This Board Needs Tunes - Page 701 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

On 5/13/2023 at 9:44 PM, Grim Jim said:

Yup, more Swedes...

👍 If we were voting each post I’d give this a 10/10…although I’ve still to catch up with many others.

For any new posters to TBNT the present theme which changes almost weekly is :

OK so in deference to Eurovision, how about a new theme, for the time being, of (non British) European music - bands or songs from European songwriters?

21 minutes ago, Heuch Moray said:

👍 If we were voting each post I’d give this a 10/10…although I’ve still to catch up with many others.

OK so in deference to Eurovision, how about a new theme, for the time being, of (non British) European music - bands or songs from European songwriters?

If you can keep listening, I wonder what my average score will be 🙉😬🤮

Cher is half Armenian.   So I can probably post more System of a Down!  

14 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

If you can keep listening, I wonder what my average score will be 🙉😬🤮

Cher is half Armenian.   So I can probably post more System of a Down!  

I didn't know that and did wonder how she fitted in this theme. cheers.

19 hours ago, Heuch Moray said:

Highlighting songwriters could prolong matters if people have been mainly thinking of artistes up till now. Though it may require more in-depth knowledge. Also individuals in bands. And people with part European heritage.

Brian Molko of Placebo "was born in Brussels, Belgium, to an American Jewish father of French and Italian heritage and a Scottish mother."

Jean-Jacques Burnel (bass) was born in London of French parents and has French citizenship.

Apparently he was bullied for his French heritage, so I think he has earned his Frenchness.