This Board Needs Tunes - Page 543 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

Sitting in a pub with an oldies radio station listening to ‘blinded by the light wrapped up like a douche’… and I know the lyrics are ‘ deuce’ but he clearly says douche. Why does he say douche, it is not even close to deuce. It fucking bugs me this song. 😀
Edit: revved not wrapped 😃

Edited by thplinth

21 hours ago, thplinth said:

Sitting in a pub with an oldies radio station listening to ‘blinded by the light wrapped up like a douche’… and I know the lyrics are ‘ deuce’ but he clearly says douche. Why does he say douche, it is not even close to deuce. It fucking bugs me this song. 😀
Edit: revved not wrapped 😃

Did Springsteen not blame Manfred Mann for that? I think Manfred Mann changed the lyrics. 

Thanks to all for keeping this thread rockin' on throughout what has been a fairly hectic time for myself.  Special mention to @exile for updating the topics and of course all the regulars & new visitors - despite some of the cheesy songs 😛

Have yourselves a MERRY BIG CHRISTMAS.... here's a few alternative Christmas songs..

6 minutes ago, Heuch Moray said:

Thanks to all for keeping this thread rockin' on throughout what has been a fairly hectic time for myself.  Special mention to @exile for updating the topics and of course all the regulars & new visitors - despite some of the cheesy songs 😛

Have yourselves a MERRY BIG CHRISTMAS.... here's a few alternative Christmas songs..

And to you and everyone else on here. My favourite thread (just ahead of the jokes one 😄  ).

Hope all is ok soon.

27 minutes ago, fringo said:

And to you and everyone else on here. My favourite thread (just ahead of the jokes one 😄  ).

Hope all is ok soon.

😄 Thanks fringo.

I have to say I've been suffering endless repeats of Feliz Navidad to the extent I'm now sure he's singing 'Fleece ma wee da'  Stick that in your jokes thread 😜 Have a guid Christmas.