Westminster Attack ? - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, biffer said:

Anyone know what the score is between Parklife and antidote? They both seem pretty sure the other one is keeping score, so someone must know. 

Must be quite a low number. I dont think antidote can count all that high.

13 minutes ago, antidote said:

I think the TAMB jury found your claim unproven. :spin:

There's a jury? All I saw was WoS fanboys attacking me for criticising their hero :lol:

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

There's a jury? All I saw was WoS fanboys attacking me for criticising their hero :lol:

You would see things like that. :eek:

Just now, neil r said:

What is there to answer?

Its all there in my post. Just read it again. What is it about it you dont understand?

You not answering anything :hammer:

1 minute ago, neil r said:

No idea. Tell me...

It's pretty obvious you have no idea. :crazy:

2 hours ago, neil r said:

So as i said, tell me...

Google it. :moon:

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Gender as a pejorative, I can see why you and WoS get along so well. 

Yep, me and Stu meet up all the time when I'm down in Bath. :love:

The right-wing newspapers are loving the senseless rampage from this lone criminal lunatic trained, organised and merciless army of ISIS recruits. 

It's their finest moment since the blitz.

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

The right-wing newspapers are loving the senseless rampage from this lone criminal lunatic trained, organised and merciless army of ISIS recruits. 

It's their finest moment since the blitz.

Correct. The whole incident yesterday was tragic, it goes without saying, but the coverage, particularly from the BBC has been so over the top and hysterical at times.

The letter reads: "Please please support your MP SNP Angus Robertson and our sister vocal and financial supporter Gina Miller to stay in the EU as we have many more of our brothers and sisters wanting to join our brothers and sister in Glasgow with your help and our sympathetic the leader N Sturgeon and you we can be a Muslim state in the next 30 years.

"So please keep the door open via the EU. May Allah be with you all."

:lol: 

Edited by Parklife

On 23/03/2017 at 0:11 PM, aaid said:

The second set of tweets are completely unacceptable.  The Wings tweet was in response to the suspension of Holyrood, I don't see anything wrong with that, I happen to think that they ultimately did the right thing but many think they should have continued in spite of what was happening at Westminster, both are equally valid positions to take.  

23 hours ago, antidote said:

Like aaid said, the last tweets are totally unacceptable and should be rightly condemned by everyone.

I also agree with aaid on the wings tweet, it is not offensive.

I'm sure that the unionists offensive tweets are far more numerous to the offensive tweets from a nationalists, but this doesn't excuse the offensive tweets that do come from the nationalist side and they should rightly be bollocks for tweeting them. 

I thought the wings tweet was a bit out of order by comparing McDonalds workers to a sitting parliament.

If there's a tragedy in football, you wouldn't expect rugby to do anything about it, but you'd be surprised if football did nothing.

12 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I thought the wings tweet was a bit out of order by comparing McDonalds workers to a sitting parliament.

If there's a tragedy in football, you wouldn't expect rugby to do anything about it, but you'd be surprised if football did nothing.

You have to really look at his timeline, this was one tweet of many.

The starting point and the line he took all the way through was that if there was no threat to Holyrood - which there wasn't - then business should proceed, as you shouldn't let terrorists dictate what you do.  I think that's a pretty valid view to take.   

There were other tweets to the extent that Westminster didn't suspend business on 7/7 and John Major carried on a cabinet meeting after the IRA bombs Downing Street.

Ultimately I think it was the right thing to do as a lot of MSPs were understandly distracted.

If Holyrood hadn't been debating a second referendum at the time, I doubt anyone would have passed comment.  The Welsh Assembly continued sitting after Holyrood was suspended but they then subsequently adjourned.

I've also seen some evidence that Murdo Fraser was playing games by raising a point of order to suspend parliament, when the Deputy PO was in the chair and he knew that the PO and the business managers from all parties, including his own were outside the chamber deciding whether or not to continue.

You can only draw the conclusion that he did this because he knew the request would be obviously turned down by the deputy PO, an SNP MSP, purely to score a political point. By making it look like the SNP were lacking respect.