Black Lies Matter UK - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Black Lies Matter UK

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Guy in the middle looks like a young Jermaine Defoe.

The London City Airport incident showed these idiots up for what they really are. I hope their sentences are the longest possible, what a collection of absolute utter idiots.

The authorities shouldn't have stopped the planes from landing IMO :ok:

Edited by Glasgowmancity

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, thplinth said:

Maybe they were protesting this...

http://www.cbs46.com/story/32855749/elderly-woman-beaten-set-on-fire-dies-after-weeks-in-hospital#ixzz4IczljNtD

According to family members, the 83-year-old Dow had been on a ventilator since the incident occurred at her home in Lone Oak in early August.

Meriwether County Sheriff's Office officials said the suspects forced their way into her home, beat her, poured something on her and set her on fire.

"Once they entered the home, one individual entered her bedroom where she was already in bed," Smith said.

He says one man started beating Dow with a gun, breaking several bones in her hand and forearm. She was then set on fire by another suspect. Dow crawled around on the floor of her home searching for a gallon of water she had near a breathing machine, eventually found it and then put the fire out. She then found her cell phone and dialed 911.

"With one hand broken and her arm broken in four places, she pulled the top off of a gallon of water, poured it over her head and put out the fire," said Dorothy's daughter-in-law Beth Dow. "She then drug herself into the den on her broken arms to get to her cellphone to call 911. She said, 'I thought they were going to kill me'. They told her that she was never going to see her sons again."

Dow had several surgeries due to her injuries which included broken bones and severe burns. She later passed away.11219881_G.jpg11307551_G.jpg11551329_G.jpg

I expect Obama will be along soon to tell us how this could have been his grandmother.

What has that got to do with the topic of the thread? 

12 hours ago, thplinth said:

Me too. :lol:

But anyway it is you asking what my post has to do with the thread Black Lies Matter. Obviously you must have some idea of why you asked the question. Seems obvious to me.

I never realised asking a question made me "Mr thread policeman". That's all. :lol: 

The thread is about the Black Lives Matter movement, you posted something which had absolutely nothing to do with that but instead was some scumbags doing something reprehensible. I was unsure what that had to do with Black lives Matter?

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

I never realised asking a question made me "Mr thread policeman". That's all. :lol: 

The thread is about the Black Lives Matter movement, you posted something which had absolutely nothing to do with that but instead was some scumbags doing something reprehensible. I was unsure what that had to do with Black lives Matter?

No it is about black lies matter. if that crime had been five white kids on a black 83 year old woman do you think it would not have been portrayed as the race crime of the decade. This thread is about hypocrisy of black lies matter as you can probably deduce given the satirical title. Policemen shooting thugs is headline news around the world yet you would never have even heard of this crime had I not posted it. Local news only. There is an agenda at work. 

16 minutes ago, thplinth said:

No it is about black lies matter. if that crime had been five white kids on a black 83 year old woman do you think it would not have been portrayed as the race crime of the decade.

I don't know. It's an interesting take on things you put forward. Can you give us an example of a white on black crime that was portrayed as the race crime of the decade? One not involving police officers, please. 

Policemen shooting thugs is headline news around the world yet you would never have even heard of this crime had I not posted it. Local news only. There is an agenda at work. 

"shooting thugs". I'm interested in how you have deduced that the guys murdered by police were thugs and, even if they were, what behaviour they displayed that gave the police just cause to shoot them multiple times? 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't know. It's an interesting take on things you put forward. Can you give us an example of a white on black crime that was portrayed as the race crime of the decade? One not involving police officers, please. 

"shooting thugs". I'm interested in how you have deduced that the guys murdered by police were thugs and, even if they were, what behaviour they displayed that gave the police just cause to shoot them multiple times? 

Not taking sides, but the Stephen Lawrence murder was heavily publicised due to race.

3 hours ago, Coldo said:

Not taking sides, but the Stephen Lawrence murder was heavily publicised due to race.

Yeah, a racially motivated murder that was covered up and investigations botched due to an "institutionally racist" police force, was indeed heavily publicised due to race...

