You Voted Yet? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You Voted Yet?

Guest flumax

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy I work with was at a polling station in inverness, and an old bloke came in, got his voting slip, and promptly put it straight into the ballot box ! He then realised what he had done and asked if he could get another slip. Answer was of course no. What a muppet.

I only hope he was a No voter :-))

Lost polling card but voted however simply giving your name and address doesn't seem like much of a security check.

Who's name did you use? You might be able to vote again? :wink2:

I think there have been discussions about ID requirement for voting but they thought that on balance it might put people off voting. They want to encourage more participation.

Lost polling card but voted however simply giving your name and address doesn't seem like much of a security check.

ah but they must have found your polling number and scored it off. so anyone else giving your name and address woudl not get a voting card.

so the voting reg cards are just a record of your name and adress. once its scored off the vote is done. you could theoretically vote for someone else though.

ah but they must have found your polling number and scored it off. so anyone else giving your name and address woudl not get a voting card.

so the voting reg cards are just a record of your name and adress. once its scored off the vote is done. you could theoretically vote for someone else though.

But somebody could have got in before me and voted in my name, just didn't seem very robust.

But somebody could have got in before me and voted in my name, just didn't seem very robust.

That's why it's best to vote early. Folk do turn up at polling stations to vote only to be told that they can't as "they" have already voted. It has never happened on a very big scale........yet.

It's going to be harder to do this time round as we are expecting a big turnout.

Voted in rural perthshire just after 7am in dull rainy weather. VERY busy with mostly eager yessers!!

saw saintlyscot looking very smart outside the Errol polling booth with his Scotland Travel Club tie on when i went to vote after dropping the kids off at School :ok:

My English wife is just back after putting a X in the yes box. Very proud of her :hug: