St Johnstone Dying In Aberdeen - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

St Johnstone Dying In Aberdeen

1 hour ago, Marky said:

Cheers. Cannae believe that constitutes a thing never mind a dance move.

Wouldnae have seen the likes in Paris nightclub in Paisley circa 1983. Proper dancin back then. 

You couldn't do any dancing in Paris in the 80s with their extra special sticky dance floor. 

Or was that The Garage? ? 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You couldn't do any dancing in Paris in the 80s with their extra special sticky dance floor. 

Or was that The Garage? ? 

That would be The Garage RB. 

Paris was classy joint. Especially for us cool people that inhabited the Soul, Funk and Jazz room through the back! :-)

22 hours ago, Marky said:

That would be The Garage RB. 

Paris was classy joint. Especially for us cool people that inhabited the Soul, Funk and Jazz room through the back! :-)

Not sure any Paisley night club can be said to be classy.  Ever. ?

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not sure any Paisley night club can be said to be classy.  Ever. ?

RB, 

The Garage was full of wee Ned druggies and was more late 80's / early 90's. 

Prior to that Nightlife in Paisley in the early to mid 80's was fantastic, Paris as Marky mentioned was widely regarded as Scotland's top Soul/Jazz Funk Club, a large percentage of the punters were from Glasgow who came into Paisley for a night out back then. 

Shuttle street / New Street in the town was immense with some great pubs, and other nightclubs like Toledo Juctiion and the Cotton Club you would expect to queue up for over an hour just get in. 

Sad to see what has happened to the town since those halcyon days. 

10 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

RB, 

Prior to that Nightlife in Paisley in the early to mid 80's was fantastic, Paris as Marky mentioned was widely regarded as Scotland's top Soul/Jazz Funk Club, a large percentage of the punters were from Glasgow who came into Paisley for a night out back then. 

Shuttle street / New Street in the town was immense with some great pubs, and other nightclubs like Toledo Juctiion and the Cotton Club you would expect to queue up for over an hour just get in. 

Remember Shuttle Street and the Cotton Club well. Also had quite a few nights up the Junction. Only really started going out to clubs around 86 so missed the Paris heyday. 

Mind you not just the Garage had druggies.  Was threatened in Cotton Club toilets when I walked in on a deal and they thought I was an undercover cop. Apparently I looked like one back then. ? 

I was too pished to be bothered and to the guy to bog off as I was just in for a pish. Drink is a terrible thing. 

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

RB, 

Correct Jimmy. Most folk assume Paisley has just always been the way it is now.

It's a shame because it really was a belting night out in the early to mid 80s and as you say reversed the trend with folk coming from Glasgow to Paisley instead of the opposite.

RB, you must've just missed the good days. I left in 1986. On my regular trips home I continued to enjoy nights out in Paisley until about 89/90 but you could tell it was on the turn. I'd say by 1993 I'd stopped going out in Paisley unless it was just for a quiet pint somewhere. 

Nowadays I never go out there unless it's before/ after a St. Mirren game.