Scott Brown retires..... again. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott Brown retires..... again.

slasher

Funny how Scotland's decent results tended to coincide with when Broon was in the team . Look at last campaign - excellent start when he returned to the team , then he was sorely missed in Slovenia. I was chatting to Stephen Crainey a while back and he was bigging up Broon as a great player to play with - never liked playing against him but he pointed out what a great player he was when his team were in possession. You just have to watch how he's always the man available for a pass and then combative in defence (albeit sometimes a wee bit too combative). I think he will be sorely missed - especially alongside Armstrong in the middle .

My best memory of him was passing the Scotland squad at baggage reclaim in Dublin Airport - I asked Broon if he'd smile for a photo - then comes a wee pyscopathic grin.

1 hour ago, Langtonian said:

Yep,smacks of desperation

If he didn,t feel he was scottish enough or wanted to play for Scotland the first time of asking theres no reason why he should the second .Of course the only reason he would is because he thinks he has no chance of playing for the country of his birth

Pure hypocrisy in your attitude. 

Brown has done ok for Scotland, but as with most of the players of his generation, he failed to get us to a major tournament and that will be his and his generations legacy.

It's time to move on from him and a number of other players and try to build a new team that can achieve something.

2 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

What a bizarre statement. That’s mind reading stuff! Unless you know otherwise of course.

Nope, just assuming based on the fact he has never been called up by England and has only ever accepted a hand full of call up's to us over the years (I am sure he was called up to a youth squad a good 2/3 years ago) and from what MacKay said before the Dutch game about how he knocked back a international call up because he wants to concentrate on his club career at the moment.

Who know's what his reason's are, but the simple answer could simply be that (if he wanted to play for England, I am sure he would have been in their set up long by now)

7 hours ago, wanderer said:

Nope, just assuming based on the fact he has never been called up by England and has only ever accepted a hand full of call up's to us over the years (I am sure he was called up to a youth squad a good 2/3 years ago) and from what MacKay said before the Dutch game about how he knocked back a international call up because he wants to concentrate on his club career at the moment.

Who know's what his reason's are, but the simple answer could simply be that (if he wanted to play for England, I am sure he would have been in their set up long by now)

It’s pretty well documented that he had a massive growth spurt recently that has led to his promotion through the ranks and subsequent recognition. I think prior to this he wasn’t raising any eyebrows which will more likely explain why he’s not been called up to anyone in the past. 

10 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

"SCOTT MCTOMINAY looks set to choose England over Scotland as he continues to shine for Manchester United, according to the bookies."