Whatever happened to the Hogmanay Bloodbath? - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Whatever happened to the Hogmanay Bloodbath?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Indeed it is. You can lie and attempt to rewrite history if you want though. 

You're very happy to sling insults about and call folk names but when someone does it to you you get faux offended and grass on them :lol: 

exactly, a liar and a mope

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, vanderark14 said:

are you going or not?

don't worry there will be plenty of anti rangers stuff for you to bubble about when you get back

sorry, going now.

Thanks, look forward to it.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Re the rangers story that's just a dull statement. It was the biggest story in Scottish football - why shouldn't I be interested? And what's that got to do with butting into thread replies just to have a go at someone? If you are going to reply to me trying to be smart/witty then fair enough but it wasn't anything to do with you.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your work is especially dull today.

Nothing wrong with being interested in it, i found the full thing hilarious. The number of posts from you on the subject was mental though. 

I forgot i needed to ask you before replying to threads. Never realised that you were such a sensitive soul. I'll remind you next time you pull somebody up for talking sh1te though. Doubt i'll need to wait long.

4 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Wow how did I miss this thread. Celtic and rangers fans congratulating each other on the achievement of avoiding kicking bits out of each other on a grand scale for a football match. Different perspectives and all that I guess.

We're not. Stop talking drivel. 

Everyone thought the timing of the game was dangerous as the average football fan in Scotland can't seem to go to a game unless alcohol is involved. 

Now a couple of folk have come on and said so what was all the fuss about. I don't see any congratulations anywhere. 

The more anti OF halwits are now trying to say it's pathetic being happy nothing happened. Typical cake and eat it mentality. 

Well done on joining in on your favourite subject again. We've been worried that you don't care any more. 

Bugger!  Just realised I've congratulated you and knackered my first point. ? 

22 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Everyone thought the timing of the game was dangerous as the average football fan in Scotland can't seem to go to a game unless alcohol is involved. 

Now a couple of folk have come on and said so what was all the fuss about. I don't see any congratulations anywhere. 

In hindsight, perhaps it was a master stroke by the spfl/police playing it on Hogmanay.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nothing wrong with being interested in it, i found the full thing hilarious. The number of posts from you on the subject was mental though. 

I forgot i needed to ask you before replying to threads. Never realised that you were such a sensitive soul. I'll remind you next time you pull somebody up for talking sh1te though. Doubt i'll need to wait long.

Didn't have you down as a post counter - generally your posts on here are quite good, but your attitude and animosity on this thread has been surprising. Why should it matter how many times someone posts. If you get involved in discussions you are interested then it's inevitable isn't it? 

There are many topics that I don't post anything in as I don't have sufficient interest in them. If you are talking total number of posts, yours far exceeds mine (which before now I have never even noticed) - so stick that fact in your post counter.

Likewise I'll remember to ask your permission before I comment on any topic not related to utd shall I. Some f@cking discussion board this will become then eh? 

I'm hardly sensitive but when people send needless, aggressive and stupid comments then I'm happy to respond.

30 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

In hindsight, perhaps it was a master stroke by the spfl/police playing it on Hogmanay.

For once the game wasn't the "main event" of the day and I think it made folk more concious of how much/if they were drinking.

It's not hard to see why people expected extra trouble though. If the teams had been closer in the title race it may well have been different but it was a strange kind of subdued atmosphere before and after

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

We're not. Stop talking drivel. 

The more anti OF halwits are now trying to say it's pathetic being happy nothing happened. Typical cake and eat it mentality. 

Well done on joining in on your favourite subject again. We've been worried that you don't care any more. 

Bugger!  Just realised I've congratulated you and knackered my first point. ? 

Hmmm..So out of all the posts on this thread you go after mine and no-one elses. You are worrying me now RB.

58 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It's either that or a really lucky choice. Maybe we need to trust the police a bit more. 

I also think the fact that it wasn't a contentious game in any way (compared to the usual OF games) helped it too. 

28 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

For once the game wasn't the "main event" of the day and I think it made folk more concious of how much/if they were drinking.

It's not hard to see why people expected extra trouble though. If the teams had been closer in the title race it may well have been different but it was a strange kind of subdued atmosphere before and after

I think you're right in that the game didn't actually matter. If the teams were closer or if one of the players had misbehaved I'm sure some rockets would have caused some kind of bother. 

22 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Hmmm..So out of all the posts on this thread you go after mine and no-one elses. You are worrying me now RB.

More deflection. 

You're post had the most hypocrisy dripping from every word. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

More deflection. 

You're post had the most hypocrisy dripping from every word.

deflection? Is this the new tamb favourite word or something. Wtf do you even mean by it? 

It was a genuine statement of concern and your reply means f@ck all to me really.

"Hipocrisy dripping from every word" ? What ? 

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

This post has accelerated.

I'll take that hook out of Shed's mooth.

Did that lad actually get stabbed in the Easter Road battle on Friday by the way or was that twitter pish?

Twitter pish. Hit by some object that knocked him out cold.

There is an odd antipathy swilling around that, I believe, results in some posters blindly reaching conclusions that don't follow the narrative; particularly prevalent when it comes to Rangers and Celtic related threads. I don't see anyone on here congratulating others and I think it would be wrong to say that trouble was not predicted so, on that basis, the thread has some merit albeit it could have been stated somewhat less sneeringly. Personally, I didn't experience any trouble at the game and nor did I experience any in my 'mixed' local pub after the game (which didn't feel the need to shut early, as some others apparently did). Entirely as it should be, albeit the police presence was notably larger than usual, which perhaps partly explains why ticket prices are so much greater for these games than others.

I reckon the authorities have inadvertently stumbled upon a decent date for an OF game, in hindsight. Priorities are elsewhere for many who have families or evening plans and therefore the game went by relatively quietly.