Hutton Retires - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hutton Retires

Rab The Crab

Decent enough player on his early days at rangers and in 07 with scotland.but he had to be one of the luckiest footballers alive to have made the amount of money he has from the game,considered his actual ability.

6 minutes ago, allyc said:

Decent enough player on his early days at rangers and in 07 with scotland.but he had to be one of the luckiest footballers alive to have made the amount of money he has from the game,considered his actual ability.

Darren Mackie has the title of the luckiest player ever.

1 hour ago, allyc said:

Agreed. I'm hoping the performance schools automatically  churn out players with good technical ability (there's no secret, it only needs practice) and if some of them have the athleticism of Hutton then they'll be genuinely good players.

12 hours ago, Radian said:

Was a decent player in his younger days seems a sensible decision......forced by circumstance mind.

Here is your opinion on Brown:

'Retired from Internationals as can't be ####ed but shock horror wants to play at Wembley.  Taking away how poor a campaign we've had I think it's a disgrace he is allowed to walk straight back in just for one game.  I'd have no problem if it was a genuine comeback and he plays the rest of the campaign but just can't help feel Scot Brown feels he is bigger than Scotland and we are playing to his tune!'

One player allowed to retire but not another. Shockingly your interests list 'Rangers'

Not a huge surprise really. Hasn't been a regular at club level for a while (I see he has played more recently) and is the 'wrong side' of 30. It is a bit of a shame though that we have a number of left sided full backs and only one at right back now.

Think the Sunday Mail are being a bit harsh, saying he's turning his back on his country in our hour of need, considering the outpouring of grief when Brown made the same decision a few months ago.

1 hour ago, Mcfadden11 said:

'Retired from Internationals as can't be ####ed but shock horror wants to play at Wembley.  Taking away how poor a campaign we've had I think it's a disgrace he is allowed to walk straight back in just for one game.  I'd have no problem if it was a genuine comeback and he plays the rest of the campaign but just can't help feel Scot Brown feels he is bigger than Scotland and we are playing to his tune!'

One player allowed to retire but not another. Shockingly your interests list 'Rangers'

He's no moaning about Brown retiring though, he's moaning (rightly) about him swanning back in when he feels like it. 

I really do love how opinions change on here.

Around the time of McLeish's reign Hutton was widely being labelled on here as the White Cafu without any berating. Now he is seen as talentless making money for being crap. :wacko:

Whatever.

Why must it always be white or black? By that I mean why do players either get legend status or complete crap. Miller is another one labelled this way and it is pathetic. Both Miller and Hutton were great servants for us and could go back in time to likes of Gary McAllister etc etc. They served our country with pride.

1 hour ago, Mcfadden11 said:

Clearly you've seen i'm a Rangers fan and your hatred of Rangers has stopped your ability to read clearly or understand simple English text.  I'll try to explain in simpler terms for you pal :) .....

I've no problem with Brown retiring.  If he wants to retire to prolong his career fair do's.....my problem is (like I said) if it's a genuine comeback I'm all for it.

My problem is folk who retire, play no part in any other game but then decide they fancy the big away game in the group i.e Wembley.  Which to me kind of feels brown thinks he is bigger than Scotland and we play to his tune.

I love the fact you read my profile, very cute.  Next time actually read what's written before making an idiot of yourself eh.

Edited by Radian

41 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

He's no moaning about Brown retiring though, he's moaning (rightly) about him swanning back in when he feels like it. 

Good to see not everyone on here is a dunce :) and understands what I meant.  He seen I'm a Rangers fan so the hysteria of that, he lost all commin sense and ability to read!!

One of the luckiest players alive. For a very ordinary, lazy player he made a fortune out of the game. One of the best bits of business Rangers did when selling him on to Spurs for millions.

14 minutes ago, ianp said:

One of the luckiest players alive. For a very ordinary, lazy player he made a fortune out of the game. One of the best bits of business Rangers did when selling him on to Spurs for millions.

He was an outstanding player at the time of that transfer. 

46 minutes ago, ianp said:

I can't remember that, but can remember the boo boys at Ibrox gave him a rough time.

He was a boo boy target when he first appeared, but I'm sure he got a bad injury and when he came back he was a different player. Never seen such improvement in a player. Then redknapp bought him and was dishing out comparisons to bale at the time. The guy had plenty faults but I've always felt the level of abuse/criticism he took on here was way, way over the top. I don't think being an ex-rangers player did him any favours in that respect and I'm no rangers fan. I'd rather he was in the squad for sure.

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Is this after being left out of the squad? If so I can understand his disappointment but we still probably need him, hardly awash with defenders and if Paterson gets injured there's basically nobody else 

That's true.  Hutton's best years are surely behind him but in the meantime we are short of numbers at right-back.  Russell Martin can play there, but that would mean taking him out of central defence, our weakest position.  Maybe one of the left-backs could fill in!

1 hour ago, Paulo2576 said:

He was a boo boy target when he first appeared, but I'm sure he got a bad injury and when he came back he was a different player. Never seen such improvement in a player. Then redknapp bought him and was dishing out comparisons to bale at the time. The guy had plenty faults but I've always felt the level of abuse/criticism he took on here was way, way over the top. I don't think being an ex-rangers player did him any favours in that respect and I'm no rangers fan. I'd rather he was in the squad for sure.

Was it not Juande Ramos who signed him?  I mind Redknapp really took a scunner to him for some reason and didn't play him for ages ... and then started to ... and then sold him.

4 minutes ago, scotlad said:

That's true.  Hutton's best years are surely behind him but in the meantime we are short of numbers at right-back.  Russell Martin can play there, but that would mean taking him out of central defence, our weakest position.  Maybe one of the left-backs could fill in!

Was it not Juande Ramos who signed him?  I mind Redknapp really took a scunner to him for some reason and didn't play him for ages ... and then started to ... and then sold him.

I think his lack of technique was exposed. 

Hutton was a good player who gave his all for Scotland. When he was at Spurs he (imo) looked decent until a horror injury from Ashley Cole (I think) and really struggled for form after that. I thought his playing days looked over when he started at Villa, especially when he was told to train with youth players. Once he was loaned out to Mallorca I thought we had the Hutton of old back for us, shame he couldn't stay there permanently. 

Disappointed that he's retired especially after being shown loyalty from Strachan when not playing first team football, but I guess the there's no such thing anymore