Switching to the women - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Switching to the women

thewelk

I've decided to stop with the mens team (broken record on here this week I know...) and divert my cash and support to the women's team, who appear to deserve it a bit more.

The men don't appear to give a toss (most of them can't even be arsed singing the anthem), they're millionaires off the back of a very mediocre level of sporting ability (some of them are even fat) and it costs a shitload to watch them. F#ck that.

The women, on the other hand, are actually achieving things now and they deserve our support (being the best fans on the world and all that...). So shouldn't we all save up the money we would have spent travelling to see the men and head on mass to the women's euros next year? 

I know the SFA will still get our money from supporting the women's team but at least there would be some deserved investment in a set up thay appears to be working.

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

10 outta 11 sang last night. 

#justsaying

I noticed that too, not exactly belting it out (apart from our captain), but at least a token effort. Must have worn themselves out with all that singing though

See this argument about the national anthem, does anyone really think there is a direct correlation between the singing of the national anthem and our ability to score more than the opposition? 

I wouldn't sing it either if I was playing but it doesn't mean I wouldn't want to be there. There are plenty of reasons to give up on the national side, but the national team not singing along to some shitty old tune isn't one of them.

Edit to say the their millionaires pish is laughable as well. Their employers paysthem what they see fit, simple as that.

Edited by Mox

5 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

I noticed that too, not exactly belting it out (apart from our captain), but at least a token effort. Must have worn themselves out with all that singing though

Pretty much word for word what I said watching it. 

There's something about the cohesion and passion of a team that all sing the anthem that is linked to the performance. And that can lead to scoring more goals.

Look at the welsh and iclandic teams at the euros.

Edited by thewelk

37 minutes ago, thewelk said:

There's something about the cohesion and passion of a team that all sing the anthem that is linked to the performance. And that can lead to scoring more goals.

You're at it.

2 hours ago, thewelk said:

:lol: Got to be ripping the pish! 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Obviously team cohesion is an advantage, but is in no way linked to whether 11 guys belt out a national anthem

11 guys belting it out in unison is at least a good indicator of cohesion and can probably create it too. Doesn't do any harm anyway. Probably does good. We don't even give ourselves that very simple advantage because we're the only country in the world where singing the anthem is ridiculed by and embarrassing for half of the population .

2 minutes ago, thewelk said:

11 guys belting it out in unison is at least a good indicator of cohesion and can probably create it too. Doesn't do any harm anyway. Probably does good. We don't even give ourselves that very simple advantage because we're the only country in the world where singing the anthem is ridiculed by and embarrassing for half of the population .

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

15 hours ago, thewelk said:

Nope. Absolutely not. We ve been having that discussion here as well and its evidence proven, that it s not linked at all. For example: 1972 and 1974 winners teams and 2014 teams few/no player sang(not only the ones with a mixed ethnic Background like Özil, Boateng ) but did well on pitch. 

And then you have Spain 2008-2012(ok joking..).

It is all about good footballers and passion for the game and comradery in the team! Dont force any national feelings upon them. Just my opinion: id rather have a great team of 11 silently standing players than 11 melodramatic überpatriots whose legs are shaking and tears are running. Thinking of brazilian team 2014 still makes me cringe.