Mark Warburton - Resigned - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mark Warburton - Resigned

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Rossy said:

I think that proves your point in your post above.

That is what i was getting at.  Our possession converted to goals is diabolical.  

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

They have spent 18 of the 30...

Not on the squad they haven't.

They've only spent 2.38m (and King didn't put in a ha'penny).

We are almost on par with Aberdeen at the moment...

If the Dons beat Motherwell tomorrow then you will be 3 points behind (and realistically 4 points behind because of the GD).

Easy to say though!!

"Debt free" has a nice ring to it.

Just sort of rolls off the tongue.

Edited by Scotty CTA

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

If we had hit every golf shot perfectly we would be on par with Celtic, so I'm not saying that at all.  I would argue that most teams in the SPL need a lot more than a few additions to be on par with Aberdeen this year.  

For example, what I believe we have done this year that a lot of other clubs haven't, is dominate all but 5 or 6 games totally.  We are severely struggling up front and if we had a goalscorer, I genuinely believe that we would be 6 or 7 points clear in 2nd.  I think we only needed say 2 players to achieve that.  How many other clubs can say that?  In terms of widening that gap further, we need a few additions and someone to organise it all, someone who can adapt and change, we havent had that for how long?  Didn't need it last year, but feck we needed it this year.

I was more highlighting that Aberdeen are only a Hayes, Shinnie and Lewis away from being on a par with any other team in the league.  Having those three probably puts us on at least a level playing field with Hearts and Rangers. We are an excellent striker away from being ahead of both Hearts and Rangers.  Of course, Hearts and Rangers are a decent addition or two from being ahead of Aberdeen.  I actually think Partick are a few players away from being excellent - you get where i'm gong with this.....

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I was more highlighting that Aberdeen are only a Hayes, Shinnie and Lewis away from being on a par with any other team in the league.  Having those three probably puts us on at least a level playing field with Hearts and Rangers. We are an excellent striker away from being ahead of both Hearts and Rangers.  Of course, Hearts and Rangers are a decent addition or two from being ahead of Aberdeen.  I actually think Partick are a few players away from being excellent - you get where i'm gong with this.....

Disagree, a Hayes, Shinnie and Lewis wouldnt put you in touch with Celtic at the moment.

I think Aberdeen are ahead of Rangers at the moment.  

Disagree with Partick being just a few players away from the level we are discussing.  You get where I'm going with this ...

Guest BlueGaz
13 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Not on the squad they haven't.

I didn't say it was on the squad.  

They've only spent 2.38m (and King didn't put in a ha'penny).

If the Dons beat Motherwell tomorrow then you will be 3 points behind (and realistically 4 points behind because of the GD).

Which is why I used the word 'almost' - I take it you don't need a dictionary?

"Debt free" has a nice ring to it.

Just sort of rolls off the tongue.

ZZZZZzzzzz

1. Can you really count money used to repay debt (just to stay solvent) toward that total?

2. Aberdeen are pulling away from the Rangers on and off the field.

3. Supporters pressure and unrealistic demands to immediately be able to compete with Celtic (while spivs are at the helm) can't possibly end well.

Disagree, a Hayes, Shinnie and Lewis wouldnt put you in touch with Celtic at the moment.

I think Aberdeen are ahead of Rangers at the moment.  

Disagree with Partick being just a few players away from the level we are discussing.  You get where I'm going with this ...

I meant the opposite. Wasn't clear. I meant that Aberdeen are only a Hayes, Shinnie and Lewis away from being a Ross County, Partick or Killie. In other words everyone, with the exception of Celtic, are near enough on a par.  Aberdeen, Hearts, Rangers and probably St Johnstone are marginally distinguishable but only because of a couple of stand out players. 

My original point was that a couple of amazing additions would change any team in the spfl. 

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

1. Can you really count money used to repay debt (just to stay solvent) toward that total?

3. Supporters pressure and unrealistic demands to immediately be able to compete with Celtic (while spivs are at the helm) can't possibly end well.

Point 2.... could you expand please as I am unaware/haven't noticed the steps the Sheep have taken to do this.

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Who's going to replace McInnes?

