Steak Pie - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steak Pie

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm defo with Flure on this one, A steak pie is just that a STEAK PIE, Steak, Gravy, and Pastry, Onion is acceptable, but that is it! Anything else is sacrilage! Now you lot have my mouth watering.and Steak Pie being a rarity in Deutschland, I will be staying in Glasgow for the game against the Republic in November, can anyone recommend where I can eat a decent Steak Pie in Glasgow? :whistling:

Great thread this :-))

This bit is the most French thing I've ever read (especially in a really bad accent!) :-))

...the unfortunate Duke of Mirepoix was "an incompetent and mediocre individual. . . who owed his vast fortune to the affection Louis XV felt toward his wife and who had but one claim to fame: he gave his name to a sauce made of all kinds of meat and a variety of seasonings"

I get loads of abuse from my family for my celerasious inclinations, but luckily our local butcher does a great steak pie so I've never had to go so far as adulterating a steak pie.

Who died?

:-)) .

Celery is the devil's food along with cooked carrots.

You disgust me!!!!

Well you'll love me. Tonight I made a lovely red wine pasta sauce with quorn chorizo sausages and quorn rashers, also added a scotch bonnet chilli and an ordinary chilli, bloody lovely. I now know what a cocaine addict feels like though, as my nose has been running for the past hour.

Do you know it's only mammals who have the ability to taste chilli, which is why you can sprinkle chilli powder through your peanuts when filling your bird feeder and it'll keep the squirrels from stealing them?

Edited by G-Man

Celery is the devil's food This is correct

along with cooked carrots. Don't talk pish, woman.

Well you'll love me. Tonight I made a lovely red wine pasta sauce with quorn chorizo sausages and quorn rashers, also added a scotch bonnet chilli and an ordinary chilli, bloody lovely. I now know what a cocaine addict feels like though, as my nose has been running for the past hour. That sounds.......interesting.

Do you know it's only mammals who have the ability to taste chilli, which is why you can sprinkle chilli powder through your peanuts when filling your bird feeder and it'll keep the squirrels from stealing them? Didn't everyone know that?

You going to Poland?

We went out for an early evening meal to the local restaurant in the village.

I got steak pie.

Now, I'll tell you this, I've gotten to the age I am and I have never, ever been served steak pie with celery in it before.

I mean, WTF?

Flure, you sure it was'nae the meat gone off round the edge !! - I have 20 pies in the fridge, i will have to check them out !!!

Celery is one of those ingredients like capers, bit bowfin by themselves but when added to other foods it enhances their flavour. Knowledge.

Right I've let you off with the Queen, but now you've gone too far! I make a lovely caper salad, get a bowl put capers in and voila. Or if you're a lazy bassa, get a spoon and eat out of jar.

Celery is the devil's food This is correct I know.

along with cooked carrots. Don't talk pish, woman. Raw or in a cake is fine but cooked and on a plate is just bowfing.

Well you'll love me. Tonight I made a lovely red wine pasta sauce with quorn chorizo sausages and quorn rashers, also added a scotch bonnet chilli and an ordinary chilli, bloody lovely. I now know what a cocaine addict feels like though, as my nose has been running for the past hour. That sounds.......interesting. It's stopped now, so I was interesting for 70 minutes. Woo hoo. :mellow:

Do you know it's only mammals who have the ability to taste chilli, which is why you can sprinkle chilli powder through your peanuts when filling your bird feeder and it'll keep the squirrels from stealing them? Didn't everyone know that? They do now, because I've told them!

You going to Poland? Naw.

Edited by G-Man

Frying up finely (and I mean very finely) chopped up celery while browning the onions would add to the flavour. I do that with the lasagne I make. However, large chunks of celery?!....urghhhhh!

p.s. Welcome back 'Anything Goes'

Celery in Lasagne?

You're taking last week too hard and you need help for some kind of psychiatric disorder.

Back to Steak Pies.

If it's only got the top as pastry, I'm always a bit disappointed. It's not a proper pie unless the pastry is all the way round.