This Weekends Games - Page 79 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

That makes no sense at all, there wasn't a bad challenge in the game yesterday, which is surprising, as Hearts are normally quite a physical and cynical side.

No, that makes perfect sense. Unless you're you or Mark McGhee.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Mox said:

It was a honking decision, however if you had seen our last two games against Hearts and Aberdeen, you would know that the refs are not good enough to be biased towards Celtic. Our players were kicked all over the park in the last two games and both teams received a grand total of four bookings across both games. Never the less, todays decision by Thompson was awful, but he's been a dreadful referee for as long as I can remember.

I've heard it all now!!  You do realise Scott Brown is permitted on average 5 fouls before he even gets spoken to? He fouled Maddison 6 times himself in the first 30 minutes of the final.  Not saying there's any cheating as such but if you honestly don't think that you get the rub of the "green" more than others you need to open your eyes.

Thompson should be suspended for that performance (he should have been binned a long time ago).   

Edited by SMcoolJ

I still am in awe of the incompetence of that display yesterday. This sticks in ma craw but i agree wi Chris Sutton...

https://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/scottish-premiership/scottish-referees-go-war-bt-sport-chris-sutton-punditry/

Brother Thomson did well

21 hours ago, Ormond said:

Two stonewall penalties denied for Saints. One given against us when we are leading. Paranoid right enough.

Neither was stonewall.

Boyata didn't touch the Saints player, as the replays showed. Brown's "had contact" but that didn't make it a penalty, the saints player didn't need to go down.

Celtic's penalty should never have been given, it wasn't a handball, and even if it was then it was never delibarate. Craig Thomson should be demoted as a punishment. Complete guesswork from him.

5 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Neither was stonewall.

Boyata didn't touch the Saints player, as the replays showed. Brown's "had contact" but that didn't make it a penalty, the saints player didn't need to go down.

We watching the same game? :blink:

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Then I suggest you study the rules of the game then.

I don't need to, thanks.

Certainly not on the suggestion of someone who is whinging about bias after St Johnstone were allowed to kick feck out of Kieran Tierney a fortnight ago.

Just now, Reevesy said:

I don't need to, thanks.

Certainly not on the suggestion of someone who is whinging about bias after St Johnstone were allowed to kick feck out of Kieran Tierney a fortnight ago.

After watching Swanson being booted soft at every opportunity yesterday, your opinion is invalid.

Just now, Ormond said:

After watching Swanson being booted soft at every opportunity yesterday, your opinion is invalid.

No my opinion differs from yours, but it's not invalid.

Sounds like you're actually agreeing that there isn't bias then.

1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

No my opinion differs from yours, but it's not invalid.

Sounds like you're actually agreeing that there isn't bias then.

Of course there's bias. It's Scotland FFS. The place where two teams and two teams alone have existed since the dawn of time. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Of course there's bias. It's Scotland FFS. The place where two teams and two teams alone have existed since the dawn of time. :rolleyes:

That's right. A non Glasgow side has never benefited from a horrendous decision that changed the match in their favour.

In fact, I must have imagined Inverness winning the Scottish cup 2 years ago.

Edited by Reevesy

Reevesy put the ball on the other foot... no not the left one.. If it had been a Celtic player would you not be screaming for a penalty... Brown made contact with the player and not the ball whilst attempting to play it. anywhere else that's a foul. The other incident was a player being pushed to the deck whilst the ball was in flight... Yer man blows up to have it retaken and gives the Celtic player a finger wag..

Then the less said about that penalty the better... If the roles were reversed we would have carnage and an outcry that would be on par or if not more to the Willie Young incident.. mind that one? where the refs went on strike

Must admit hate it when SKY pitch up at McDairmid as most times the fool in the black makes a complete rick of the management of the game. 

34 minutes ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

Reevesy put the ball on the other foot... no not the left one.. If it had been a Celtic player would you not be screaming for a penalty... Brown made contact with the player and not the ball whilst attempting to play it. anywhere else that's a foul. The other incident was a player being pushed to the deck whilst the ball was in flight... Yer man blows up to have it retaken and gives the Celtic player a finger wag..

Then the less said about that penalty the better... If the roles were reversed we would have carnage and an outcry that would be on par or if not more to the Willie Young incident.. mind that one? where the refs went on strike

Must admit hate it when SKY pitch up at McDairmid as most times the fool in the black makes a complete rick of the management of the game. 

I would probably have shouted for a penalty had the Brown incident the other way about, but it was hardly a "stonewaller" like Ormond said it was.

You'll get no argument from me about our penalty. It was a joke and tbh it took a bit of shine off the win,for me at least, but unfortunately poor decisions get given from time to time. I'm sure you'll remember Michael Duberry cuddling the ball during a Saints v Celtic match and no penalty was awarded.

17 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I would probably have shouted for a penalty had the Brown incident the other way about, but it was hardly a "stonewaller" like Ormond said it was.

You'll get no argument from me about our penalty. It was a joke and tbh it took a bit of shine off the win,for me at least, but unfortunately poor decisions get given from time to time. I'm sure you'll remember Michael Duberry cuddling the ball during a Saints v Celtic match and no penalty was awarded.

I'm sure you'll remember Lustig's handball challenging Iwelumo......

Just now, Ormond said:

I'm sure you'll remember Lustig's handball challenging Iwelumo......

Further backing up my point that every team benefits from poor decisions,meaning your earlier claims of bias are nonsense.

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Further backing up my point that every team benefits from poor decisions,meaning your earlier claims of bias are nonsense.

Every team does indeed benefit from bad decisions.  I think you'd have to admit that Celtic benefit more than most of the rest though. 

16 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Every team does indeed benefit from bad decisions.  I think you'd have to admit that Celtic benefit more than most of the rest though. 

I think that unless you have an encyclopaedic knowledge of every poor refereeing decision over whatever period of time your random comment is meant to cover the I would say that's just made up. And if you do have said encyclopaedic knowledge then that's even more worrying.

All teams get and receive poor decision and that's down to the poor standard of our refs. The most recent are freshest in the memory. And I would also suggest that the teams who are most dominant in games i.e. doing the majority of the attacking, will be involved in the majority of the poor decisions.....both for and against.

22 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Only if you were a paranoid fool.

Celtic get more decisions because they have the ball more often and as such get fouled more.

But I dislike Celtic enough to agree with you.

The famous would be top of the league if we got every decision Celtic got.