42 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I meant the opposite. Wasn't clear. I meant that Aberdeen are only a Hayes, Shinnie and Lewis away from being a Ross County, Partick or Killie. In other words everyone, with the exception of Celtic, are near enough on a par.  Aberdeen, Hearts, Rangers and probably St Johnstone are marginally distinguishable but only because of a couple of stand out players. 

My original point was that a couple of amazing additions would change any team in the spfl. 

More like Kilie are only a Messi, Ronaldo and Courtois away from being a top 6 team. :(

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

Point 2.... could you expand please as I am unaware/haven't noticed the steps the Sheep have taken to do this.

(I believe you.)

We are ahead of them in the standings (on) and we are debt free (off).

We are a responsibly run club. They are a basket case. (off)

Also, we will qualify for Europe again, and by FFP rules The Rangers can't.

1 minute ago, Larky Masher said:

Who's going to replace McInnes?

Thankfully won't be an issue for a while as he currently enjoys going on winning runs, challenging for trophies, and playing in Europe each season.

1 minute ago, ShedTA said:

Dear god, been out of phone range for last 4 days and have missed all this excitement. So has he resigned or been sacked? 

King set up a sacking to look like a resignation in order to try and save paying 1.2m.

18 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

(I believe you.)

Thankfully won't be an issue for a while as he currently enjoys going on winning runs, challenging for trophies, and playing in Europe each season.

King set up a sacking to look like a resignation in order to try and save paying 1.2m.

so it appears. I am reading that he  supposedly resigned on the Monday but showed up for work all week? How does that work then? 

(I believe you.)

Is some of that hearsay though? I can't keep up? There's no European adventure next season then? I'd be amazed if this was to actually happen. 

46 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

so it appears. I am reading that he  supposedly resigned on the Monday but showed up for work all week? How does that work then? 

King doesn't have a leg to stand on, and he doesn't have any money either.

His only option seems to be to delay the inevitable.

47 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Is some of that hearsay though? I can't keep up? There's no European adventure next season then? I'd be amazed if this was to actually happen. 

The only way (if The Rangers make it to the end of the season) would be for the 'forces that be' to wave FFP criteria.

49 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I guess you didn't see Reporting Scotland.

No, but I know the SMSM script. The question is... will UEFA willingly become the 'dog' that gets wagged by the SPFL 'tail'.

(Hey, that wasn't bad.)

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

King doesn't have a leg to stand on, and he doesn't have any money either.

His only option seems to be to delay the inevitable.

The only way (if The Rangers make it to the end of the season) would be for the 'forces that be' to wave FFP criteria.

No, but I know the SMSM script. The question is... will UEFA willingly become the 'dog' that gets wagged by the SPFL 'tail'.

(Hey, that wasn't bad.)

What does the bible say about it all?  

JOHN 3:16 If Rangers believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, they will be saved?  Surely?

56 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

What does the bible say about it all?  

JOHN 3:16 If Rangers believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, they will be saved?  Surely?

Masons are Luciferians.

They'll have the illusion of being on top for a while, then it'll all be taken away.

37 minutes ago, macy37 said:

McInnes is a man who is hailed for achieving nothing. 

McInnes not only steadied the ship, but returned us to challenging for trophies and regularly featuring at the top of the table and in Europe.

McInnes not only steadied the ship, but returned us to challenging for trophies and regularly featuring at the top of the table and in Europe.

19 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Masons are Luciferians.

They'll have the illusion of being on top for a while, then it'll all be taken away.

All at Rangers are asociated with Masons? Not with standing the bollocks premise you are building on.

In a one horse race that is pretty impressive.

2 hours ago, euan2020 said:

won as much as Tommy Burns, and i respected Tommy Burns as a manager 

Tommy was a class act.

2 hours ago, andymac said:

All at Rangers are asociated with Masons? Not with standing the bollocks premise you are building on.

There is a heavy masonic influence surrounding Rangers.

2 hours ago, andymac said:

In a one horse race that is pretty impressive.

No.

Motherwell has pipped us for second, and teams such as Hearts, Hibs, Dundee, Dundee United and St. Johnstone have knocked us out of Cups.

So that would be another 6 'horses' that I have mentioned (without even talking about Celtic).