Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Before any other comedian does it

Ken Doadds deid

Is he?

Naw Doady

Fuck knows what's meant to funny about that but hopefully now he's deid that's the last we'll hear of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Before any other comedian does it

Ken Doadds deid

Is he?

Naw Doady

Fuck knows what's meant to funny about that but hopefully now he's deid that's the last we'll hear of it

You are not telling it right

"Did you hear that Ken Dodd died"

"Did he ?"

"No .. Doddy"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Before any other comedian does it

Ken Doadds deid

Is he?

Naw Doady

Fuck knows what's meant to funny about that but hopefully now he's deid that's the last we'll hear of it

That's one of my favourite jokes of all time. 

On a par with trying to sell somebody a dukdoo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

That's one of my favourite jokes of all time. 

On a par with trying to sell somebody a dukdoo.

 

I like that one, that probably is my favourite 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC Radio 4 Extra plays all the old shows from the 60s including The Ken Dodd Show

It's really not funny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He must be pushing 90 now, but just a few months ago I saw the Bournemouth Pavilion advertising his FOUR HOUR long show...

 

Four bloody hours???

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

He must be pushing 90 now, but just a few months ago I saw the Bournemouth Pavilion advertising his FOUR HOUR long show...

 

Four bloody hours???

He takes a lot of shutting up. I'd heard when he played the Glasgow Pavilion a few years back he was on stage til around midnight. He told the audience he didn't mind if anybody had to leave they were welcome to go home.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is said that when Ken Dodd is on stage at theatre the theatre manager throws him the keys and asks him to lock up. He is notorious for looonnggg shows running into the wee small hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Ok you can have your moment....

Nah your awright :spin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only seen/heard bits and pieces from him (An Audience With... for example) and to be honest I thought a lot of it was clever rather than funny.

 

Going back to my previous post about the advert promising a 4 hour long show last year and the long tours; I must admit I was intrigued by that...

Intrigued at how he could have 4 hours of fresh material and intrigued at who his audience might be; a loyal, long-term-fan audience was my conclusion.

 

Dara O'Brian tweeted today that he had attended one of Dodd's shows and it was 5 hours long (!)  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he was about as funny as Bob Monkhouse and Miranda put together. Was banged to rights from the evidence in his tax evasion trial but a scouse jury refused to convict him  - much like Gerrard got away with his assault. So the establishment give him a knighthood as well. Getting loads of arse licking pish on the North West of England news the night

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I'm going to have to get myself another joke. I've been using that one for about 40 years now.

Have you tried the dukdoo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, irnbruman said:

he was about as funny as Bob Monkhouse and Miranda put together. Was banged to rights from the evidence in his tax evasion trial but a scouse jury refused to convict him  - much like Gerrard got away with his assault. So the establishment give him a knighthood as well. Getting loads of arse licking pish on the North West of England news the night

it was around that time he got two new diddymen, diddypay and diddyfeck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×