Scottish Independence Referendum 2014 - Results By Council Area - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Independence Referendum 2014 - Results By Council Area

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any official links that show a breakdown of numbers anyone has seen? Would be really interested to see how individual towns and villages done. Would like to see how Renfrew done. Also, a breakdown of Inverclyde would be interesting. Got to imagine Port Glasgow and Greenock voted yes but up against majorities for No in Kilmacolm and (although smaller majority) in Gourock just got No over the line.

Is there any official links that show a breakdown of numbers anyone has seen? Would be really interested to see how individual towns and villages done. Would like to see how Renfrew done. Also, a breakdown of Inverclyde would be interesting. Got to imagine Port Glasgow and Greenock voted yes but up against majorities for No in Kilmacolm and (although smaller majority) in Gourock just got No over the line.

If Paisley was 55% Yes, then you'd need to imagine that Renfrew and Johnstone voted no. Anywhere else of a reasonable size that would come under Renfrewshire that I'm forgetting?

If Paisley was 55% Yes, then you'd need to imagine that Renfrew and Johnstone voted no. Anywhere else of a reasonable size that would come under Renfrewshire that I'm forgetting?

Answering myself for a moment I guess Linwood has a fair few folk. Maybe Elderslie too.

I'm not so sure. Say Paisley was 45% No, Renfrew 48% No and Johnstone 49% No. Houston, Bridge of Weir, Erskine, Bishopton etc..... Could have been 60% No. There seems to be a trend with bigger/(ex)industrial/central Scotland areas voting yes and I was trying to see if that was the case near me i.e. Renfrewshire and Inverclyde. I like my stats and find all this quite interesting..... minus the overall result, obviously.

I'm not so sure. Say Paisley was 45% No, Renfrew 48% No and Johnstone 49% No. Houston, Bridge of Weir, Erskine, Bishopton etc..... Could have been 60% No. There seems to be a trend with bigger/(ex)industrial/central Scotland areas voting yes and I was trying to see if that was the case near me i.e. Renfrewshire and Inverclyde. I like my stats and find all this quite interesting..... minus the overall result, obviously.

Just had a quick look and was surprised at the Renfrewshire population split.

Paisley, Renfrew and Johnstone are the biggest as I expected and represent 42%, 11% & 9% respectively. Erskine is only a few hundred short of Johnstone which surprised me. Linwood is next with 5% and then it drops down to villages with about 5/6k or less such as Houston, BoW, Bishopton etc.

Just had a quick look and was surprised at the Renfrewshire population split.

Paisley, Renfrew and Johnstone are the biggest as I expected and represent 42%, 11% & 9% respectively. Erskine is only a few hundred short of Johnstone which surprised me. Linwood is next with 5% and then it drops down to villages with about 5/6k or less such as Houston, BoW, Bishopton etc.

Unfortunately no breakdown on Renfrewshire or Inverclyde council websites. Strange how some councils do it but others don't. No doubt you would get the info if you asked.