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

you asked one question which I answered. Now let's hear you explain why the post has nothing to do with a thread entitled Black Lies Matter. I want reasons not just you saying it isn't.

Because the black lives matter movement is about highlighting the inequality they perceive to be present within the USA and predominantly within the justice system. 

Some black people doing reprehensible things doesn't mean that the BLM movement is wrong. 

The problem with starting a thread like this is that its all too easy for it to wind up being something that wouldnae be out of place on a white supremacist site, which naebody wants or needs.

Any attempt at substantive debate on the subject can easily get attacked with cries of "racism" which then descends in to a base level argument where any rational point gets lost.

For example, to address Parklife's question for a non-police based case of white on black violence one could point to the Trayvon Martin case. My own take on it is that it wasn't murder, but was probably manslaughter. Zimmerman was probably acting in self defence but he should have stayed in the car like he was told to. Either way it was something that no one would wish for.

But the white on black, or black on white/latino/asian argument is diversionary too. If you focus on that you get lost in Colin Flaherty territory where you wind up losing the point you were trying make and address, and wind up on some racial quixotic mission and lose any credence because the only people who agree with you are racist basturts.

Thplinth's example is a case in point. There's a huge problem of black on all other groups violence in America that is completely unreported, but that's not a failing of BLM - that's down to selective reporting which contributes to the sense of grievance that drives BLM.

BLM run campaign zero http://www.joincampaignzero.org/brokenwindows which is their agenda on how to improve how the American cops police black communities. It's at the heart of what misguides their approach.

Now I've no doubt that the US judicial system is unfairly skewed against blacks - one needs only to look at the demographics of the US prison population to see that blacks get a raw deal. David Simon made has made a fantastic number of works outside of "The Wire" that explore this - "The House I live In", "The Corner" and "Show Me A Hero" to an extent. 

There's even a "The Wire" analogy that kind of explains the rationale behind the BLM campaign zero

Except that it doesn't add up.

What BLM advocate through campaign zero isn't simply ignoring the beer in the bottle, it's asking for a separatist type of policing. It's not just letting the old black wino have a drink on the corner on a hot summer day - it's ignoring the "low level" non-violent crime that is symptomatic of something far worse going on in the background. And what's going on in the background is the one thing that BLM have consistently failed to address because they say it is a symptom of the broken system that they are railing against rather than something that they can deal with - black on black violence.

Intercenine black on black gang violence is rampant throughout America. Not just NYC and LA, but Wisconsin and Texas and Oregon and everywhere in between.

But especially in Chicago.

500 black on black gang killings in one city from Jan 2016 to this month.

BLM do nothing to address this because it doesn't fit with their agenda.

Being gangsta is the hallmark of 21st century US black culture. It's a cash cow. Gold teeth and trap beats and spitting out rhymes that are as unimaginative and repetitive as the culture they venerate.

Which is why BLM choose to celebrate gangstas who get killed by the police and shout bullshit debunked slogans like "hands up don't shoot" rather than take the actions that only they can take to address the issue.

But the airport stunt was funny and I'd happily see them do more stuff like that.

7 hours ago, brant grebner said:

The problem with starting a thread like this is that its all too easy for it to wind up being something that wouldnae be out of place on a white supremacist site, which naebody wants or needs.

Any attempt at substantive debate on the subject can easily get attacked with cries of "racism" which then descends in to a base level argument where any rational point gets lost.

Just for the record, i wasn't calling anyone racist. 

For example, to address Parklife's question for a non-police based case of white on black violence one could point to the Trayvon Martin case. My own take on it is that it wasn't murder, but was probably manslaughter. Zimmerman was probably acting in self defence but he should have stayed in the car like he was told to. Either way it was something that no one would wish for.

Don't know enough about that case to get in to a discussion on it. However it's certainly a case i recall, even though Zimmerman wasn't actually white.

But the white on black, or black on white/latino/asian argument is diversionary too. If you focus on that you get lost in Colin Flaherty territory where you wind up losing the point you were trying make and address, and wind up on some racial quixotic mission and lose any credence because the only people who agree with you are racist basturts.

I agree. I don't agree with the BLM approach. Which in itself is divisive. 

