"Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" element of fans has to go - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"Bonnie Scotland we'll support you ever more" element of fans has to go

clarky1606

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Parklife said:

You're having a go at me for being a contrarian, because you disagree with something i have agreed with? 

:lol: 

You have a trait.

You disagree with what you think the majority of people on the board would agree with. And you agree with what you think the majority of people on the board would disagree with.

And you've been doing it for a long, long time.

An attention-seeking contrarian. {smiley face}

25 minutes ago, Admin4 said:

Nothing to do with truth hurting.

Taken in isolation there may be some merit in the post. But Alan's a troll - and he's been at it for a long time.

Maybe on other things on this board but his post in this case is 100% bang on the money.

Can you not voice an opinion without being a troll?

26 minutes ago, Admin4 said:

You have a trait.

You disagree with what you think the majority of people on the board would agree with. And you agree with what you think the majority of people on the board would disagree with.

And you've been doing it for a long, long time.

An attention-seeking contrarian. {smiley face}

Complete pish. 

I don't even consider "what the majority of people on the board would agree with". If you think i give a shite about what 95% of the folk on here think then you're mistaken. 

Interesting to see you haven't actually raised a counter point to Alan's post, merely attempted to play the man... Merely highlights that he's touched a nerve with you and you don't have a decent counter argument. :lol:  

28 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Complete pish. 

I don't even consider "what the majority of people on the board would agree with". If you think i give a shite about what 95% of the folk on here think then you're mistaken. 

Interesting to see you haven't actually raised a counter point to Alan's post, merely attempted to play the man... Merely highlights that he's touched a nerve with you and you don't have a decent counter argument. :lol:  

:lol:

Come on, Admin 4. Holding opinions that happen to run counter to those of the majority doesn't make someone a contrarian, nor necessarily a troll. What it does do is give life to a message board. A contrarian is someone who'll change their opinions purely to run counter to those with whom they're debating - I've never seen either Parklife or Alan do that ...

Trolling

Admin4

By Admin4 
11/17/2016

We're calling Open Season on trolling. There are a myriad of Tartan Army Facebook pages for trolls to practice their art. Although some ban more people than a very banny thing.

Trolling can be hard to describe, but generally, you know it when you see it.

There might be some collateral damage - apologies in advance.

Are you hoping to ban some people, Admin4? 

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Trolling

Admin4

By Admin4 
11/17/2016

We're calling Open Season on trolling. There are a myriad of Tartan Army Facebook pages for trolls to practice their art. Although some ban more people than a very banny thing.

Trolling can be hard to describe, but generally, you know it when you see it.

There might be some collateral damage - apologies in advance.

Are you hoping to ban some people, Admin4? 

Absolutely not. Banning people is an absolute last resort and in some ways shows a failure of Moderating.

Unless they're previously banned posters.

Ill be honest, I thought Alan's post was pretty fair - I just couldn't be bothered posting as much because almost every other post he makes he comes across as a complete dobber. :P

But there is a lot of truth in it. Rather than sticking our head in the sand, it's about time some folk realise what we've become. 

10 minutes ago, northernscum said:

This thread seems to have taken a sinister turn!

Looks like there may be a purge on the way, which seems a bit bizarre in the extreme. 

Maybe this should become a "single viewpoint forum", could be the next big thing in social media!:blink:

Don't be ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Ill be honest, I thought Alan's post was pretty fair - I just couldn't be bothered posting as much because almost every other post he makes he comes across as a complete dobber. :P

But there is a lot of truth in it. Rather than sticking our head in the sand, it's about time some folk realise what we've become. 

Indeed. It was a fair assessment of what has become obvious to quite a % of Scotland supporters. 

13 minutes ago, Admin4 said:

Absolutely not. Banning people is an absolute last resort and in some ways shows a failure of Moderating.

Unless they're previously banned posters.

Good stuff :ok: 

Alan is correct how else can you explain this scenario.

