having a whale of a time, but if they receive it back their skin turns to paper. :lol:

I don't mind people mocking me, I can take it, but surely I should be able to give it back without being called a "fud". (that's the kindest name I've been called)

*If you're a fan of It's always sunny in Philadelphia you'll get the reference.

This is not and never has been a case of people being unable to take it when they've dished it out.