Plane crash with a brazilian football team on board - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Plane crash with a brazilian football team on board

16 minutes ago, Batzek-osemba said:

Tbh i never heard of that team before. Outside corinthians, Flamengo and Santos I dont really know that much of brazilian club football but it is heartbreaking. United 58 (i think) comes into my mind. 

sounds like a bit of a Gretna style story, they were in the 4th tier a few years ago, and had reached the final of the Sud Americana (South American europa league).

The other teams in the league have offered to lend them players free of charge for the foreseeable future and asked that they be protected from relegation for the next 3 years

Atletico National have also asked their fans to turn up at the time the game was due to be played dressed in white

Very sad indeed

Love to see how these devastating incidents always (often) bring out nice and good characteristics mankind seems to have buried deep within. Be it donations, prayers, condolences, sympathy, help etc. Great to see, that there seems to be a common sense in mankind which can overlay egoism and grief...at least for some time.

Its not all lost

Ps.please dont say it aint so.

On 29/11/2016 at 1:37 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Atletico Nacional have asked to award the final to Chapecoense :(

On 29/11/2016 at 10:00 PM, Ally Bongo said:

The other teams in the league have offered to lend them players free of charge for the foreseeable future and asked that they be protected from relegation for the next 3 years

Atletico National have also asked their fans to turn up at the time the game was due to be played dressed in white

Very sad indeed

Havent had the chance to read much about this but both the above posts have made me think there is some good in the world still. 

Such a sad sad incident, a whole club and its staff gone basically :(

2 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Reading the plane ran out of fuel, and that they had planned to land in Northern Bolivia to refuel on the way but the airport had closed for the evening....

Heard the bit about fuel but not an airport closing, ffs shocking