Pub in Bratislava blasting out Ally's Tartan Army, fans dancing on tables and chairs.

Two hours after we lost 3-0!  Think it was a WESTA party?

My crowd are finished leave away trips to the Feathers and ATAC disciples.

13 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Pub in Bratislava blasting out Ally's Tartan Army, fans dancing on tables and chairs.

Would that not be more of a bandwagon element (over on a stag/rugby supporters) doing that rather than regular Scottish supporters that travel to aways?

We had the same type of gobshites in France dancing in bins after Belgium hockeyed us :mad:

2 minutes ago, irish said:

Would that not be more of a bandwagon element (over on a stag/rugby supporters) doing that rather than regular Scottish supporters that travel to aways?

We had the same type of gobshites in France dancing in bins after Belgium hockeyed us :mad:

No this is some regular travellers who party no matter what the result is. Ok if we had been unlucky or good but we were toothless and inept.

33 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Should have stayed in Travana with the elite. Post-match was silent angry drinking. The way it should be.

3 hours ago, Alan said:

The fans have got the team they deserve.

The Tartan Army has became a drinking club. People aged +40. Disposable income. Chance to dress up and act daft. The self congratulations and insular patting on the back peaked after Gibralter with 10k+ holiday makers cheering failure and wallowing in decades of lowered standards.

Look at the threads on here. Football in minority with the rest talking about pubs, "who did you meet?" and pre and post match "perty".

I'm amazed how many people on here do not attend club games, do not support Scottish football minus their Scotland "stag do" trips, some only go to away games instead of Hampden. Even when ATAC meet with the SFA it was about quality of pies and stewards shepherding drunks to their seats instead of indoor facilities, youths, culture of the game.

When you look around and realise everyone is dressed the same, singing the same songs for 2 decades and many with limited knowledge of the players who watch all their football via Super Sunday on Sky Sports you know it needs refreshed. Sack the SFA? Sack the Tartan Army.

You make one decent point about clapping the team after another failed campaign but then go on to slag off the TA based on your rather boring and well aired prejudices.

What exactly is wrong with people meeting friends and arranging to have a party? FFS last time I checked it was supposed to be a leisure activity and enjoying yourself was actually the whole fhucking point. And gee maybe folk have concentrated on that more and more as the football got worse and worse. Are they all supposed to stand there with a serious expression on their face and a furrowed brow until the team improves magically somehow. 

As for club football in Scotland. Aye total mystery that one I mean how could anyone get cheesed off with that perpetual one or if you are lucky two horse race. And that is before you get to the prices, the stewards and the quality of the product on the pitch.

Lastly the songs - this seems to be modern phenomenon in football. One guy I know who goes to a lot of Liverpool games told me recently when someone tries to start a song mostly the folk around them just turn and stare at them (in almost disbelief). It is a funny thing what has happened and I wonder if it can be traced to the all seater change. 

I'm with Admin 4. Usual anti scotland (fan this time) pish from Alan with one decent (borrowed) point to give it an air of legitimacy. Trolltastic work from Al.

edit: As it is for most people your greatest strength can also be your greatest weakness and for the TA it is loyalty.

Edited by thplinth

35 minutes ago, teecee- said:

That's almost exactly the same as my crowd that i've traveled with for almost 15 years.

If we lose i try my hardest to get away from a pub full of Scotland fans, some of these folk sing non stop in pubs and couldn't tell you what support was whilst in the stadium.

I find myself trying to avoid large gathering of Scotland fans on trips, much rather mingle with the locals. Now of the view what's the point? Team are p1sh, support full of roasters more interested in dressing up/flashing/delete where applicable. 

Folk keep saying it's the big game that attract these folk, i disagree. I think some of the worst offenders are the self titled elite. 

At least when you to club football you are sitting/standing with guys who have a clue about football. More and more you find yourslef surrounded by folk at Scotland games that don't even seem interested about the main reason they are  meant to be there for.