No booze ban on trains - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

No booze ban on trains

Squirrelhumper

12 minutes ago, Dairbee said:

Plus Wembley look to be selling beer at the game. 

Id assumed that would be a no no, and I know it will be expensive dishwater, but its an option for a few beers pre game for those picking up tickets or those getting to the ground early. 

There won't be beer sold in the stadium concourses. 

Just now, KennyMiller said:

There is.

There was last time also. Managed 5 before kick off.

There is at some events and not at others. I had pleanty at the NFL last weekend, for example. 

It was my understanding that Alcohol was restricted to hospitality areas at FIFA and UEFA games and couldn't be sold to the masses? 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

There is at some events and not at others. I had pleanty at the NFL last weekend, for example. 

It was my understanding that Alcohol was restricted to hospitality areas at FIFA and UEFA games and couldn't be sold to the masses? 

You may have me there. Last time was a friendly.

Would like to know as I was planning on getting in to the stadium at around half 6 to avoid a rush nearer kick off.

20 minutes ago, Butthead said:

They'd be daft not to. 13K buying one 5 quid is £65k. Nice little earner. 

It'll be switched to non-alcoholic beer.

What Parklife is saying about alcohol is true, but as the FA have came out and said they're ignoring FIFA, who knows what'll happen?

8 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

There'll be a tweet in a few days along the lines of

After consultation with police forces up and down the country, the decision to allow alcohol on trains has been reversed

If you're lucky. If you're getting on at a main station you're likely to find out as you get stopped heading through the barriers.

Just now, DoonTheSlope said:

If people can't go a few hours without a drink then I suggest they stay on the train and keep on heading south till they reach Southampton. It's not Wembley they should be going to it's the Priory clinic

You'lll be allowed booze on trains to Southampton.

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If people can't go a few hours without a drink then I suggest they stay on the train and keep on heading south till they reach Southampton. It's not Wembley they should be going to it's the Priory clinic

Are you confusing "wanting to have a drink" with "needing to have a drink"? 

I'd like to get a pint in the ground, if i don't then it's not going to spoil my evening. I had a few beers when i was at the NFL at wembley a few weeks back. Did i need them? No. Did it enhance my enjoyment? Yes. 

13 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Despite what i and others had heard, Virgin have just confirmed alcohol will be served on their trains on Friday from 11am as usual.

Better not be . I'm in first class for the complimentary drinks . 

12 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

There'll be a tweet in a few days along the lines of

After consultation with police forces up and down the country, the decision to allow alcohol on trains has been reversed

Is that with or without poppies stamped on the glasses/bottles ?