Patriotic Myth - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Patriotic Myth

How many times have we heard that the North of Scotland is where the patriotic Scots come from ? I have said it myself as I was brought up there and have now been proven wrong. Well when it came to the crunch they bottled it. The most patriot Scots are from Glasgow, Dundee, west Dunbarton and Croy shire. The proof is in the pudding. Doricland words fail me and to make matters worse it is an SNP stronghold !!!!

Like yermaw, I voted yes for a fairer more balanced Scotland. It wasn't a patriotic decision even though I knew in my heart it was absolutely the right thing to do. Some No voters will have done the same. It's the ones that voted for themselves I am really having a problem reconciling my feelings towards. Those who read nothing and listened to no one... well - it's open season. .... I will not hold back when I hear "how can they do this to us?"

How many times have we heard that the North of Scotland is where the patriotic Scots come from ? I have said it myself as I was brought up there and have now been proven wrong. Well when it came to the crunch they bottled it. The most patriot Scots are from Glasgow, Dundee, west Dunbarton and Croy shire. The proof is in the pudding. Doricland words fail me and to make matters worse it is an SNP stronghold !!!!

Look mate. I fear you're probably preaching to the converted on here. I'm sure the Aberdeenshire punters on here are just as disgusted with their people as you are. Just like I'm disgusted with the Renfrewshire punters and every council area other than the 4 you mention. Bully for you if you come from one if those 4. I'm pleased for you. Having a go at the NE or Highland punters on here won't achieve anything.

I think they'll definitely think twice about giving it the big we're the best Scots thing again without you telling them.

You have chosen to define a scottish patriot by a simple yes or no criteria. You need to now move on open your ears again, move the debate and realise that you do not own the right to define a patriot. Once you have done that you will start to recognise the common ground that you share with many that voted no. Indeed you may start to see some yes voters in a different light, shall I name a certain bus company owner...

I'm listening to Radio 5 now.

Yes/No voters in a debate in Dundee.

I'm literally 'cringing' at No voters saying this ''country'' and refering to Scotland when doing so.

They've made Scotland a region of the UK.

Back to darlings face to face debate Argument about school children knowing the flag, the capital city and the currency. Scotland has one of these a flag, but so does my town.

Ps What makes a capital city? Sod it what makes a country /state /nation for that matter?

You have chosen to define a scottish patriot by a simple yes or no criteria. You need to now move on open your ears again, move the debate and realise that you do not own the right to define a patriot. Once you have done that you will start to recognise the common ground that you share with many that voted no. Indeed you may start to see some yes voters in a different light, shall I name a certain bus company owner...

'Patriot'

noun

a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.

"a true patriot"

synonyms: nationalist, loyalist; More

antonyms: traitor

You could try the antonym for size?

Edited by redstevie007

I feel for you, dear boy.

I'm listening to Radio 5 now.

Yes/No voters in a debate in Dundee.

I'm literally 'cringing' at No voters saying this ''country'' and refering to Scotland when doing so.

The thing is now to hold your head up high.

You done the right thing and will unfortunately get stick for it.

Pass it off they are the real losers here frightened people mate

redstevie I know you piled your money on a yes vote and will be bitter, but hating your fellow countrymen is not a patriot

I piled more than money into it. For the record I don't hate you, I feel sorry for you as what's about to be dumped on our heads from Westminster is down to you and the other 55%. You'll need to live with that knowledge, although I'm sure you'll cope.

Edited by redstevie007