Thplinth's example is a case in point. There's a huge problem of black on all other groups violence in America that is completely unreported, but that's not a failing of BLM - that's down to selective reporting which contributes to the sense of grievance that drives BLM.

BLM run campaign zero http://www.joincampaignzero.org/brokenwindows which is their agenda on how to improve how the American cops police black communities. It's at the heart of what misguides their approach.

I don't agree with the campaign zero ethos either. I do not think that within many communities there is enough will to self-police and enable "hands off policing". What i do think however, is that too often in the USA, the police's default response to a lot of situations is maximum aggression & force. 

I think this is obviously down to the high levels of violent crime in the USA, that the police face from within deprived communities. Deprived communities which have a disproportionate level of African Americans. As with just about every issue, the levels of violent crime (and police response therefore) is more to do with inequality and deprivation. Which is something the USA seems to care very little about. Inequality along race grounds in the USA is startling and it is a gap that is widening. BLM movement would be better advised to focus on this (which would surely gain wide cross race support) rather than a divisive "those honky cops are racist" tact.  

Now I've no doubt that the US judicial system is unfairly skewed against blacks - one needs only to look at the demographics of the US prison population to see that blacks get a raw deal.

As above, how much of that is down to racism within the judicial system and how much of it is down to racial inequality in society as a whole, i'm unsure. 

David Simon made has made a fantastic number of works outside of "The Wire" that explore this - "The House I live In", "The Corner" and "Show Me A Hero" to an extent. 

There's even a "The Wire" analogy that kind of explains the rationale behind the BLM campaign zero

Except that it doesn't add up.

What BLM advocate through campaign zero isn't simply ignoring the beer in the bottle, it's asking for a separatist type of policing. It's not just letting the old black wino have a drink on the corner on a hot summer day - it's ignoring the "low level" non-violent crime that is symptomatic of something far worse going on in the background. And what's going on in the background is the one thing that BLM have consistently failed to address because they say it is a symptom of the broken system that they are railing against rather than something that they can deal with - black on black violence.

Intercenine black on black gang violence is rampant throughout America. Not just NYC and LA, but Wisconsin and Texas and Oregon and everywhere in between.

But especially in Chicago.

500 black on black gang killings in one city from Jan 2016 to this month.

BLM do nothing to address this because it doesn't fit with their agenda.

Being gangsta is the hallmark of 21st century US black culture. It's a cash cow. Gold teeth and trap beats and spitting out rhymes that are as unimaginative and repetitive as the culture they venerate.

Which is why BLM choose to celebrate gangstas who get killed by the police and shout bullshit debunked slogans like "hands up don't shoot" rather than take the actions that only they can take to address the issue.

But the airport stunt was funny and I'd happily see them do more stuff like that.

Anything that upsets the selfish London elite is good for me :lol: 

5 hours ago, Ormond said:

Brant proving again that he can rip most posters arses on here. :ok:

Parkie claims he has him on ignore. Parkie just picks his victims, that's all. 

WTF are you on about, you tiny witted buffoon? :lol: 

Pick my victims? I came and asked what a post had to do with the thread. 

And for the record, i do have him on ignore. Mainly as i don't find him funny and most of his posts are attempts at comedy. Is that okay? I've seen his posts on here for longer than you and i'm well aware that he's a clever guy. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

WTF are you on about, you tiny witted buffoon? :lol: 

Pick my victims? I came and asked what a post had to do with the thread. 

There's that keyboard hardman again. Dishing out the insults that the wee lamb wouldn't use to someone's face. The TAMB bully. :ok:

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

There's that keyboard hardman again. Dishing out the insults that the wee lamb wouldn't use to someone's face. The TAMB bully. :ok:

:lol: 

Utter excrement that has no basis in fact. Crack on with your delusion though. You can keep discussing me like a sad little man, i'll stick to the topic in the thread. :ok: 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

:lol: 

Utter excrement that has no basis in fact. Crack on with your delusion though. You can keep discussing me like a sad little man, i'll stick to the topic in the thread. :ok: 

The board's internet bully in flow. Keep it up. :ok: