Auld Yins - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Auld Yins

The political influence of the elderly is arguably a problem for pretty much any western nation with an ageing population - If they vote as reliably as they do here it means that gov policy gets more and more skewed to their needs and buying them off with freebies, whilst the young have to work/pay more taxes to cover it. Time for a revolution against OAPs! :-)

Having been at Glasgow's west end polling stations, I'd say the student heartland was overwhelmingly 'yes' from all age groups. Lots of badges, hand shakes, cheering etc. The Labour guys agreed.

Spot on. Lots of middle class studenty types in the 18-30 age range were right up for a Yes.

The Shrek Effect - Being fuqqed by OAPs

Possibly the largest grouping out of the statistics, the others are 2,7 and 10 year groups with the largest swing to NO

Large population, at home with a daily diet of media brainwashing, little or no computing skills so no chance of getting involved in the social media side of things. Perfect Nozis

What we need in this country is a hundred Harold Shipmans. He would get things sorted out.

As others have mentioned, on a day of few reasons for laughs or optimism that just made me laugh out loud :ok:

The other day I heard a wee debate about the 16/17 year olds having the vote & someone suggested maybe ONLY 16/17 year olds should have the vote :wink2:

I think many of us might just agree with that now!!!!

Edited by fierypict

Proud to say that my parents were among the 27% of their age group who voted Yes. As for the rest of them:

"What's more important...people unable to eat?...wasting billions on on nuclear weapons to 'protect' against a non-existent threat?...no, my ing pension." :angry: