Scottish cup weekend - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup weekend

35 minutes ago, TGP said:

Yes I did.

I'm not and never have been a victim. You however appear to be a victim of your own narrowmindedness and hatred so much so that you immediately miss the intended point of a post and become abusing.

Sad reflection.

If there is an anti-Rangers bias here then I'll leave if you or others would prefer.

"Narrowmindedness" because i called you out for attempting to equate "Hun" and "taig"? Nope. Absolute nonsense. You'd be better just admitting it was daft to do it and we could all move on.

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

"Narrowmindedness" because i called you out for attempting to equate "Hun" and "taig"? Nope. Absolute nonsense. You'd be better just admitting it was daft to do it and we could all move on.

I didn't intend to equate as I've already stated, whether you think it or not. I saw something I didn't think was right and I commented on it.

Looks like the order of things here, based upon club allegiances, is sacrosanct (hence the vitriol towards me) so maybe best for me to move on, I'll discuss Scotland matters elsewhere and I'll leave you to it here.

7 minutes ago, TGP said:

I didn't intend to equate as I've already stated, whether you think it or not. I saw something I didn't think was right and I commented on it.

Looks like the order of things here, based upon club allegiances, is sacrosanct (hence the vitriol towards me) so maybe best for me to move on, I'll discuss Scotland matters elsewhere and I'll leave you to it here.

You've played a bliner with the victim card but it doesn't wash. 

There are plenty rangers fans on here, most seem like reasonable minded individuals and you will find that most on here are scotland fans and couldn't care less which team you support.

This thread is a fucking embarrassment. Just because someone makes a comment that is interpreted incorrectly by those who have a very defined view on a specific club its OK to drop to personal abuse. 

Then the old circular argument pish of "playing the victim" is rolled out to protect the incorrect viewpoints instead of accepting the poster at their word. 

It's not the OP that started any personal abuse nor have they expressed any bigoted views, quite the opposite. 

If the other posters on here can't see the faults in their own behaviour then they are probably the ones who need to join Follow Follow or their club equivalent. That way their narrow opinions will only be backed up and not questioned. 

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43303804

Steve Clarke wants Mcinnes to answer for his comments about killie's penalty. :lol:

Quite right too. How very DARE he besmirch our good name ? Clarke rag-dolled him tactically on Saturday and has him in his back pocket in the media exchanges. McInnes can only dream of being as wonderful as our glorious leader Sir Steve Clarke :wub:

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This thread is a fucking embarrassment. Just because someone makes a comment that is interpreted incorrectly by those who have a very defined view on a specific club its OK to drop to personal abuse. 

Then the old circular argument pish of "playing the victim" is rolled out to protect the incorrect viewpoints instead of accepting the poster at their word. 

It's not the OP that started any personal abuse nor have they expressed any bigoted views, quite the opposite. 

If the other posters on here can't see the faults in their own behaviour then they are probably the ones who need to join Follow Follow or their club equivalent. That way their narrow opinions will only be backed up and not questioned. 

Nope. Someone, as has been pointed out, made a false equivalence. They were called a scumbag for it and it pointed out that those kind of equivalencies and the mindsets they show, are why bigotry has thrived at RFC for over a generation. 

You can just make up that folk are narrowminded and offer no evidence to support that view (you're pretty handy at throwing around slurs with fuck all evidence), if you want. You just look like a dafty doing so though. 

19 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Quite right too. How very DARE he besmirch our good name ? Clarke rag-dolled him tactically on Saturday and has him in his back pocket in the media exchanges. McInnes can only dream of being as wonderful as our glorious leader Sir Steve Clarke :wub:

I can see why Killie fans love him, right now I would have him over but he is yet to get the better of Aberdeen..............................i think that will change next week and you will have a trip to hampden against Motherwell coming up

Seriously though folks ......... Clarke quite right to pick up McInnes. Accuses our guy of diving, I would expect him to stick up for us, if only to mitigate any psychological plant McInnes is attempting for the replay, regarding the match officials.

Thought second half tactics were spot on, as well as substitutions. I do worry that we are riding our luck a bit too much. As enjoyable a ride as it has been, we are vulnerable defensively, and have been really lucky to make so many comebacks. Not knocking the character, mental strength, organisation etc, just that a lot of other sides have had as much if not more of the game than us recently, and I think we will be lucky to make top 6, and will probably lose next Tuesday.

16 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Seriously though folks ......... Clarke quite right to pick up McInnes. Accuses our guy of diving, I would expect him to stick up for us, if only to mitigate any psychological plant McInnes is attempting for the replay, regarding the match officials.

Thought second half tactics were spot on, as well as substitutions. I do worry that we are riding our luck a bit too much. As enjoyable a ride as it has been, we are vulnerable defensively, and have been really lucky to make so many comebacks. Not knocking the character, mental strength, organisation etc, just that a lot of other sides have had as much if not more of the game than us recently, and I think we will be lucky to make top 6, and will probably lose next Tuesday.

It was definitely a penalty. Jones checked his run and Logan was daft enough to run right in to the back of him. 

22 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Why was Mulumbu not playing at the weekend? Is he not your Viera/Pogba/Iniesta figure? 😉

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Nope. Someone, as has been pointed out, made a false equivalence. They were called a scumbag for it and it pointed out that those kind of equivalencies and the mindsets they show, are why bigotry has thrived at RFC for over a generation. 

You can just make up that folk are narrowminded and offer no evidence to support that view (you're pretty handy at throwing around slurs with fuck all evidence), if you want. You just look like a dafty doing so though. 

The evidence is in the posts Parky. The OP clearly stated he wasn't saying the terms were equivalent and as has also been pointed out not everyone thought that was the intention. So it wasn't clear at all. 

The name calling was completely unnecessary and frankly pathetic. It is possible to disagree without resorting to childish nonsense. 

Attempting to equate the posts on here to the bigotry that ran Rangers for generations is also utter fantasy. You're normally far better at arguing your corner than this. I think that proves you know you're wrong. 

Just now, killiefaetheferry said:

Injured. And he is our Messiah figure. Hopefully he'll be back, as well as Tshibola.

How did he get injured if he's the Messiah? Maybe he's just a naughty boy instead? 😀 

30 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The evidence is in the posts Parky. The OP clearly stated he wasn't saying the terms were equivalent and as has also been pointed out not everyone thought that was the intention. So it wasn't clear at all. 

The name calling was completely unnecessary and frankly pathetic. It is possible to disagree without resorting to childish nonsense. 

Attempting to equate the posts on here to the bigotry that ran Rangers for generations is also utter fantasy. You're normally far better at arguing your corner than this. I think that proves you know you're wrong. 

Nope. He claimed he wasn't doing it AFTER I pulled him up for doing it. 

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nope. He claimed he wasn't doing it AFTER I pulled him up for doing it. 

Because it was clear, in his mind, what he'd posted. We're not all perfect like you and get our meaning nailed on in every post. 

Just now, slasher said:

Sunday at 2:30 for the Glasgow derby 👍

Police Scotland won't be happy 

At least it means I'll get out of an afternoon getting dragged around Braehead. 😀