Big Teams and Wee Teams - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Big Teams and Wee Teams

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwells must be similar, rarely below 4000, and we generally have less home fans at old firm games.

Our home crowds drop massively for these games. Even season ticket holders just ditching it due to KO time/fact we usually get pumped.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

the bunnet saw it as he seen it. That's why the celtic supporters didn't like him. they think they are every-cause's-fighting-freedom-fighters (except Scottish Independence of course), McCann and everyone else think otherwise.

To be fair to Celtic fans, they definitely had banners supporting Indy in the lead up. Think there was even a group "Celts for Indy" or something with banners as well as the GB.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

To be fair to Celtic fans, they definitely had banners supporting Indy in the lead up. Think there was even a group "Celts for Indy" or something with banners as well as the GB.

As well as Yes posters being held up on the 18th minute all round the ground at a home game not long before the referendum took place. Scoobydoo (a guy who lives abroad I think) probably knows better than me though.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yeah, I would say you're definitely in the out crowd if you're a unionist Celtic supporter.

Most of my mates are Celtic fans and many brought up in Glasgow.  Although reasonable people they'd glorify their Irish ancestry (I'm proud of it too but there was a slant to it).  Would say it's far less cool to do so now and the referendum played a part in that.  Celtic fans are demonstrably more easy with being Scottish these days and more often than not pro independence.  My own anecdotal view.

1 minute ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Yeah, I would say you're definitely in the out crowd if you're a unionist Celtic supporter.

Most of my mates are Celtic fans and many brought up in Glasgow.  Although reasonable people they'd glorify their Irish ancestry (I'm proud of it too but there was a slant to it).  Would say it's far less cool to do so now and the referendum played a part in that.  Celtic fans are demonstrably more easy with being Scottish these days and more often than not pro independence.  My own anecdotal view.

That's probably the same with following the national team too. When I started following Scotland 20 years ago it was fairly rare for a Celtic fan but that's all changed now, which is down to a few different factors. 

1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

That's probably the same with following the national team too. When I started following Scotland 20 years ago it was fairly rare for a Celtic fan but that's all changed now, which is down to a few different factors. 

Probably just copying the cool trendsetters, like yourself... 

On 03/05/2017 at 6:56 PM, Regenmann said:

:rollsmile:

As for Celtic Park - Breezeblock Boulevard was obviously built to the cheapest possible specification - complete with view impairing stanchions. 

Fans were rattling about in it likes peas in a drum until this "phoenix club" appeared in the top league. 

Ibrox is easily the best football stadium in Scotland - compare the Leitch-designed and listed Struth Stand to the main stand at CP with its 'swing bin' roof. 

Go and walk round celtic park and ibrox both inside and out. Celtic park looks tremendous all the time. Ibrox these days is a run down dump, which is no surprise seeing as they have no money.

Guest BlueGaz
9 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Ibrox these days is a run down dump, 

:lol::lol: Might not be as shiney as your Mekano set but its certainly not a dump.  Talking of dumps, been to the north east since the 80s?

15 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Go and walk round celtic park and ibrox both inside and out. Celtic park looks tremendous all the time. Ibrox these days is a run down dump, which is no surprise seeing as they have no money.

Inrox has seen better days and needs a lot of work.

Celtic Park isn't  really anything to write home about but ok for Scotland 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

It's not the worst but they should've built the stands steeper, the view from behind the goals is rotten...

In fairness I've never sampled that view as I've always been in either the West or Main Stand.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

It's not the worst but they should've built the stands steeper, the view from behind the goals is rotten...

That can be fixed by an earlier arrival time at the Alamo.

8 minutes ago, deecie said:

That can be fixed by an earlier arrival time at the Alamo.

Last time I was in the Alamo was circa early 1986. When the Caledonia Bar shut doon it was the closest pub to my hoose. Obviously that was before I moved to Jersey. There's a few other pubs closer to my hoose noo. 

1 hour ago, Marky said:

Last time I was in the Alamo was circa early 1986. When the Caledonia Bar shut doon it was the closest pub to my hoose. Obviously that was before I moved to Jersey. There's a few other pubs closer to my hoose noo. 

None of which have the charm of the Alamo.