David Haye - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haye basically had little power in his right hand due to the achilles injury which then snapped/broke in the 5th.

I was wondering why he was just winging it with no set up in the first.

Bellew was so tentative it was crazy.

On Sunday, March 05, 2017 at 8:52 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

The biggest rip-off is all this PPV crap. You can sometimes pay £20 for a fight that lasts 20 seconds with a crap underbill. Talk about an outrageous rip-off. I reckon they should charge per round or something like that not paying money up front for something that fails to materialize into what is promised. Its like paying £400 for a television if it breaks down or you are not satisfied you get your money back - not with PPV though.

Biggest rip off for me is the price of football tickets and having to pay for them crap. Its usually about £20-25 a ticket to go to watch a game and sometimes theres only one or two goals. There's even been games where theres none.

Talk about an outragous rip off

I think they should charge per goals or something like that. Not paying for something that doesnt materialise into what is promised.

It's like paying for a new fridge that breaks down or your not satisfied you get your money back- not with paying for a ticket though.

Pure ragun' like

:rolleyes:

Edited by neil r

1 hour ago, neil r said:

Biggest rip off for me is the price of football tickets and having to pay for them crap. Its usually about £20-25 a ticket to go to watch a game and sometimes theres only one or two goals. There's even been games where theres none.

Talk about an outragous rip off

I think they should charge per goals or something like that. Not paying for something that doesnt materialise into what is promised.

It's like paying for a new fridge that breaks down or your not satisfied you get your money back- not with paying for a ticket though.

Pure ragun' like

:rolleyes:

If you're happy to have to pay two fold to watch a boxing match then that is your choice. By two fold I mean once Sky has duped you into paying for ALL their sports channels they then say every so often you aren't getting this fight without paying more. How very fair of them.....NOT. Oh for those now long gone days when you could switch on to terrestrial TV and watch all the big fights without forking out a penny. Still as long as some people are happy ie Eddie Hearn and Sky Execs.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Sorry to burst your bubble Champ and take the wind out your rant, but I've never had Sky and never will.

Its like you paying £400 for a telly and it "breaks down" and me not giving a fck about it.

Keep up ALL the good work you're doing though.

Edited by neil r

14 minutes ago, neil r said:

Sorry to burst your bubble Champ and take the wind out your rant, but I've never had Sky and never will.

Its like you paying £400 for a telly and it "breaks down" and me not giving a fck about it.

Keep up ALL the good work you're doing though.

And I don't have Sky either. But there are millions that do that are being ripped off. Okay it doesn't bother you but that is a f*******g selfish view point to take but hey ho you carry on not giving a **** eh. Very caring of you.

Have a good day. ;)

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And I don't have Sky either. But there are millions that do that are being ripped off. Okay it doesn't bother you but that is a f*******g selfish view point to take but hey ho you carry on not giving a **** eh. Very caring of you.

Have a good day. ;)

If folk are being "ripped off" then they should cancel their agreement with Sky and end it. 

There's hee haw selfish about saying that people have a choice whether or not to pay for Sky :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Have a good day. ;)

I get ripped off from sky every month,but I want it and that's the price,so I pay it. 

On the night I was more than happy to see Bellew win but looking back at it he should wind the victory celebration in. I think Haye was actually slowly getting on top of him until his achilles went. The 4th and 5th were not good rounds for Bellew and then in the 6th (was it?) Haye's leg went. I thought on the night it was due to punch accumulation. But he ruptured his achilles and the guy was basically half dragging his leg after that while in a full on professional boxing match. I actually have to give Haye a lot of begrudging respect for that performance. I would have quit the moment it went. Bellew even said he told him to stop just before he stopped him and Haye shook him off with a No. I think he will come back.

Edited by thplinth

On 07/03/2017 at 7:58 PM, thplinth said:

On the night I was more than happy to see Bellew win but looking back at it he should wind the victory celebration in. I think Haye was actually slowly getting on top of him until his achilles went. The 4th and 5th were not good rounds for Bellew and then in the 6th (was it?) Haye's leg went. I thought on the night it was due to punch accumulation. But he ruptured his achilles and the guy was basically half dragging his leg after that while in a full on professional boxing match. I actually have to give Haye a lot of begrudging respect for that performance. I would have quit the moment it went. Bellew even said he told him to stop just before he stopped him and Haye shook him off with a No. I think he will come back.

Totally agree with you here. Don't really want to give Haye any credit but have to do so for that performance. 

A rematch looks like a possibility.