Signed Up To The Cause? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Signed Up To The Cause?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot i disagree with the SNP on. Even so, i almost want to join, just to show my support for Independence as the best way of creating a fairer society.

I'll give it a bit of thought.

There's a lot i disagree with the SNP on. Even so, i almost want to join, just to show my support for Independence as the best way of creating a fairer society.

I'll give it a bit of thought.

Its the only legitimate avenue for protest at the moment. I don't agree with loads of their policies either, its a means to an end.

Its the only legitimate avenue for protest at the moment.

That's pretty much how i'm feeling. I do however also feel i'd be betraying a lot of what i believe in by funding a party who i disagreed with on many things which are very important to me.

That's pretty much how i'm feeling. I do however also feel i'd be betraying a lot of what i believe in by funding a party who i disagreed with on many things which are very important to me.

I'm the same too. I disagree on a lot of their policies (and the greens too actually) so I'm not sure whether to join or not.

Similarly parkie, i would not really call myself an SNP voter. I have voted for them in the past though, and I would again. Primarily as a tactical vote. I will join them now though to keep the momentum up - does not mean I will be forever more SNP.

Am I the only one who does not give shite about their policies? The way I see it the only reason they have to adopt any policies at all is because they get elected to regional power before they can achieve national independence. So they have to make policy decisions on this or that and invariably you can't please everyone. The SNP is not a party like Labour or the Tories which represent some aspect of left versus right. The SNP does not have consensus on any of that, it is made of a wide variety of individuals with one unifying goal. The day to day policies of government actually get in the way of the SNP goal as they only serve to annoy someone somewhere for something. The SNP is not about policies but about power. But policies are forced upon by the act of regional government, it is a bit of a catch 22 really.

All their policy decisions are essentially designed to keep people on board but it is impossible to please everyone.

Look no further for an example than Flora the tory SNP supporter on here standing shoulder to shoulder with other SNP folk who lean more towards Tommy Sheridan's social views. You can never expect them to agree on a common social policy, that is for the free Scottish parliament to decide post independence not for the SNP to decide pre-independence, it is an impossible task.

Am I the only one who does not give shite about their policies? The way I see it the only reason they have to adopt any policies at all is because they get elected to regional power before they can achieve national independence. So they have to make policy decisions on this or that and invariably you can't please everyone. The SNP is not a party like Labour or the Tories which represent some aspect of left versus right. The SNP does not have consensus on any of that, it is made of a wide variety of individuals with one unifying goal. The day to day policies of government actually get in the way of the SNP goal as they only serve to annoy someone somewhere for something. The SNP is not about policies but about power. But policies are forced upon by the act of regional government, it is a bit of a catch 22 really.

All their policy decisions are essentially designed to keep people on board but it is impossible to please everyone.

Look no further for an example than Flora the tory SNP supporter on here standing shoulder to shoulder with other SNP folk who lean more towards Tommy Sheridan's social views. You can never expect them to agree on a common social policy, that is for the free Scottish parliament to decide post independence not for the SNP to decide pre-independence, it is an impossible task.

Thanks. The first post in particular is, i guess, a way of justifying funding the SNP to myself.

It'd be weird being a member of the SNP and voting Green though :lol:

Join the Greens then. Effect will be the same, increased membership for a Yes supporting party and less for Labour.

But with the possible effect of splitting the SNP vote come the next 2 elections.

I've got a lot of time for Patrick Harvie, but Tommy Sheridan got it right when he said that the only way to destroy these f*ckers is to vote SNP.

But with the possible effect of splitting the SNP vote come the next 2 elections.

I've got a lot of time for Patrick Harvie, but Tommy Sheridan got it right when he said that the only way to destroy these f*ckers is to vote SNP.

So join the Greens and vote SNP in Westminster and other FPTP elections?