25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The tandoori is decent too :ok:

The echt show is to be avoided for outsiders though, it always ends in a battle royal :lol:

my cousins normally in past, been show chairmen, & treasurer - likely still the same

i used to help out on bar @ the show  - busy though - & fermers only drink Grouse - used to be standing joke 

16 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I'm never far from your thoughts. What can I say? They don't call me the housewives choice for nothing 

‘Fish’wives choice , more like 🙂

13 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Anywhere west o'  Bishy & Linwood and south o' The Port and your posh <_<

Were you Anna McCurley? :ph34r:

I had to google her, ffs what age do you think I am, I was too busy strutting along to Saturday Night Fever at Toledo Junction in her day. 

I was brought up in Glenburn and Foxbar in Paisley, and am the perfect example of ‘you can take the girl out of Paisley ‘ 😊

It might depend how much they wanted to access cultural things like https://www.goethe.de/ins/gb/en/sta/gla.html or things like bier halles http://republicbierhalle.com/  in Glasgow... rather being isolated in some overgrown village the wrong side of Barrhead

Or if you didn't mind being away from the city, or if you came from the middle of a flat northern German plain you might like a bit of west highland coastal scenery... could do worse than a Helensburgh or Rhu, fast train to Glasgow, hop over the Erskine bridge to GLA.

And of course best access to international-level football

Edited by exile

51 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Isle of Skye.. No contest..Everytime Im over, I spend a couple days in Skye. My favorite place in earth....

.........and no major airport.

Read the question Ramy 🙄😊

18 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Are you a headmistress? 

😂 No. 

Though I do remember playing ‘schools’ with my dolls as a wee girl and screaming at them. One day I even cut all their hair off,  I was so angry. 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Are you a headmistress? 

Tidier has enough admirers on here without you adding to our fantasies. :wub:

Republic Bier Halle on Gordon St.  Serving authentic German pizzas for 18 years.  As authentic as Albannach Bar on Leicester Square.

1 hour ago, Alan said:

I bought Ally McCoists old home.

Really? Or have I been wooshed? 🙂 If not, is it his old old house  or the one near the golf course? He has had 2 houses in BOW.   I havent seen him about for ages so not sure if he still lives here.

30 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Head Teacher these days. Same as we cannae say 'linesman' any more :lol:

If he had asked if i was a linesman he would be in the recetly dug hole in my garden,  for sure. 

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

If he had asked if i was a linesman he would be in the recetly dug hole in my garden,  for sure. 

That's a bit harsh. Also, if you put him straight into the hole, how is he going to be able to explain the offside rule to you ?

2 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

That's a bit harsh. Also, if you put him straight into the hole, how is he going to be able to explain the offside rule to you ?

Watch it, the  plot is big enough for two 💀

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Head Teacher these days. Same as we cannae say 'linesman' any more :lol:

Pffft.... Principal. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Of course, if he shouted the explanation loud enough, you could probably hear him from your kitchen.

😂 

Believe it or not I have just finished sharpening knives in that said kitchen.